Ron Paul on Ludwig von Mises
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Feb 13, 2011
Take advantage of audible.com's special offer and start listening to audiobooks on your iPod or Smartphone today. Just click on the link Below.
Get your first 3 months at 50% off. Just $7.49 a month.
Ludwig Heinrich Edler von Mises September 29, 1881 -- October 10, 1973) was an Austrian economist, historian, philosopher, author, and classical liberal who had a significant influence on the modern free-market libertarian movement and the Austrian School.
The Revolution: A Manifesto is a New York Times #1 best seller by Republican U.S. Congressman Ron Paul. According to Paul, the book is based on written notes during his 2008 presidential campaign.
The contents include a brief preface, seven chapters, and a bibliographic appendix. The preface emphasizes that the book was written to contrast Paul's ideas against "the deadening consensus that crosses party lines, that dominates our major media". Chapter 1 carries this theme by describing recent American elections as false dilemmas and presenting the message of freedom and individual rights as rallying a new widespread revolution, yet one grounded in the tradition of Robert Taft Republicanism. Paul describes the book as "an opportunity to highlight and explain [my views] in the kind of systematic fashion that campaign speeches and presidential debates simply do not allow", "a long-term manifesto based on ideas, and perhaps some short-term marching orders", and "what the agenda of George W. Bush's successor should be if we want to move toward a free society once again".
The longer Chapters 2--6 each take up a particular political issue in turn. A foreign policy of nonintervention is defended from texts of the Founding Fathers and influential conservatives, and diversely elaborated in relation to al-Qaeda, Iraq, Iran, foreign aid, and Israel. Strict construction of the U.S. Constitution, especially as it establishes states' rights, is defended against signing statements and judicial activism, and employed to affirm declaration of war by Congress, opposition to military conscription, a strongly anti-war and non-interventionist foreign policy, rejection of racism, and Paul's pro-life position. Economic solutions are proposed to abolish the income tax while sustaining Social Security, to restore the previous high-quality American health care system Paul recalls from his career, and to address regulation, free trade, environmentalism, and campaign finance. Paul emphasizes civil liberties as expressed in the American Freedom Agenda Act and warns against dangers of a surveillance state, the War on Drugs, and educational mental health screening. Finally, he employs free-market economics against the Federal Reserve, hyperinflation, the subprime mortgage crisis, and taxes on gold and silver transactions.
Standard YouTube License
- 1:16:48 Peter Schiff - Market Crash 2014 | London Realby London Real20,798 views
- 14:15 2012 RON PAUL vs. BEN BERNANKE - 3 Brutal Roundsby pmpowell00194,694 views
- 5:17 John Stossel pwns Michael Mooreby NicosMind95,646 views
- 1:03:34 Mises and the Austrian School (by Jörg Guido Hülsmann) - Introduction to Austrian Economics, 1of11by V for Voluntary Library12,986 views
- 44:52 Murray Rothbard Gives a Tribute to Ludwig von Misesby Libertarianism.org6,765 views
- 15:14 Peter Schiff talks about Michael Mooreby 604johny119,401 views
- 26:44 "We're All Perverts": The Prehistoric Origins of Modern Sexuality with Author Christopher Ryanby ReasonTV28,225 views
- 26:03 How Ron Paul Was Cheated Out Of Presidencyby ThinkOutsideTheTV162,301 views
- 14:06 Ron Paul Destroys MSNBC's Alex Wagner On Syriaby djgabrielpresents87,538 views
- 6:21 2013 - Ron Paul Exposes Obama Martial Law Plans!!!by Top10GamingOfficial388,639 views
- 1:32:49 Resource Based Economy vs. Libertarianismby Tyson Eberly24,865 views
- 27:51 Anti-Trust and Monopoly (with Ron Paul)by misesmedia31,377 views
- 10:09 Peter Schiff Schools Another Keynesian!.mp4by Daniel4412540,017 views
- 5:29 Ron Paul Holds Up Silver Ounce and Tells Bernanke He's Killing the Dollar 2/29/12by RonPaulHemp50,610 views
- 11:56 Aus unserer Bibliothek: Nationalökonomie von Ludwig von Mises | Rahim Taghizadeganby Wertewirtschaft695 views
- 9:37 Ron Paul debates Stephen Baldwin on Legalizing Marijuana on CNN Larry King 03-13-2009.mp4by kalifornya1110,094 views
- 55:40 Mises and Austrian Economics: A Personal Viewby misesmedia27,966 views
- 9:39 1/6 CORPORATOCRACY • Antony Suttonby 911truthncDotOrg3,579 views
- 1:10:03 Ludwig von Mises and the Calculation Debateby feeseminars3,532 views