Yves Rossy The Swiss Jet Man / Fusion Man / Rocket Man - ENGLISH SUBTITLES www.jetman.ch/
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Sep 21, 2006
http://www.jetman.ch/ latest news on Yves Rossy's official site!
Follow his channel http://www.youtube.com/user/jetmanoff...
The Jet Man, Yves Rossy, a former Swiss military pilot, designed and built a deployable 3-meter wing, holding kerosene fuel for 2 jet engines (as of May 2008 FOUR turbines on a 2.5m wing!!) fixed to the tips and attached it to his back. Rossy launched from an airplane and flew for 4 minutes, traveling over 100 mph, landing by parachute. http://www.jet-man.com/prod/index_en....
OK here's my attempt at translation (if you can, please correct!):
00:16 (VIDEO START)
00:20 (German) Further, further away from the car
00:24 (French) Towards the drain
00:33 ('SCOTLAND THE BRAVE' RINGTONE)
00:48 So, the idea is, as we see here, there's the fuel, the smoke cartridges, and the jet engines underneath, for horizontal flight.
01:00 In fact, the Flying Jet Man, that's the idea. And to do that we've developed this folding wing, taking into account the space available in the plane, because we don't have much space. A wing of 3 meters would not fit in the plane without being folding.
01:19 It's nearly a mini-airplane, except that, well, I'm the fuselage. So there's fuel, batteries, gas for starting the jet engines, oil is in the kerosene for lubricating the engine. I have a little handle for moving the ailerons so I can go up and down, so I've got all the controls just like a plane, and like I said I'm the fuselage with two jet engines up my backside!
01:56 The goal - horizontal flight. That's it.
03:08 (START ENGINES IN PLANE, WINGS FOLDED)
04:27 (PARACHUTE OPENS)
04:50 (LANDING, WINGS FOLDED)
04:52 (excited) I had a fantastic exit from the plane, that's already a good start, because the wings don't open symmetrically, so I'm always a little tense that that will work well, sometimes that creates a little half turn like that, but I've exited well, and clunk! I was stable, so that's already a good start to the flight.
05:08 Physically it feels great, you're in gliding flight like that, you feel that you're falling, gliding, that's already OK, you're in flight, then you hit the gas, and vroom! bang! you feel how that pushes, and it holds up horizontally, it's great.
05:26 It's like there's a big handle in your back, and the good Lord takes you by it and shoves you through the air, it's fantastic!!
Standard YouTube License
- 1:43 Amazing Video: 'Jet Man' stunts alongside fighter jets over Alpsby RussiaTodayFeatured 1,277,845
- 4:58 Dan Osman's fatal jump Nov 23,1998by Robair Robairlb 1,703,203 views
- 3:59 To infinity and beyondby swissinfovideos 1,817,055 views
- 3:13 Jet-man: Human powered flightby fdt2k 1,683,498 views
- 1:34 See to Believe: Birdmanby mustseebelieve 2,397,902 views
- 6 videos Play all How it's madeby aayazkayani
- 1:19 Swiss 'JetMan' Cancels Grand Canyon Flightby AssociatedPress 763,120 views
- Yves Rossy 680 videos78
- 1:11 Stunt Junkies - Jet Powered Wingsuit - Stunt Junkiesby ezmickel934 270,289 views
- 9:23 Jet Man - Yves Rossyby hublotTV 1,139,895 views
- 6:43 Hobbies & Hustles Episode 4 (The Rocket Man)by blacktreemedia 365,642 views
- 6:38 Jetlev training 4 of 5by Jetlev1 1,639,497 views
- 4:19 jetman yves rossyby alias202 426,481 views
- 1:33 Swiss Rocket: Video of 'Jetman' flying over Grand Canyonby RussiaToday 67,773 views
- 1:29 "RIDON" Hoverbike 3D Animationby ivangraphics 4,687,402 views
- 1:20 Swiss Man Soars with Jet Wingsby NTDTV 119,057 views
- 5:00 Alien Jump Jet the coolest new aircraftby taoistflyer 5,177,708 views
- 6:01 Jetmanby detwilers 862,704 views
- 1:32 Jetman Grand Canyon Flight, Yves Rossyby AVweb 140,797 views
- 4:39 RC Jet crashby sandsfilms 5,952,447 views
- 1:33 Jetman attempts record breaking flight - in Sept on Nat Geoby NatGeo TVUK 83,604 views
- 10:00 EF-2000 EDF RC Jet Review by: Nightflyyerby NightFlyyer 4,698,344 views
- Loading more suggestions...