Yves Rossy The Swiss Jet Man / Fusion Man / Rocket Man - ENGLISH SUBTITLES www.jetman.ch/
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Sep 21, 2006
http://www.jetman.ch/ latest news on Yves Rossy's official site!
Follow his channel http://www.youtube.com/user/jetmanoff...
The Jet Man, Yves Rossy, a former Swiss military pilot, designed and built a deployable 3-meter wing, holding kerosene fuel for 2 jet engines (as of May 2008 FOUR turbines on a 2.5m wing!!) fixed to the tips and attached it to his back. Rossy launched from an airplane and flew for 4 minutes, traveling over 100 mph, landing by parachute. http://www.jet-man.com/prod/index_en....
OK here's my attempt at translation (if you can, please correct!):
00:16 (VIDEO START)
00:20 (German) Further, further away from the car
00:24 (French) Towards the drain
00:33 ('SCOTLAND THE BRAVE' RINGTONE)
00:48 So, the idea is, as we see here, there's the fuel, the smoke cartridges, and the jet engines underneath, for horizontal flight.
01:00 In fact, the Flying Jet Man, that's the idea. And to do that we've developed this folding wing, taking into account the space available in the plane, because we don't have much space. A wing of 3 meters would not fit in the plane without being folding.
01:19 It's nearly a mini-airplane, except that, well, I'm the fuselage. So there's fuel, batteries, gas for starting the jet engines, oil is in the kerosene for lubricating the engine. I have a little handle for moving the ailerons so I can go up and down, so I've got all the controls just like a plane, and like I said I'm the fuselage with two jet engines up my backside!
01:56 The goal - horizontal flight. That's it.
03:08 (START ENGINES IN PLANE, WINGS FOLDED)
04:27 (PARACHUTE OPENS)
04:50 (LANDING, WINGS FOLDED)
04:52 (excited) I had a fantastic exit from the plane, that's already a good start, because the wings don't open symmetrically, so I'm always a little tense that that will work well, sometimes that creates a little half turn like that, but I've exited well, and clunk! I was stable, so that's already a good start to the flight.
05:08 Physically it feels great, you're in gliding flight like that, you feel that you're falling, gliding, that's already OK, you're in flight, then you hit the gas, and vroom! bang! you feel how that pushes, and it holds up horizontally, it's great.
05:26 It's like there's a big handle in your back, and the good Lord takes you by it and shoves you through the air, it's fantastic!!
Standard YouTube License
- 2:40 Jet Packs: THE FACTS -- Fak #4by Vsauce2 Featured 885,024
- Yves Rossy - Jet Man 24 videos755
- 9:50 Martin Jetpack Climbs 5000 Feet Above Sea Levelby TheSocialFeedTV658,277 views
- 4:58 Dan Osman's fatal jump Nov 23,1998by Robair Robairlb1,964,747 views
- 6:05 ♠ Flyboard ♠ HDby panza roty1,006,819 views
- 3:59 To infinity and beyondby swissinfovideos2,223,250 views
- 6:43 Hobbies & Hustles Episode 4 (The Rocket Man)by BlackTree TV434,122 views
- 17 videos Play all Jet Manby videovictim
- 3:54 How to land a Boeing 747 on a moving aircraft carrier on X-Plane 9by shp05v22,800,431 views
- 5:39 The Troy Hartman Jetpackby Troy Hartman1,221,466 views
- 1:46 Kinetic Jet Packby AJsoCal519,110 views
- 5:14 Incredible flight: 'Jetman' swoops past Mount Fuji with carbon-Kevlar jetwingby euronews (in English)22,044 views
- 14:49 Yves Rossy: Fly with the Jetmanby TED2,905,474 views
- 5:01 Jetman Yves Rossy flies with the Breitling Jet Team over the Grand Canyonby Luxurious Magazine436,570 views
- 6:38 Jetlev training 4 of 5by Raymond Li1,886,518 views
- 1:44 Jetman powers to new daredevil recordby This Is Genius113,783 views
- 8:06 Rocket Man Vs. Rally Car - Top Gear - BBCby TopGear1,130,526 views
- 3:43 Jet engine Jet pack : World's first Gas-Turbine backpack. The Bell WR19 Jetbeltby Grommo47,425 views
- 1:45 Swiss "Jetman" flies over Grand Canyonby swissinfovideos2,357,887 views
- 8:45 Jetpack Joyride new highscore (13,077m)by NotBadPlay445,903 views