Microsoft Surface tablet - Keynote 2012 (Part 1/4)
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Jun 19, 2012
★ Follow me for updates ★
YouTube - http://youtube.com/Randyvdmeer
Twitter - http://twitter.com/BestTechChannel
Google+ - http://plus.ly/BestTechChannel
Facebook - http://facebook.com/BestTechChannel
Microsoft Surface - Keynote 2012 (Part 1/4)
Microsoft Surface - Keynote 2012 (Part 2/4)
Microsoft Surface - Keynote 2012 (Part 3/4)
Microsoft Surface - Keynote 2012 (Part 4/4)
After a quite incredible barrage of rumor and speculation, Steve Ballmer has officially announced Microsoft Surface, which will be the Redmond company's first effort in the increasingly-relevant tablet market. Given the poor performance of most competitors to the iPad, the significance of its introduction to the market could be huge, and here, we take a run-down of its vital statistics.
From a design perspective, it's a lot different to anything we've seen on the market, and as you can see from the photos, could be a game-changer. Packed into an ultra-light magnesium body, it's finished off elegantly with PVD, while the screen is hardened by the Gorilla Glass previously used by Cupertino rival Apple in various digital products. The edges of the device are beveled at 22 degree angles to, as Microsoft's Steven Sinofsky points out, make the device "feel natural in your hands," but the finish isn't the only unique design quirk -- not by a long shot.
Beside being the only tablet with the liquid metal finish, it also features a nifty in-built kickstand, enabling the device to stand freely for movie-watching, without the need utilize / purchase any separate or third-party accessories. Intuitive indeed.
The killer feature, however, is the cover, which clips on magnetically to double as a touch-enabled keyboard -- a feature Microsoft feels essential to those looking to purchase a tablet. Named Type Cover, it looks simply stunning, and at three millimeters thin, it doesn't bulk out the device too much when being utilized as a cover.
The most interesting thing about the tablet is that it will come with a stylus, yes, a stylus. It is designed in such a way that writing feels completely natural and feels as if the pen is in direct contact with the display, something which has never been achieved before on a device of this calibre. Remarkable indeed. And oh, did we mention that the stylus magnetically latches on to the Surface's body?
It features a 10.6 inch display, which, as well as being larger than the iPad by almost an inch, offers more screen real-estate than most other tablet offerings to date. With semantic zoom, it will offer a seamless Windows experience, and will, of course, present users with the ability to download games, movies, and general content through the Windows Store from the get-go. With 32 and 64GB versions available, there'll be plenty of space for all that content to reside.
Not only does the Microsoft Surface have the credentials to knock the iPad off its perch, but it may just threaten the fledgling ultrabook market, because as well as a Surface for Windows RT, there will also be one -- packing Intel chips -- with full Windows, and desktop apps running capabilities.
Many have been disappointed with Microsoft's lack of a decent hardware announcement, but the stunning Surface looks as though it could turn the tablet market completely on its head.
Standard YouTube License
- 13:01 Microsoft Surface tablet - Keynote 2012 (Part 2/4)by Randyvdmeer 677,086 views
- 17:51 Microsoft Surface Tablet Reveal Keynote Part-3by ProtegeNoble 22,497 views
- 6:26 Microsoft Surface 2.0by MSHKITPRO's channel 272,717 views
- 1:54:01 Apple WWDC 2012 Keynoteby Eyon Qiu 155,492 views
- 5:30 Microsoft Surface 2by giiks 951,704 views
- 4:16 Microsoft Unveils the New "Surface" Tabletby WSJDigitalNetwork 13,224 views
- 4:15 Microsoft Surface is the best productivity tablet yetby CNETTV 193,240 views
- 2:49 Microsoft New Windows 8 Surface Tablet (2012)by Aspiring Tech Reviewer 73,104 views
- 6:57 Microsoft Introduces 'Surface' Tabletby WSJDigitalNetwork 45,099 views
- 2:20 Microsoft "Surface" Tablet Announced, Powered by Windows 8by forbes 96,401 views
- 2:04 Microsoft 'Surface' Tablet Makes Waves: Can It Compete With Apple's iPad?by ABCNews 6,889 views
- 24:22 Surface RT vs iPad - Thorough Comparisonby Zollotech 12,877 views
- 4 videos Play all Microsoft Surface tablet | Keynote June 2012by Randyvdmeer
- Surface by Microsoft 32 videos33K
- 1:23 Microsoft Surface tablet unveiledby telegraphtv 27,359 views
- 14:51 Microsoft Surface RT vs iPad 3by Welcome To SlashGear Videos! 364,539 views
- 11:02 Microsoft Surface vs. iPad Test (13 advantages over the iPad or any other tablet)by mkzwo2 14,497 views
- 9:01 Microsoft Surface Tablet Reviewby SoldierKnowsBest 178,044 views
- 1:58 Microsoft Surface Supports Digital Ink/Stylusby James Cameron 59,372 views
- 7:48 Apple Byte - Microsoft Surface takes on the iPadby CNETTV 61,916 views
- 2:06 First Look: New Microsoft Surface for Windows RT (Windows 8 Tablet)by motherboardsorg 72,162 views
- 1:42 3 Reasons Microsoft's Windows Surface Tablet Just Might Succeedby saymediainc 50,703 views
- Loading more suggestions...