TEDxKCG - Dharmesh Jadeja - Tracing The Invisible
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Apr 24, 2012
TEDxKCG is a local, independently organized university event in Chennai that strives to re-create the unique experience found at TED. We hope to bring together some of the most distinguished individuals from our local community to share, inspire and demonstrate the power of original ideas. Our theme for this year is 'Ekavira: Be original. Be different.' where 'Ekavira' is Sanskrit for an Eminent person or hero.
KCG College of Technology has been officially recognized by the parent organization and given the necessary license to host a TEDx event.
KCG College of Technology, part of the Hindustan Group of Institutions, was founded in 1998 to fulfill the Founder-Chairman Dr. KCG Verghese's vision of "Making Every Man a Success and no Man a Failure". It is affiliated to Anna University, Chennai and approved by AICTE, New Delhi.
Dharmesh Jadeja, a Calligraphist and Architect, currently working on the Board of Architects, Auroville is the first artist of his ilk to be invited to be a part of the residency at the University of Sunderland in the United Kingdom. The university's faculty of design, media and culture has an International Centre for Research in Calligraphy which has been exploring the links between the different cultures and researching deeper insights in to their calligraphic traditions. Dharmesh concentrates on the letter forms, their combinations, formation, and structure and explores the ideas behind the forms of ancient Indian letters, in particular, the Devanagari script. His practice has been involved closely with exploring almost all forms of design, ranging from architecture, interior design and landscape to product design, calligraphy, graphics and architectural ceramics and pottery. His designs are rooted in culture and nature. His formal education was as a Civil Engineer from Birla Engineering College. Since early years, indigenous building materials, techniques and locally appropriate aesthetics have been the field of his interest. His search somehow has always been to combine the various fields of design through the work he does and explore how all these fields relate to each other and enhance the quality of the work.
Website: http://www.kcgcollege.ac.in/, http://tedxkcg.com/
Facebook Page: www.facebook.com/TEDxKCG
Standard YouTube License
- 19:26 TEDxKCG - Mansoor Khan - The Third Curveby TEDxKCG570 views
- 19:19 TEDxKCG - George Mathew - The Sound of Ubuntuby TEDxKCG589 views
- 20:16 TEDxKCG - Preetha Pulusani - The Ecosystem for Innovation in Indiaby TEDxKCG498 views
- 25:48 AUROVILLE -- A GREAT GATHERING IS TAKING PLACEby DJ Phax Mulder485 views
- 18:19 TEDxKCG - Anita Ratnam - The Three Goddesses in my Lifeby TEDxKCG1,313 views
- 22:25 TEDxKCG - Marti Bharath - Saptaby TEDxKCG1,322 views
- 16:00 TEDxKCG - Yuvraj Pandian - How not to be a Zombieby TEDxKCG852 views
- 16:43 TEDxKCG - Ashwin Ramesh - Starting from Scratchby TEDxKCG569 views
- 9:20 Zeppelin 2012-Mechanical bandby Pragadish Nandakumar502 views
- 18:31 Getting Comfortable with Being Uncomfortable: Sanjay Radhakrishnan at TEDxHindustanUniversityby TEDxTalks2,121 views
- 2:23 Exploring interior design materialsby Business Daily Africa112 views
- 15:25 The New Generation-Generation Einstein: Jeroen Boschma at TEDxHindustanUniversityby TEDxTalks282 views
- 9:20 KCG Pirates@zeppelin-2012 .mpgby Sriram Ssr1,638 views
- 15:00 Behind The Scenes (SurKshetra) - Atif Aslam mentoring the contestants - JOSH Episode HDby pchero123164,536 views
- 7:10 Hindustan University 01.mpgby 2020echannel404 views
- 8:23 ZEPPELIN'12 - ECE BATTLE OF BANDS WINNING PERFORMANCE.mp4by shanmuga priyan525 views
- 8:05 What is Truth? - Sadhguruby Sadhguru46,771 views
- 1:06 Blacklisted Universities In Indiaby HostgatorCouponCode29,659 views
- 0:46 HINDUSTAN UNIVERSITY 2by spotlightmedia2006951 views
- 15:00 TEDxKRP - Gerard Rego - Aggregating small farmers to create sustainable communities globallyby TEDxTalks513 views
- Loading more suggestions...