This video is unavailable.
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Feb 23, 2013
About this video
The demonstrations offered in this video were devised by trainers involved in the instruction of law enforcement officers to educate people who may not know a great deal about firearms and their use. The drills are meant to address the ideas put forth by legislators and pundits who are perhaps well intended but who lack knowledge of the field.
The exercises in part are meant to represent the type of shooting professionals expect from a deranged active shooter who, historically, is likely to be a late teenage to young adult male who spends an inordinate amount of time playing video games ( we are not implying that video games are evil here). First person Shooter video games (which closely mimic Video Simulators used on Police and Military Training) develop an increased degree of hand-eye coordination and dexterity plus a heightened awareness of the use of the speed reload (reloading before the weapon runs dry).
Points which were exhibited:
1. Active shooters typically transition from target to target
2. Active shooters typically reload frequently (see reports on VA Tech).
3. Active shooters are more dexterous than the typical citizen, including most typical Law Enforcement Officers.
4. Target Transitions and movement are more time consuming than reloads.
5. It is the person who is defending rather than on the attack who suffers more from a magazine capacity restriction.
6. The Fastest Reload has long been the "New York Reload"; dropping the empty gun and pulling another.
Other points of interest;
1. As the Glock heated up the magazines stuck (they were factory drop free magazines) giving the disadvantage of longer reloads
2. The tests were performed a week earlier using "slide lock" reloads and magazines carried in pouches or stuck in the belt -- the times were not noticeably different. (the weapon was different however).
3. This is the first time that Christy has ever fired a Glock (she is not a trained shooter but is not totally unfamiliar with firearms).
4. There were no "practice" runs. One reason that the shooting speed increased is that the exercise is heuristic in nature. Another reason is most likely the subconscious knowledge that the clock is running. The bottom line is that shooting / Target Transition speed are the most relevant aspects of multiple target shooting and they are not something legislation can effect.
Standard YouTube License
- 7:32 Best 7 minutes on gun control I have ever seen!by Carrie BevillFeatured 1,006,189
- 8:56 **Sen. Chris Murphy Gets Schooled On Gun Control** Manchester 2/24/2013by PALIN SMITH 22,228 views
- 2:39 Shooting The 600 Round Glockazine High Capacity Assault Clip (comedy)by mattv2099 63,402 views
- 13:41 5 Guns to buy before a potential banby Iraqveteran8888 1,860,727 views
- 16:05 Dan Bongino Slams Lying Gun Control Advocateby Warren Herrick 45,781 views
- 10:13 Justice w Judge Jeanine Pirro: Brutal Truth on Chicago's "Gun Ban"by ZP ZAP 2,029 views
- 9:55 Gun Owner Is Arrested After Having His Home Illegally Searchedby wearechange 66,866 views
- 10:08 Senator Ted Cruz not only Swept the floor on the Gun Control Hearings..he took out the trashby newsninja2012 743,981 views
- 5:21 Warning To American Gun Owners From Canadian News Anchorby 102196543 415,144 views
- 12:02 How to Counter the Buy Back Gun Program in your Communityby newsninja2012 97,482 views
- 5:10 Gun Control -- No matter what your opinion, you need to see thisby MichaelSavage4Prez 590,130 views
- 3:50 You don't NEED a 30 Round Clip!!by NeverEnuffAmmo 111,628 views
- 3:31 Colorado Magazine Banby therealTrippleB 3,976 views
- 12:11 Piers Morgan vs John Lott Over Assault Weapons Ban: Don't Be Ridiculous What An Absolute Lieby Les Grossman 44,551 views
- 21:11 Troops Ordered To Kill All Americans Who Do Not Turn In Gunsby TheAlexJonesChannel 2,534,786 views
- 32:14 We are Preparing for Massive Civil War, Says DHS Informantby TheLipperTube 2,303,101 views
- 13:35 Gun Show Report 2013by sootch00 59,264 views
- 9:17 Ted Nugent Attacks Piers Morgan For His 'Obsession' With Guns: 'Will You Leave Us The Hell Alone?by Les Grossman 1,326,913 views
- 8:12 Ken Campbell Discussing Assault Weapons - Extendedby Firearms101usa 46,636 views
- 2:16 Gun Control Worksby FrontSightMovies 120,679 views
- Loading more suggestions...