2 Live Jews - Oy' It's So Humid
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Apr 28, 2009
Please & Check out our "NEW" website for more music videos at http://www.bvmtv.com! We uploading many videos we can until we drop!
2 Live Jews is a comedy hip-hop duo composed of MC Moisha (Eric Lambert) and Easy Irving (Joe Stone). Their name is a parody of 2 Live Crew. They are known for songs that mix and spoof hip-hop culture and Jewish-American stereotypes, and the fact that the "members" were purportedly two elderly Jewish men who had recently discovered their rhyming ability. In reality, Eric Lambert and Joe Stone were young men who were raised in the Jewish tradition.
Created in 1990, 2 Live Jews released their debut album, As Kosher as They Wanna Be. The name of the group and the album were spoofs of 2 Live Crew's 1989 hit As Nasty as They Wanna Be. With hits like '"Oy! It's So Humid", "Young Jews be Proud", and '"Shake Your Tuchas," As Kosher as They Wanna Be was a success and launched 2 Live Jews into the spotlight. This album was supposedly the springboard for comedy hip-hop.
Comedian Eric Lambert, who played MC Moisha and was the co-writer on the first album with then partner Joe Stone, is not Jewish and broke off affiliation with the project after the first two albums. "It was kind of a one joke thing to me," says Lambert. "I can't believe they're still making those albums."
As Kosher as They Wanna Be was the duo's only successful and popular album, and afterward, 2 Live Jews slipped into obscurity. Yet they made Fiddling With Tradition in 1991, a hip-hop reworking of the 1964 musical Fiddler on the Roof. Fiddling got only minor attention and was not a successful novelty album. 2 Live Jews went on to create Disco Jews in 1994 and Christmas Jews in 1998, before quitting.
In 2005, Moisha and Irving released their greatest hits album, The Worst of 2 Live Jews...the Best of the Shticks.
2 Live Jews' original rhyming style involves hip-hop lyrics typical of the Golden Age hip-hop of the early 1990s, but includes sung and non-hip-hop tunes. Their lyrics tend to be about clichéd or stereotypical Jewish topics. In keeping with the Jewish stereotypes, their lyrics are full of Yiddish words, often unknown to most non-Yiddish speakers. Due to Moisha and Irving's old age, they sing with haggard voices.
Standard YouTube License
- 50 videos Play all YouTube Mix
- 7:49 Prostitutes on the New York Subway! - NYC Day 1by More Crappy Videos!Featured 1,386,146
- 3:25 Weird Al Yankovic "Amish Paradise"by BVMTValternative 6,058,530 views
- 5:49 Green Jello "Little Pig, Little Pig"by BVMTValternative 4,415,212 views
- 4:51 Rollins Band - Liarby Bohemia Visual Music Alternative Rock Channel 1,212,117 views
- 4:15 Body Count "There Goes The Neighborhood"by BVMTValternative 818,486 views
- 2:46 Borat - Throw the Jew Down the Well!!by Mark Edmonds 6,710,373 views
- 12 videos Play all Jewish hip-hopby indebtedjoyfully
- 1:58 Robin Williams - Weedby BoomedOuts kanal 1,202,505 views
- 10:48 Achmed the dead Terrorist - Mega Funnyby TURKOAG 59,814 views
- 3:43 Talking Heads - "Once In A Lifetime"by Edgar Aldrett 7,329,320 views
- 5:17 Too Large Crew - Me So Hungry (Jam City Records 1988).wmvby Torsten Wolf 21,322 views
- 4:27 Primus - Wynona's Big Brown Beaverby Primus 5,699,568 views
- 4:46 "Weird Al" Yankovic - Polka Faceby "Weird Al" Yankovic 2,908,246 views
- 4:03 MC Pillsberry & The 4 Large Crew - Me So Hungryby MrSundayjoint 4,506 views
- 3:45 2 Live Crew - Get It Girlby anjovingador 1,327,246 views
- 3:30 "Weird Al" Yankovic - Eat Itby "Weird Al" Yankovic 7,763,996 views
- 3:40 2 Live Crew - Shake a lil Somethin'by thrizy 1,145,590 views
- 2:59 2 Live Crew - Hoochie Mama (Nasty Version)by BigBoseMan's channel 3,084,903 views
- 2:19 The Presidents of the USA - Lumpby pickle965 5,109,592 views
- 1:35 Woman Yells Heil Hitler To Jewish Man at Las Vegas Town Hallby 8NewsNOW.com / KLAS-TV Channel 8, Las Vegas 1,433,680 views
- 4:20 Matisyahu Live on Lettermanby Daniel Sieradski 6,654,684 views
- Loading more suggestions...