Integrating and Controlling Unstructured Data with IAM - STEALTHbits Technologies
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Aug 27, 2013
Integrate File System and SharePoint permissions with your existing Identity & Access Management platform - http://www.stealthbits.com/by-busines...
Unstructured data is critical to every business. Users collaborate frequently on documents, spreadsheets, and presentations stored within File Systems and other repositories like SharePoint. These files often contain sensitive information, making controlling access to this data critically important to the prevention of security breaches. The challenge, however, is how do you make sure the right users have access to the right data, and any unnecessary access is revoked?
Traditionally, managing access is a function organizations would look to Identity & Access Management (IAM) platforms to provide. IAM solutions often enable non-technical users in an organization to perform entitlement reviews on the resources they own. Additionally, IAM provides assigned business liaisons the ability to actually grant and revoke access to applications and other resources through self-service or automated processes, offloading the access management burden from IT to the business.
The problem is that Identity & Access Management solutions focus on applications, not data. IAM solutions don't work with Unstructured Data because they are blind to the entitlements granted to Active Directory Users and Groups, and the data is too distributed and difficult to understand.
STEALTHbits Technologies enables organizations to take the workflow used for managing access to applications and extend it to unstructured data, allowing for fully-automated Access Governance controls over some of their most sensitive data assets.
STEALTHbits' enterprise-class data scanning engine discovers unstructured data across an organization's environment, creating a single, consolidated entitlement store containing key information such as who owns the data, who has access, and how. Through direct integration with leading Identity & Access Management frameworks and home-grown systems, organizations can now provision, review, and revoke access to unstructured data.
For more information, visit us online at www.stealthbits.com, and follow us at www.facebook.com/STEALTHbits, www.twitter.com/STEALTHbits, or www.linkedin.com/company/stealthbits-tec
Standard YouTube License
- 51:00 Mining Unstructured Healthcare Databy zang0149 views
- 47:15 What You Can Do With Hadoop: Unstructured Data - Video Analytics on Hadoopby Pivotal70 views
- 16:55 Data Governance for ISIM Demoby STEALTHbits Technologies101 views
- 10:17 Windows Azure Data Centers, the 'Long Tour'by Emmanuel Huna35,822 views
- 17:12 Data Mining-Structured Data, Unstructured data and Information Retrievalby John Paul69 views
- 6:28 File Structure Conceptsby Dileep Kodira662 views
- 52:45 How to Define Requirements for Managing Your Unstructured Databy DataversityChannel53 views
- 8:04 Structured vs Unstructuredby Robert Primmer3,100 views
- 15:53 Pingar: turning unstructured data into knowledgeby Rackspace Studios, SFO2,387 views
- 3:06 The world's largest data centerby OvhComOnVousHeberge96,195 views
- 5:12 Identity Management: Identity First Principles (1 of 5)by The Open Group6,302 views
- 2:19 Monarch Tips and Techniques 1, Tip #2: Working with Multi-Linesby DatawatchTV1,098 views
- 2:34 StealthSEEK 01: Training Overviewby STEALTHbits Technologies29 views
- 1:24 STEALTHbits Technologies - Company Overviewby STEALTHbits Technologies301 views
- 2:32 Envolve Demo Day Presentationby GetEnvolved3,297 views
- 1:52 Structured vs Unstructured data architectureby Pythian991 views
- 5:05 StealthAUDIT: Welcome Settings Exchangeby STEALTHbits Technologies
- 1:01 StealthSEEK - Simple Data-at-Rest DLP (w/STEALTHbits)by STEALTHbits Technologies116 views
- 7:19 Global Directions Panel Segment 4: Structured vs. Unstructured Data - Real World Applicationsby KodakDI1 view
- 6:20 Data Management_ Unstructured Data Management With Oracle Database 12Cby Data Management System17 views
- Loading more suggestions...