RESCUE - Kevin Leyden
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Mar 7, 2012
http://www.esf.org/rescue RESCUE SYNTHESIS REPORT - LAUNCH EVENT - 16/02/2012, BRUSSELS
The RESCUE Synthesis Report has been officially presented during the RESCUE Launch / Press Event on Thursday 16th February 2012, morning, in the International Press Centre, Brussels (BE).
This RESCUE Synthesis Report Launch Event concludes our main activities, and made it possible for the RESCUE community to present their key findings to a range of actors and stakeholders, such as:
high-level representatives from research funding and performing organisations;
science policy makers at national, European and global levels;
research managers representing key science communities and initiatives;
representatives from academia and NGOs; and
researchers, practitioners and educators, in Europe and beyond.
Here is the announcement flyer for this event.
The RESCUE report was also prepared in close cooperation or liaison with other key organisations or initiatives, including the International Council of Science (ICSU), the International Social Science Council (ISSC), the International Group of Funding Agencies for Global Change Research (IGFA) and its Belmont Forum, and the European Alliance of Global Change Research Committees (EA-GCR).
Overall, this RESCUE foresight initiative aimed to contribute also to the current international efforts preparing transitions toward sustainability, among which emerge especially the 'Planet under Pressure - New Knowledge Towards Solutions' Conference (PuP, March 2012), the 'Rio+20' United Nations Conference on Sustainable Development (UNCSD, June 2012) and the 'Future Earth - research for global sustainability' initiative, newly established by the International Council for Science (ICSU) and a global alliance of partners. This new 10-year international collaborative initiative will aim to effectively deliver solution-oriented research on global environmental change for sustainability and to provide global coordination for science to respond to the most pressing societal and environmental challenges. This new endeavour echoes markedly some of the findings and conclusions of RESCUE regarding the global change research agenda setting.
Should you be interested in RESCUE, please contact us at fl-rescue[at]esf.org.
Standard YouTube License
- 2:29 RESCUE - Karen O'Brienby EurActiv123 views
- 3:15 RESCUE - Responses to Environmental and Societal Challenges for our Unstable Earthby EurActiv60 views
- 2:21 RESCUE - Heide Hackmannby EurActiv95 views
- 3:02 RESCUE - Jill Jagerby EurActiv91 views
- 10:52 10 Amazing Science Experiments you can do with Eggsby Taras Kul318,544 views
- 51:39 A Brief Comparison of Qualitative and Quantitative Research Methodsby OtaruShodai16,648 views
- 5:55 Congressman Donald Payne Life and Legacyby TV2Africa757 views
- 12:36 Business Day Live | March 7, 2012by The New York Times1,823 views
- 2:41 Smart & Liveable Cities Broker Workshopby Benita Lipps268 views
- 2:33 Sarkozy appeals for right wing votersby Al Jazeera English3,267 views
- 13:51 The Research Proposalby Massey University83,371 views
- 39:23 Reliability, validity, generalizability and credibility. Pt .1 of 3: Research Qualityby Graham R Gibbs10,479 views
- 3:22 City X-Changes: Smart & Liveable Cities Knowledge Brokerby Benita Lipps183 views
- 3:23 Apple unveils new 3rd generation iPadby CNN2,948 views
- 2:24 A Rare Glimpse Inside a Space Shuttle Endeavorby CNN15,870 views
- 4:05 Senator Al Franken's Hot Dish Cookoffby UpTakeVideo665 views
- 2:33 UN likely to blame for Haiti cholera outbreakby Al Jazeera English3,826 views
- 1:06:19 Introduction to Research Methodology - Debashish Banerjiby uprsedu14,933 views
- 2:00 Solar flare's 'loogie' set to hit Earthby CNN1,036 views
- 2:52 US Military resists intervening in Syriaby CNN842 views
- Loading more suggestions...