Uploaded on Apr 16, 2010
This is how I apply tension to the string with my Alpha String Pal stringer. This will work with any drop-weight with a clutch/ratchet.
1. Put the drop weight bar in the down position. It's held just below horizontal by the set screw.
2. Turn the gripper until it is in the horizontal position (or just below).
3. Feed the string through the gripper. There can be a little bit of slack as the next step will take care of the slack.
4. Close the gripper jaws so that it grips the string and hold it. You do this by pushing the inside spring loaded jaws towards the racquet.
5. Turn the gripper to remove any slack in the string.
6. Keep holding the gripper so it does not turn and lift the drop weight bar.
7. Lower the bar down.
8. If horizontal, clamp off. If below horizontal, repeat step 6. If above horizontal, lift bar without holding gripper to release string and start again from 1.
You will notice that the bar is not exactly horizontal when I string. It's because the string is still stretching.
Standard YouTube License