AUS. Wallabies. vs. England. Rose. Live. Online. Rugby. Test. 2013
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Nov 2, 2013
AUTUMN INTERNATIONALS: ENGLAND v AUSTRALIA
Date: Saturday 2 November
Kick-off: 14:30 GMT
Coverage: Live commentary on BBC Radio 5 live & online. Watch highlights on BBC Three, online and on mobiles: Saturday 20:00-21:00 GMT; repeated on BBC Two on Sunday from 13:20 GMT
England take on Australia at Twickenham on Saturday looking for a winning start to the autumn Test series.
Stuart Lancaster's men also face Argentina and New Zealand on consecutive weekends as they look to build momentum for the 2015 World Cup.
Joel Tomkins will make his debut for England, who are without five of their British and Irish Lions tourists.
"We need to get our own detail right and hit the ground running," said assistant coach Andy Farrell.
"Injuries are inevitable. You've got to have a strong squad and a strong culture to cope with that, and we're certainly confident with what we've got."
Twenty-six-year-old Tomkins, who switched codes from rugby league in 2011, partners Billy Twelvetrees in midfield, while number eight Vunipola joins brother Mako in the pack.
Marland Yarde wins his second cap on the wing, while scrum-half Lee Dickson is preferred to Ben Youngs, who played for the Lions during their 2-1 series win in Australia earlier this year.
Lock Geoff Parling, flanker Tom Croft, prop Alex Corbisiero and centres Manu Tuilagi and Brad Barritt are the five English Lions players who miss out through injury.
England lost 20-14 to Australia in the same fixture last year before a 16-15 defeat by South Africa and a record 38-21 victory over New Zealand.
But at the end of a promising Six Nations campaign they saw their Grand Slam hopes dashed in a 30-3 rout by Wales at Cardiff.
While the Lions toured Australia, England won both their Tests in Argentina with a largely second-string squad that included several of the players who will start on Saturday.
Flanker Tom Wood captained England in Argentina, but will hand the armband back to open-side colleague Chris Robshaw on Saturday.
Wood, though, will provide additional leadership and help instil the required levels of performance.
"It's all about intensity and if you've got it, you've got it," said Wood. "England is your club level plus 20% and more.
"We don't have to have a kicking from the coaches or be dragged through the mud by the press before we have a reaction and say 'yeah, we're up for it'.
"We have to set our own standards. This is England and this is what we are about. The new guys have to realise that. Otherwise you lose."
Australia have won three of their 10 internationals in 2013 - one against the Lions, and two versus Argentina in a disappointing Rugby Championship campaign which saw them finish a distance third behind New Zealand and South Africa.
The Wallabies, who lost their most recent match 41-33 to New Zealand on 19 October, have brought in number eight Ben Mowen as skipper for the second time in place of James Horwill.
"I'd say this is the most focused I've seen the side, this last couple of months, from my short time being involved," said Mowen, who won his first cap in the 23-21 defeat by the Lions in June.
"The fixture is obviously very important to both sides. It usually brings the best out of Australian players so we can't wait."
Quade Cooper is back in favour at fly-half for the Wallabies under new coach Ewen McKenzie, having been left out of the Lions series by McKenzie's predecessor Robbie Deans.
"He's a box of tricks but he has a lot of control in his game as well, and has matured a lot over the last year or so," said Farrell of Cooper.
"I think he's enjoying his rugby, and that's always a threat."
England: 15-Mike Brown, 14-Chris Ashton, 13-Joel Tomkins, 12-Billy Twelvetrees, 11-Marlon Yarde, 10-Owen Farrell, 9-Lee Dickson; 1 -Maku Vunipola, 2-Tom Youngs, 3-Dan Cole, 4-Joe Launchbury, 5-Courtney Lawes, 6-Tom Wood, 7-Chris Robshaw (captain), 8-Billy Vunipola.
Replacements: 16-Dylan Hartley, 17-Joe Marler, 18-Dave Wilson, 19-Dave Attwood, 20-Ben Morgan, 21-Ben Youngs, 22-Toby Flood, 23-Ben Foden
Australia: 15-Israel Folau, 14-Adam Ashley-Cooper, 13-Tevita Kuridrani, 12-Matt Toomua, 11-Nick Cummins, 10-Quade Cooper, 9-Will Genia, 8-Ben Mowen, 7-Michael Hooper, 6-Scott Fardy, 5-James Horwill, 4-Sitaleki Timani, 3-Ben Alexander, 2-Stephen Moore, 1-James Slipper
Replacements: 16-Saia Fainga'a, 17-Benn Robinson, 18-Sekope Kepu, 19-Kane Douglas, 20-Ben McCalman, 21-Nic White, 22-Christian Leali'ifano, 23-Bernard Foley.
Standard YouTube License
- 1:39:19 Wallabies vs Wales 2013by TTRugbyVids NZ21,978 views
- 2:09:39 RU 2013 Rugby Championship New Zealand v South Africaby Roman Livonski22,942 views
- 1:46:41 Full Match - Japan vs All Blacks - November 2013 - European Tourby Unlimited Sports113,766 views
- 1:41:18 Six Nations Cup 2013: Ireland - Englandby Lelostream37,894 views
- 1:36:51 Wales vs Springboks 2013by TTRugbyVids NZ57,148 views
- 1:44:28 Rugby 1987. Semifinal. Australia v Franceby Кирилл Добычин2,971 views
- 1:33:32 All Blacks vs England 2013by TTRugbyVids NZ169,110 views
- 1:39:54 Australia 21-23 British and Irish Lions (2013 First Test)by BronxySports20,114 views
- 7:36 Rugby Union, 2003 Final Australia vs England at Sydney part 11.by Madforrugby99246 views
- 1:42:20 All Blacks V British Lions 2Nd Test 2 July 2005by fullrugbymatch65,554 views
- 1:48:42 Rugby 2007. Quarterfinal. Australia v Englandby Кирилл Добычин13,032 views
- 1:37:46 Rugby Union, 2004 Test Match, Wales vs South Africa.by Matthewjames22100631 views
- 1:37:21 Rugby Championship 2013 Australia vs New Zealand Full Match HDby Richard Willis118,783 views
- 1:53:50 Six.Nations 2013 Round 1 Italy v France Full Matchby Ragbis Fanebi27,713 views
- 1:37:08 Wallabies vs Scotland 2013by TTRugbyVids NZ13,231 views
- 1:34:06 Wallabies vs Ireland 2013by TTRugbyVids NZ26,032 views
- 1:50:44 Test Match 2012: England - South Africaby Lelostream46,121 views
- 1:41:41 The Rugby Championship 2013 New Zealand vs South Africa 14 Sept Full Matchby Richard Willis185,583 views
- 1:56:17 Mate Ma'a Tonga vs Toa Samoa Rugby League 2013 FULL GAMEby Mopes Latu72,530 views
- 1:33:22 All Blacks vs France 2013by TTRugbyVids NZ63,365 views
- Loading more suggestions...