This video is unavailable.
Mr. President: Apple Won't Listen, Will You?
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Jul 4, 2012
On June 14 2012, 19 year old Iranian-American student Sahar Sabet was discriminated against at her local Apple Store near Atlanta because of her Iranian heritage. Here is her message to President Obama. To send your own letter to Obama visit: https://secure3.convio.net/niac/site/...
Happy Independence Day Mr. President,
My name is Sahar Sabet. I am a 19-year-old Iranian-American student. Four years ago, I saw my sister vote for you, and I could not wait to be old enough to vote for change like my sister.
Mr. President, I am writing you because I was discriminated against in my hometown of Alpharetta, Georgia by an Apple employee. I was denied purchase of a birthday gift for my sister because of my Iranian heritage. I am sure you know how bad it feels, being from a multi-cultural, multi-racial upbringing yourself. You are probably one of the greatest inspirations of my generation, showing us that even in the face of such discrimination, we can and will prevail.
Mr. President, what happened to me wasn't the product of bigotry by a single person. It was the product of policies and sanctions that are hurting the ordinary Iranian people. And now Iranian- Americans are also feeling the effects of sanctions. These policies are pressuring businesses like Apple to profile us.
Mr. President, we all want change within Iran. However, as years of sanctions against Cuba have shown, these policies have only hurt the innocent Cuban people and American businesses. Similarly, all the sanctions against North Korea have not changed anything about the government, but it sure causes great suffering and pain for the people and children of that country. This is not the change we are hoping for in Iran, where my family and friends are struggling under sanctions, or here at home, where my civil rights are being violated.
Mr. President, I am asking you to ensure that your sanctions stop hurting the wrong people and your policies support human rights and civil liberties. Apple did not listen to me, Mr. President will you?
Sahar M. Sabet
Standard YouTube License
- 2:52 NIAC Research Director Reza Marashi - Al Jazeera Interview, 7/1/2012by NIACouncil 1,393 views
- 1:25:14 NIAC Panel: Experts Assess Baghdad Talksby NIACouncil 2,028 views
- 3:35 Apple, Iran Sanctions, and Discrimination: NIAC Policy Director Jamal Abdi on Al Jazeeraby NIACouncil 5,383 views
- 4:34 NIAC Research Director Reza Marashi - RT Interview, 6/12/2012by NIACouncil 459 views
- 2:48 جدیدترین وخنده دار ترین نوع ترجمهby Iran Pars 106,606 views
- 1:00 گل علی دایی به چلسیby Iran Football Magazine 42,952 views
- 5:01 Strait Answer: Iran prepares to close Hormuzby RussiaToday 54,635 views
- 22:07 'US ships available for Iran missiles'-News Analysis-07-03-2012by PressTVGlobalNews 44,398 views
- 1:55 Financial crash 2013 // Stock Market Crash 2013 // Wall Street Crash 2013by GodLoveuss 4,791 views
- 1:17:31 ۳۷ روز - شاپور بختیار / Shapour Bakhtiar - 37 Daysby manototv 155,248 views
- 1:51 Iran threatens U.S. bases in Middle Eastby CNN 20,353 views
- 4:10 'Iran independent in missile technology'by PressTVGlobalNews 14,481 views
- 0:53 هفت تیر کشیدن در برنامه زنده تلویزیون کشور اردنby farhad swiss 24,483 views
- 6:13 Iran extends missile reach, readies for key oil Hormuz Strait closureby RussiaToday 29,622 views
- 5:27 Iranians Flash Mob Against APPLE's Discriminatory - Havaarby mmshtube 33,615 views
- 1:21 Iran Tests Missiles After EU Oil Embargoby NTDTV 53,999 views
- 2:33 ادعاي آزمايش موفق موشکهاي بالستيک در رزمايش پاسدارانby IranPressNewsTube 4,146 views
- 0:53 mollah sleeping in live TV program خوابیدن در تلوزیونby helenedalvardmeire 20,262 views
- 8:21 'Iran's military power, defensive not offensive'by PressTVGlobalNews 9,880 views
- 1:21 Iran launches long-range missilesby telegraphtv 12,550 views
- Loading more suggestions...