2012 Ring Ceremony
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on May 8, 2012
Students and alumni now have the opportunity to participate in the newest tradition on campus -- the Official Maverick Ring Ceremony. Two ceremonies are held each year -- a Spring ceremony in May and a Fall ceremony in December.
The Maverick Ring Ceremony marks a special time in a Maverick's life -- when they receive their Official Maverick Ring, a lifetime symbol of their pride for The University of Texas at Arlington.
The Maverick Ring is personally given by President Jim Spaniolo.
The recipient signs the Maverick Ring Registry. After a ceremonious opening of the ring boxes, the students listen to the story of the Ring.
WHO CAN WEAR THE RING:
This unique ring is reserved exclusively for alumni and qualified undergraduates who have completed 60 credit hours and graduate students who have completed 15 hours.
Students wear the ring with the school name facing them. Upon the granting of degrees at Commencement, graduates turn the ring around, with the name facing outward. This symbolizes that the graduate is now ready to face the world.
Our mascot, Blaze the Maverick, sits between your graduation year, while underneath is the main Cooper Street bridge spanning the ring. This bridge represents the three bridges that connect both sides of campus. The official University seal is below and is touching the bridge just as it does on the sides of the main bridge over Cooper Street. The two Carlisle Cannons in battery at UT Arlington are represented and the Beveled Star underneath represents military history and reflects the current university logo.
On the other side, you'll see the Library marking the center of campus. The sidewalks on the Library Mall stand for all Mavericks coming from differentpaths in life heading towards the common goal of knowledge, represented by the Library. There are three flags on the Library Mall- the Texas state flag, the American flag and the UT Arlington flag, which also says the founding year of the university -- 1895. If you look closely, you can see a squirrel in the tree on the Library Mall for a hidden element. A Preston Hall column spans the base of the ring to represent some of the historic architecture we have on campus. And finally, if you count the three stars on the top, three stars in the University Seal, one star underneath the cannons and one star on the Texas Flag, this totals Eight Stars to represent the 8 names of the University.
Also, inside every ring is the University's motto -- Be A Maverick. This is to remind you to be a Maverick in all that you do in life as a student, and alumni, but most of all, as a lifelong ambassador for UT Arlington.
Standard YouTube License
- 1:08:12 In Pursuit Of Happinessby swami sarveshananda1,412 views
- 1:10:51 The Royal Wedding Ceremony (live HD).mpgby heberam155,524 views
- 22:03 TOM CLOSE & TRICIA WEDDING CEREMONYby kigalitoday12,927 views
- 11:15 MahaLakshmi Ashtakam - Sadana Sargamby Lalitha Garudadri951 views
- 1:28:01 Double Wedding (2010)by Elisa Bennet3,070,139 views
- 15:06 May Myat Mon's wedding ceremony in Sydney, Australiaby TheTaizones25,761 views
- 9:51 A-Hall Wild 'N Outby ducksonthemoon10,253 views
- 9:26 Hindu Funeral Ceremonyby eyesofk291,811 views
- 10:00 Graduation Video with Ring Ceremonyby Brant Jones270 views
- 15:53 Karan Bansal & Esha Khullar Ladies Sangeet and Ring Ceremony 10 Feb 2012 - Dance performances.aviby Tushar Singla64,228 views
- 9:00 Top 10 Modern Wedding Songsby WatchMojo.com1,007,032 views
- 7:11 UTA Cribs: The Dormby utashorthorn2,204 views
- 5:35 UT Arlington MACby UTArlingtonMavericks9,009 views
- 5:09 Maverick Parking Orientationby UTArlingtonMavericks5,162 views
- 4:41 2009-2010 Lakers Championship Ring Ceremony Part 2by Cody Ng48,320 views
- 4:44 2 Wedding Processionby WeddingDemos228,729 views
- 2:57 50 year old lost ring returned to original ownerby Gerry Detectors200,514 views
- 10:42 James Franco UT Arlington Commencement 2012.MOVby bambi0053,132 views
- 13:49 Wedding Day TEARS?by WatchUsLiveAndStuff735,394 views
- 14:54 Our Wedding Ceremonyby AdventuresWithAJ76,687 views
- Loading more suggestions...