'Sane in an Insane World' - Freedomain Radio Interviews Dr Dan Edmunds
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Dec 21, 2010
Noted psychotherapist Dr. Dan L. Edmunds, ED.D. offers alternatives to psychiatric drugs.
With much compassion and understanding, Dr. Edmunds has an innate ability to connect with distressed persons, aid them through challenges and seek to understand their experience. His work with autistic persons and persons undergoing extreme states of mind is unique and amazing. Dr. Edmunds is controversial and often iconoclastic as he is a critical thinker. He believes that people's experience needs to be compassionately heard rather than being readily prescribed psychiatric drugs and labeled. Dr. Edmunds has not been afraid to speak out and tackle irrationality, oppression, and injustice. From his youth, Dr. Edmunds has involved himself in struggle for human rights and the dignity of persons. He has never been one to back down when confronted with a challenge, and he does not accept things at face value, rather he has a brilliant and critical mind of reason."
Many children and families in distress are seeking alternatives to a broken system that often ignores their experience and only offers psychiatric drugs as a supposed solution. Many are looking for help where they feel they will be respected and treated with dignity and compassion. Many are looking for answers outside of a pill bottle. They do not want labels, they just want to be heard.
Dr. Dan L. Edmunds' is offering this alternative in Northeastern Pennsylvania.
Dr. D.L. Edmunds' private practice of psychotherapy for children, adolescents, and adults is located in Tunkhannock, Pennsylvania. Dr. Edmunds is one of few offering a holistic, drug free, relationship based approach that encourages self determination, autonomy, and dignity. Dr. Edmunds' work has focused on drug free approaches to attentional concerns (what is labeled Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder), relational approaches for autism/developmental differences, resolving traumatic stress, assisting troubled children and teens, and helping individuals be able to understand and manage extreme states of mind (schizophrenia, bipolar). Dr. Edmunds has developed the Northeastern Pennsylvania Autism Acceptance Project
that focuses on autonomy, understanding, tolerance, inclusion, self-determination and meaning. It is a dynamic and innovative program serving autistic and developmentally different persons in Northeastern Pennsylvania and offering support and consultation to special education departments, educators, parents, and others. In addition to his private practice of psychotherapy, Dr. Edmunds serves as a consultant to special education departments and as a psychological evaluator for various community based programs for children as well as a forensic consultant conducting assessments of individuals where psychiatric drugs caused involuntary intoxication and has led to adverse events, particularly violence and/or suicidality. He is also involved in conflict resolution and mediation. Dr. Edmunds devotes time to scholarly research of consciousness studies, Comparative Religion and the Sociology of Religion, Philosophy, and Psychology. A committed social activist, Dr. Edmunds works diligently to encourage an end to poverty and a society that is dedicated to compassion, ethics, human rights, equality, and dignity. He had been the youngest legislative aide and later registered professional lobbyist to serve in the State of Colorado. In 2006, Dr. Edmunds established the International Center for Humane Psychiatry to encourage ethics and compassion in the field of mental health and to address issues of psychiatric abuse and promote more humane and dignified approaches towards helping distressed persons. Since 2006, Dr. Edmunds has delivered workshops and lectures, conducted radio interviews, participated in rallies and protests, attended professional conferences and meetings focused on mental health, juvenile justice, and foster care reform and in promoting caring approaches for distressed individuals and meeting our children's true needs.
Standard YouTube License
Next in The Psychology Interviews - Freedomain Radio
- 59:04 Various Anxiety vs. Depressive Disordersby University of California Television (UCTV) Featured 52,795
- 1:11:11 TNS Radio - Freedomain Radio Interview 15 December 2010by Stefan Molyneux3,987 views
- 57:54 Living Free in an Unfree World: Stefan Molyneux at Libertopia 2010by Stefan Molyneux61,592 views
- 53:22 Stefan Molyneux of Freedomain Radio on the Alex Jones Showby Stefan Molyneux5,731 views
- 1:00:21 Babies, Brains, Nature and Nurture -- An Interview with Dr Stuart Shanker - Freedomain Radioby Stefan Molyneux17,896 views
- 27:21 'The Art of Choosing' - Freedomain Radio Interviews Dr Sheena Iyengarby Stefan Molyneux6,227 views
- 11:02 Philosophical Parenting: Happy Birthday Izzy!by Stefan Molyneux4,375 views
- 6:37 The Story of Our Unenslavementby Stefan Molyneux102,159 views
- 63 videos Play all Stefan Molyneuxby johnqglass
- 20:32 Despairby Stefan Molyneux12,032 views
- 22:34 Faith, Virtue, Christianity - A Philosopher Respondsby Stefan Molyneux12,806 views
- 11:05 The Idiocy of Politicsby Stefan Molyneux17,188 views
- 14:15 The Truth About Wikileaksby Stefan Molyneux125,446 views
- 9:03 The Rally to Restore Sanity?by Stefan Molyneux9,727 views
- 4:14 We are not born small...by Stefan Molyneux13,204 views
- 21:22 Bill Gates, Sam Harris and the Superstition of State Educationby Stefan Molyneux23,509 views
- 15:38 Shaking your ass for freedom...by Stefan Molyneux9,549 views
- 3:43:35 Slavery And The Making Of Americaby Luminary_Aurora22,188 views
- 13:03 True News: Wikileaks - The Hammer Comes Downby Stefan Molyneux15,681 views