Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Dec 10, 2012
[Feliz Cumpleaños Daniel]
"Music brings a warm glow to my vision, thawing mind and muscle from their endless wintering."
Anime: Genius Party, The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya, The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya (2009)
Audio: Its Yours (Original Mix) by Mat Zo, Halo ft. Melissa Loretta by Omnia, (Original Mix), Black Is The New Yellow ft. Anton Sonin (Original Mix) by Super8 & Tab, Song for Sharma (Grant Nelson Remix) by Soul Central, Love Is Not Enough ft. Zoë Johnston (Kaskade Remix) by Above & Beyond, Chrono Trigger (Brink of Time Mix) by Yasunori Mitsuda
Premiere: December 11, 2012
I had 3 projects sitting on my laptop at the beginning of the year one was Uneducated Guess 2 which is well technically this only back then all I had was Genius Party and two songs in essence just something I wanted to do but not yet, Second was a project with The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya set to Super8 & Tab's Black is the New Yellow and that was about 40 seconds in, and third was a mix of Chrono Trigger scenes and well tracks from the Brink of Time Arrangement Album yet they were overshadowed by my harsh work hours not to mention the time when I actually got motivated to edit I forced myself to work on this year's Birthday Series.
... Yet I set out with a focus on synching and what I refer to as Gimmicky Synching and so the first one I made was Happy Machine Just let me get off my chest I had many ideas for effects and others but as always I never go through with it I'm just no good with effects I'll go down as that guy who never learned proper FX anyway this time things were going smooth and it was looking good I was going to have a solid entry IMO on time and kill two... no three birds with one stone and so all went well
- Genius Party (Atsuko Fukushima) - God the song for this changed so much over production but when I finally set out on it I had some trouble balancing both footages... almost with all of them I tried using mainly pops and let the footage do the talking though in an effort to have it make some sense to people who don't follow Haruhi I tried using scenes from Endless Eight to give it a sense of direction.
- Shanghai Dragon (Shoji Kawamori) - This was second to last to be finished and It's not too hard to notice that I had no clue what to do with it... the only thing I had certain was the last 30 seconds or so the whole Windows '95 synching and the repeated short clips other than that the 30 second stream of transitions to give it a slow atmospheric feel and some improvising synch's to make this.
- Limit Cycle (Hideki Futamura) - Seeing as how this song was the only to take this whole ride I wanted to do it justice and Limit Cycle is nothing short of breath-taking so for this I decided to have it overshadow Haruhi and so I used mostly sped up clips a couple of masks to hide certain things and that's it to be fair Limit Cycle practically edits itself seriously play it sped up and listen to House you've got a snazzy AMV right there.
- Happy Machine (Masaaki Yuasa) - I love this one it works well IMO the repeated transitions and the Triple Image work well with this since it's not obscenely fast-paced it just looks so... idk Fun to me the problem was since in the last one I mostly Ignored Haruhi here I had to add more as it lead to the last segment... Originally instead of the Square Triple Screen you see nowadays I wanted to use Manga Strips I even shopped a couple but in the end I went the simple route.
- Baby Blue (Shinichiro Watanabe) - To be honest it wasn't till I heard Love is Not Enough that I was even sure this could happen I needed something that could convey the beauty of Baby Blue and Kyon's inner battle while reverting to a faster pace afterwards this song is the reason the merging of all 3 seemed possible to me without it this probably would never have been finished, Though I struggled with this one I couldn't use as much Baby Blue as I initially planned to and even then the whole Asakura stabbing fever and the ending seem very rushed kinda ironic my favorite GP Segment was the one I used least.
21 Minus Twelve and a Quarter Equals Overjoy
Standard YouTube License
- Buy "Love Is Not Enough (Kaskade Remix)" on
Above & Beyond
- 3:22 √Bestamvsofalltime ▪ Title Goes Here AMVby BestMiscOfAllTime Featured 211,611
- 24:33 The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Episode 5 English Dubby MrTeagsta3,729 views
- 5:18 Accursed Memories [AMV]by pillsbury1513,170 views
- 4:21 World's Best Computer Hacker - Yuki Nagatoby Dakrith10,843 views
- 3:23 Bakemonogatari AMV - Tigerlilyby radika48514,611 views
- 6:07 Yuki and Kyon Scene 涼宮ハルヒの消失 english subsby 朝倉 由美1,544 views
- 4:46 4+½=:) [AMV]by pillsbury151,401 views
- 8 videos Play all Mat Zoby ChappoIan
- 4:05 Arising Ashes [AMV]by pillsbury15337 views
- 8:40 Top 10 Anime Powers We Wish Were Realby WatchMojo.com480,678 views
- 2:43:16 The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya ENGLISH DUBby welcomehomemaster2,720,907 views
- 4:31 AMV - The Ballad of a Dogby Benjamin Hart2,147 views
- 21:49 (BTDubs Inc.) The Flubs of Haruhi Suzumiya PART Iby BTDubsInc313 views
- 3:36 Rejection Theory [AMV]by pillsbury151,941 views
- 4:32 [Mirai Nikki/Future diary]Yuno x Yuki-Yellowby EuphyVR1,505 views
- 3:36 Rejection Theory Final [AMV]by pillsbury15231 views
- 6:26 SOS Brigade goes to battleby brandon9070458,107 views
- 3:16 Our Big Score [AMV]by pillsbury15252 views
- 7:51 The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya English Dub: "Kyon's Choice" (HD)by MultiAnimeShows27,554 views
- 5:22 Yuki Nagato - Britney Spears Mega Mix. AMV.by Yuki Nagato315 views