girl (5) swims with sharks
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Jun 20, 2012
This was a trip with Power Boat Adventures off of Nassau Bahamas. It was awesome! The lunch they fed us was the best, plus they had an open bar! (One always likes to drink before swimming with sharks, no?) There has been no attacks, and they have been doing it for 20 years. We swam with Reef, Lemon, and Nurse sharks, all very low on the aggression index, yet still very thrilling! Put it on your bucket list!
UPDATE: I have disabled commenting on this video. Many of you thought the video was a great experience, and understood the low risk. But the comments got too off topic and I didn't feel like keeping up with them. If you were greatly concerned about our daughter's well-being, I appreciate it. If you thought it was amazing, thanks! Either way, you can feel free to send me a message!
She was safe the whole time, experts agree. These were not great white, tiger or bull sharks. Also, we were both WITH Anaia the whole time, and by the time we were in the water, the shark's behavior was completely different than the beginning of the video. (you will notice if you look carefully) Plus, they don't feed the sharks when people are swimming, so the sharks don't have an association with swimmers and food. This was with a tour of about 40 people, including one other child. (NOT the first kids to do this, by any means.) They've done it 20 years with NO incidents. These sharks are not known to attack, and if you think all sharks are equal, please think of the difference between a Doberman and a Pomeranian... :)
And apparently you can swim with these guys at some Disney ride!
The media has naturally spun this out of control. We never meant for this to "go viral". Our interview was over 30 minutes, and they only took the clips that would sensationalize it. We have been criticized to be overly cautious parents by those who know us, believe it or not. We kept her rear-facing in her car-seat until she was three, she is not allowed to approach a dog she doesn't know, I never let her run ahead of me in the parking lot, she will be driven to school...etc.
Standard YouTube License
- 12:07 Jonathan Bird's Blue World: Tiger Sharksby BlueWorldTV Featured 115,688
- 48:40 Great White Shark Living Legend BBC Documentary 2013by TRIDIB barua171,786 views
- 2:27 Shark Week - Killer Sharks | Viciously Attackedby Discovery7,730,637 views
- 47:04 Megalodon Giant Shark(full documentary)HDby Nature + Science Documentaries2,092,835 views
- 2:10 Great White Invasion - Paddling With a Sharkby Discovery3,347,628 views
- 44:48 In Search of Mexico's 60-foot Black Demon Shark (Documentary)by EsotericHaven1,134,115 views
- 4:28 Killer Sharks vs. Killer Whalesby ABC News702,910 views
- 5:32 Bethany Hamilton: Shark Attack--The Real Storyby Ayanna Murray3,319,452 views
- 1:40 !!MONSTER SHARK BITES GREAT WHITE IN HALF!!by SHARKSANDCREATURES14,405,118 views
- 2:38 The Nightmarish Megalodon | Sharkzilla -- Shark Week 2012by Discovery2,298,647 views
- 1:51 Shark Attack - Shark Rips Fish from Kayaker's Handby KayakFishingTales1,480,513 views
- 2:24 WINGSUIT RACING - Human Flight at 140mph!by devinsupertramp2,952,943 views
- 1:37 Swimming With a Great White Shark - Swimming With Monstersby Discovery TV45,335 views
- 1:24 Massive Mako Shark Surprises Diver and Blue Marlin!by DrGuyHarvey3,327,254 views
- 0:59 Killer sharks invade... golf course in Australiaby RT3,416,938 views
- 2:21 Sharks attack people Dolphins Defendby DivingAccidents3,682,784 views
- 2:10 18+ Ft Great White Shark Stalks Boat on video (part 1)by Matthew Garrett10,039,312 views
- 1:02 GREAT WHITE SHARK FEEDS ON WHALEby Animal Wire199,943 views
- 7:04 Swimming with Whale Sharksby Becky Kagan Schott72,233 views
- 4:02 Nature's Perfect Predator - Great White Sharkby Discovery TV517,386 views
- Loading more suggestions...