girl (5) swims with sharks
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Jun 20, 2012
This was a trip with Power Boat Adventures off of Nassau Bahamas. It was awesome! The lunch they fed us was the best, plus they had an open bar! (One always likes to drink before swimming with sharks, no?) There has been no attacks, and they have been doing it for 20 years. We swam with Reef, Lemon, and Nurse sharks, all very low on the aggression index, yet still very thrilling! Put it on your bucket list!
UPDATE: I have disabled commenting on this video. Many of you thought the video was a great experience, and understood the low risk. But the comments got too off topic and I didn't feel like keeping up with them. If you were greatly concerned about our daughter's well-being, I appreciate it. If you thought it was amazing, thanks! Either way, you can feel free to send me a message!
She was safe the whole time, experts agree. These were not great white, tiger or bull sharks. Also, we were both WITH Anaia the whole time, and by the time we were in the water, the shark's behavior was completely different than the beginning of the video. (you will notice if you look carefully) Plus, they don't feed the sharks when people are swimming, so the sharks don't have an association with swimmers and food. This was with a tour of about 40 people, including one other child. (NOT the first kids to do this, by any means.) They've done it 20 years with NO incidents. These sharks are not known to attack, and if you think all sharks are equal, please think of the difference between a Doberman and a Pomeranian... :)
And apparently you can swim with these guys at some Disney ride!
The media has naturally spun this out of control. We never meant for this to "go viral". Our interview was over 30 minutes, and they only took the clips that would sensationalize it. We have been criticized to be overly cautious parents by those who know us, believe it or not. We kept her rear-facing in her car-seat until she was three, she is not allowed to approach a dog she doesn't know, I never let her run ahead of me in the parking lot, she will be driven to school...etc.
Standard YouTube License
- 1:24 Massive Mako Shark Surprises Diver and Blue Marlin!by DrGuyHarvey's channelFeatured 2,738,066
- 6:12 13ft. Tiger Shark at Haleiwa, Oahu 6/9/12by 808divebomber's channel 1,452,615 views
- 1:40 !!MONSTER SHARK BITES GREAT WHITE IN HALF!!by SHARKSANDCREATURES 10,719,373 views
- 2:01 Shark Whisperer: Woman Swims With Great Whites in Perfect Harmonyby ABC News 71,702 views
- 1:30 Prehistoric shark captured on filmby Rob Dan 7,935,165 views
- 2:10 18+ Ft Great White Shark Stalks Boat on video (part 1)by Matthew Garrett 7,989,068 views
- 3:44 Shark Attack!by National Geographic 1,295,851 views
- 1:45 Ferocious WHITE SHARK Fast Killing Machineby MOtherNATuReChaNNEL's channel 25,604,233 views
- 5:23 Shark attacks boy while fishingby The Bird Nest 1,909,638 views
- 1:09 Moment shark tank bursts in China shopping centreby The Telegraph 181,504 views
- 1:51 Crazy Shark Attack North Queenslandby Anthony Whyte 2,900,821 views
- 2:46 Shark vs. Octopusby National Geographic 415,308 views
- 1:23 Sharks Attacking Dead Whale on Australian Beachby BXhanNews 51,706 views
- 2:15 Evidence that great white sharks are peaceful creaturesby daboing 909,416 views
- 3:18 Surfing Shark Attack with Two Great White Sharks (4.5 meters) - www.2besaved.comby kasurfer 5,672,779 views
- 0:35 Giant shark off San Diego shoreby CBS Television 3,078,708 views
- 2:34 Baby Great White Shark Rescued in Venice Beachby ELVIAVANES 527,610 views
- 1:27 Lego Shark Attackby Michael Hickox 8,277,296 views
- 1:06 Shark Attack 3: Megalodonby Jon Harvey 39,819,181 views
- 12:07 Jonathan Bird's Blue World: Tiger Sharksby BlueWorldTV 50,654 views
- Loading more suggestions...