Don Tapscott: Rethinking Civilization for the Social Age SXSW 2012
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on May 14, 2012
Don Tapscott opens SXSW Interactive 2012 with his presentation, Rethinking Civilization for the Social Age.
Don discusses how changes in technology, demographics, business and society are moving us into a new period of human history calling for the rebuilding of institutions that have served us for decades.
Don is one of the world's leading authorities on innovation, media, and the economic and social impact of technology and advises business and government leaders around the world. In 2011 Don was named one of the world's most influential management thinkers by Thinkers50. He has authored or co-authored 14 widely read books including the 1992 best seller Paradigm Shift. His 1995 hit The Digital Economy changed thinking around the world about the transformational nature of the Internet and two years later he defined the Net Generation and the "digital divide" in Growing Up Digital. His 2000 work, Digital Capital, introduced seminal ideas like "the business web" and was described by BusinessWeek as "pure enlightenment." Wikinomics: How Mass Collaboration Changes Everything was the best selling management book in 2007 and translated into over 25 languages.
The Economist called his newest work Macrowikinomics: New Solutions for a Connected Planet a "Schumpeterian story of creative destruction" and the Huffington Post said the book is "nothing less than a game plan to fix a broken world." Over 30 years he has introduced many ground-breaking concepts that are part of contemporary understanding. It is hard to think of a more prolific or influential thinker today. His work continues as a the Chairman of Moxie Insight, a member of World Economic Forum and as an Adjunct Professor of Management for the Rotman School of Management at the University of Toronto. In 2011, Don placed in the top ten of the Thinkers50 list of the world's most influential management thinkers.
- 39:40 Music Industry Profile: Artist Manager Delante Murphyby Artists House MusicFeatured 1,189
- 1:15:51 Don Tapscott on Gov 2.0 with the U.S. State Deptby dontapscottgroup 1,102 views
- 1:02:28 The Innovators Forum: Don Tapscottby CarnegieMellonU 685 views
- 1:30:42 Don Tapscott - Macrowikinomics: Social Sciences and Social Change in the Age of Social Mediaby FedCanada 927 views
- 15:39 Three Principles for a New Wall Street: Don Tapscott at TEDxWallStreetby TEDxTalks 2,626 views
- 26:43 Don Tapscott "Growing up Digital"by AllanGregg 23,648 views
- 1:01:33 Lectures in Entrepreneurship: Norman Bodekby huntsmanschool 930 views
- 10:33 Don Tapscott on mass collaboration economist.com/videoby EconomistMagazine 2,312 views
- 1:09:55 Don Tapscott Opening Keynote | Follett Software's New Leaf in Learningby FollettSoftware 733 views
- 3:04 SXSW Interactive 2012by dutchcowgirls 693 views
- 17:51 Don Tapscott: Four principles for the open worldby TEDTalks 56,243 views
- 49:27 SXSW Interactive 2012 - Don't Build A Power Glove, Talk To Your Usersby EffectiveUI 203 views
- 9:53 Are you past oriented or future oriented.by RayOfLight1968 278,033 views
- 2:02:12 Sting - Live In Berlin HD 2010by matke032 56,380 views
- 20:56 TEDxToronto - Don Tapscott - 9/10/09by TEDxTalks 7,604 views
- 1:25:33 Dean's Convocation: Norm Bodekby huntsmanschool 401 views
- 59:58 Macrowikinomics: Rethinking Civilization for an Age of Networked Intelligenceby The Aspen Institute 998 views
- 6:43 Big Think Interview With Don Tapscottby bigthink 187 views
- 2:41 A look ahead to Bader Rutter at SXSW Interactiveby baderrutter 144 views
- 17:34 Denis Dutton: A Darwinian theory of beautyby TEDTalks 350,986 views
- Loading more suggestions...