- Music - New Music Seminar, 2012 - TWiMusic #45
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Jul 26, 2012
This week's episode features the giants of online music marketing: Ime Archibong, Platform Partnerships Manager, Facebook, Cameo Carlson, Head of Digital Business Development, Borman Entertainment, Michael Doernberg, CEO & Founder, ReverbNation, Julien Mittleberg, Co-founder of Cellfish, Julie Perry, VP, Social Media Director, BLASTmedia, J Sider, CEO, BandPage, Jordan Walker, US Label & Artist Relations, Spotify, and, of course, your host and CEO of TopSpin Media, Ian Rogers. Recorded at the New Music Seminar in NYC, this superstar panel discusses the do-and-don'ts for bands expanding their online presence.
Listen to Ian's favorite tracks exclusively on MOG at http://bit.ly/ianplaylist
Special thanks also goes to:
David Smoler, Camera
Jessica Chermayeff and Ana Veselic, NMS Producers
0:00 - Intro
0:30 - Ime Archibong, Strategic Manager at Facebook. How Facebook helps users discover music.
2:10 - Measuring Facebook's music success.
3:30 - Jordan Walker, Artist/Label Relations at Spotify. The goals of Spotify and partnering with Facebook.
6:40 - J Sider, CEO of BandPage. How BandPage uses Facebook.
9:50 - Michael Doernberg , CEO and Founder of ReverbNation. How ReverbNation leverages Facebook. "Be where the fans are. The fans are on facebook." The impact of the timeline.
14:00 - Julien Mitelberg, CEO of Bandsintown & COO and co-founder of Cellfish. Selling tickets with Facebook and mobile phones.
16:30 - Cameo Carlson, Head of Digital Business Development, Borman Entertainment. Balancing Facebook with other social sites.
20:55 - Julie Perry, VP, Social Media Director at BLASTmedia. Building brands with YouTube and others.
24:50 - Thank you MOG for being our sponsor! Follow MOG on twitter @mogdotcom. Tell us what you're listening too.
29:00 - Cameo's advice for artists on leveraging social networks.
31:50 - Michael discusses creating a product.
34:00 - J - "You gotta hustle! YouTube and Google Ads are the new posters and fliers." Using social networks correctly.
36:00 - Julien new products from Bandsintown to help bands connect.
37:20 - Ime, the new gatekeepers between artists and fans.
41:00 - How to utilize Facebook to connect with and inform fans: punctuality, consistency, and tracking.
43:50 - The quality of the post matters.
45:57 Thank you Sonos for being our sponsor! Follow Sonos on twitter @sonos. Follow and tweet your earliest musical memory to @sonos and @twimusik to enter to win a Sonos system. Hurry! Contest ends July 31st, 2012.
49:00 - Spotify's plans to help leverage artists for discovery. The power of playlists.
52:00 - Controlling developing and successful artists by maintaining an organic relationship with fans.
54:10 - Using Search Engine Optimization and Google+. "Use anything to help the search algorithms."
55:20 - Engagement is a wild web.
56:00 - Facebook is still the #1 social network even for artists.
57:20 - Beware of your social "noise" level when promoting your music.
1:00:50 - How Spotify monitors users activity.
1:02:54 - Questions from the audience: Julien, posting manually versus through Bandsintown. Lil' Wayne as an example.
1:05:10 - Authenticity of a post mattes to SEO. "The engagement is what matters."
1:07:34 - Where does tumblr fit in?
1:08:40 - Will Facebook lift the 5000 friends limit? Friends versus Subscribers.
1:11:10 - Is there a sweet spot for frequency in posting?
1:15:55 - How migrate your fans on Facebook. Spotify can help.
1:17:40 - How Vimeo compares to YouTube. "Don't set up profiles that you abandon."
1:18:50 - Outro
Next in - Music: Season 2 Episodes
- 34:22 - Music - D.A. Wallach of Chester French - TWiMusic #40by ThisWeekIn 1,787 views
- 46:31 - Startups - Adi Sideman of YouNow - TWiST #275by ThisWeekIn 2,230 views
- 53:52 This Week In Music - Facebook f8 and Spotifyby ThisWeekIn 3,145 views
- 2:12:54 2007 Berklee Music Business Seminarby Artists House Music 277 views
- 31:50 Music business 101: Real Adviceby Kamal Imani 31,191 views
- 6:22:58 6 Hour Classical Music Playlist by JaBig: Beautiful Piano Mix for Studying, Homework, Essay Writingby JaBig 4,213,972 views
- 2:35:01 Background Music Instrumentals - relaxdaily - B-Sides N°1by relaxdaily 10,329,793 views
- 45:10 - Startups - James Siminoff of Edison Jr./POP - TWiST #277by ThisWeekIn 2,417 views
- 41:33 - Music - Scott Vener, Music Curator - TWiMusic #42by ThisWeekIn 2,114 views
- 56:52 1 Hour Special - Epic Music Collection V - Best Ofby Gloriae Templum 3,224,410 views
- 35:05 Oriflame Directors' Seminar 2012by oriflamegreece 1,398 views
- 36:51 - Startups - SendGrid Startup of the Week #4 - William Sacks and Katherine Bicknell of Kindaraby ThisWeekIn 2,485 views
- 1:37:54 LOVE SONGS 80's & 90'sby Monghe peralta 13,594,220 views
- 12:54 Mayrhofen Austria Business Seminar (Amway)by Игорь Евдокимов 448 views
- 20:01 An Interview With Randy Suarez: Strategic Marketing Mgr. for Universal Music Group Latinoby Artists House Music 190 views
- 37:48 Mike King - Online Music Marketing - Berkleemusic Open Houseby Berkleemusic 7,941 views
- 5:58 Music Marketing - Search Engine Optimization - SEOby TalkMusicBiz 3,847 views
- 14:13 What Seth Godin Can Teach The Music Industry - Part 1by Ariel Publicity & Cyber PR® 11,299 views
- 2:05:17 Best Dubstep mix 2012 (New Free Download Songs, 2 Hours, Complete playlist, High audio quality)by Henrich Winside Achberger 10,810,535 views