Rep. Steve King Says Multicultural College Groups Feel Sorry for Themselves
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Aug 21, 2012
At a recent town hall in Le Mars, IA, Rep. Steve King said that multicultural groups on college campuses "feel sorry for themselves" and promote victimization. Rep. King also said that these so-called "victims' groups" have roots in communism.
I went to give a speech down at Iowa State's campus some years ago and I thought "Well, I should go look and see what's going on" and so I went to the Iowa State website and I just--because of the subject matter of the--well, it was a debate, not a speech--because of the subject matter, I typed in "multicultural" and it came back to me, at the time, 59 different multicultural groups listed to operate on campus at Iowa State. It started with Asians and it ended with Zeitgeist, so from A to Z, and most of them were victims' groups, victimology, people that feel sorry for themselves and they're out there recruiting our young people to be part of the group that feels sorry for themselves.
So, just imagine this--I mean, it's already started there--that campus is about as good as you're gonna get for a regents institution and it is an engineering and ag school, and that matches me really well. But think of 59 card tables set up across the parking lot on the way to the dorm and you go off to college, your eyes are wide, you've just been out of high school, you've had your first summer of really no responsibility fun, perhaps, and you pick up your bags and your luggage and you walk across that parking lot, and the first group says "Well, you're a victim that fits us. We want to help you. Why don't you join us?" And then the next one, and the next one, and the next one. You're probably going to join one of those groups or more of them before you get to Zeitgeist. And then, you're brought into a group of people that are--have a grievance against society rather than understand there's a tremendous blessing in this society.
I sat down and read through--I haven't had the privilege to read all of David Horowitz's books, but I know him, I count him as a friend, and I've read some of them. I sat down once, and it took me a week to go through it, and I read all the writings, I could find anyway, of Antonio Gramsci, and he was the President of the Italian...the Communist Party in Italy, from 1919 until 1926--famous for writing "Prison Notebook," but many others. He was really the father of multiculturalism. So, he made the argument that Karl Marx was right in his broader theory, but wrong in the details, that the proletariats [sic] would never rise up against the bourgeoisie, effectively because they needed the bourgeoisie for their jobs--that being, of course, the working man versus the investment class. And so, he said they needed to be--find victims' groups, and then that way they could have a common sense of being victimized, they would have a stronger resistance towards the establishment, and then you could bundle-up these victims' groups, and they, together, could overthrow the establishment.
That was Gramsci's, and he was the original founder of this, and then Alinsky figured out--Gramsci--now, let's see--Marx wrote the manifesto, Gramsci came with the multiculturalism victimology and he--if you read him, he's actually brilliant, if you can put yourself in the mindset of the other side--and then Alinsky came along and said here's the tactics we're gonna use. That's the sequence that we're faced with in this country, and that's what I'd like to have every college student know before they arrive. Of course, we've got a ways to go.
Standard YouTube License
- 2:54 Andrew Klavan: Multiculturalism Explainedby PJ Media Featured 169,644
- 51:29 1957 Billy Graham ● New York Crusade (The Service)by Aron Macedo95,924 views
- 16:17 Japan battles rising tide of Chinese illegal immigrantsby Journeyman Pictures7,623 views
- 8:57 Lawrence O'Donnell Humiliates Rep Steve King on The Last Word: How Ignorant Are Republicans?by SocialistLiberal60,711 views
- 14:46 Multiculturalism Fail - Non-White Panel Dictating British Identity Narrativeby English Attitude12,962 views
- 7:54 BBC Daily Politics: Douglas Murray on multiculturalismby CentreSocialCohesion5,758 views
- 8:38 Post Election: Conservative Media Hot Air (TJDS)by Townsquare11,756 views
- 8:55 'Drug Mule' Racist Republican Steve King Really Hates Mexicans, Immigrants!by politicalarticles1,140 views
- 8:38 GOP's Steve King: Latino Immigrants are 'Dogs,' 'Livestock' & Drug Smugglers!by politicalarticles2,588 views
- 9:35 Wolf Blitzer Repeatedly Grills Rep. Steve King About Controversial Immigration Commentsby Den Havoc3,069 views
- 6:33 Rep. Steve King Schools Colbert and Democrats on American Workersby Stand With Arizona10,252 views
- 5:54 Racist, Republican Congressman Steve King(Iowa) Compares Immigrants To DOGS!by politicalarticles2,766 views
- 10:09 Iowa Republican Steve King is The New 'Dog-Face' of GOP Anti-Immigrant Extremismby politicalarticles825 views
- 11:26 'Muslims are the problem, not multiculturalism'by RT100,971 views
- 4:31 President Obama Mourns the Death of Nelson Mandelaby WSJDigitalNetwork38,558 views
- 16:17 The Jimmy Dore Show - Episode 1by Townsquare15,684 views
- 5:42 Papantonio: White Supremacist Own the New GOPby Ring of Fire Radio9,640 views
- 5:13 Immigration Reform: Steve King (R-IA) & GOP House Bigots vs. Senate 'Gang of 8'by politicalarticles1,809 views
- 17:48 Britain's Mean Streets - Immigrant life in the UKby Journeyman Pictures54,796 views
- 4:29 Obama Speaks On Nelson Mandela's Deathby The Daily Conversation40,295 views
- Loading more suggestions...