This video is unavailable.
Rep. Steve King Says Multicultural College Groups Feel Sorry for Themselves
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Aug 21, 2012
At a recent town hall in Le Mars, IA, Rep. Steve King said that multicultural groups on college campuses "feel sorry for themselves" and promote victimization. Rep. King also said that these so-called "victims' groups" have roots in communism.
I went to give a speech down at Iowa State's campus some years ago and I thought "Well, I should go look and see what's going on" and so I went to the Iowa State website and I just--because of the subject matter of the--well, it was a debate, not a speech--because of the subject matter, I typed in "multicultural" and it came back to me, at the time, 59 different multicultural groups listed to operate on campus at Iowa State. It started with Asians and it ended with Zeitgeist, so from A to Z, and most of them were victims' groups, victimology, people that feel sorry for themselves and they're out there recruiting our young people to be part of the group that feels sorry for themselves.
So, just imagine this--I mean, it's already started there--that campus is about as good as you're gonna get for a regents institution and it is an engineering and ag school, and that matches me really well. But think of 59 card tables set up across the parking lot on the way to the dorm and you go off to college, your eyes are wide, you've just been out of high school, you've had your first summer of really no responsibility fun, perhaps, and you pick up your bags and your luggage and you walk across that parking lot, and the first group says "Well, you're a victim that fits us. We want to help you. Why don't you join us?" And then the next one, and the next one, and the next one. You're probably going to join one of those groups or more of them before you get to Zeitgeist. And then, you're brought into a group of people that are--have a grievance against society rather than understand there's a tremendous blessing in this society.
I sat down and read through--I haven't had the privilege to read all of David Horowitz's books, but I know him, I count him as a friend, and I've read some of them. I sat down once, and it took me a week to go through it, and I read all the writings, I could find anyway, of Antonio Gramsci, and he was the President of the Italian...the Communist Party in Italy, from 1919 until 1926--famous for writing "Prison Notebook," but many others. He was really the father of multiculturalism. So, he made the argument that Karl Marx was right in his broader theory, but wrong in the details, that the proletariats [sic] would never rise up against the bourgeoisie, effectively because they needed the bourgeoisie for their jobs--that being, of course, the working man versus the investment class. And so, he said they needed to be--find victims' groups, and then that way they could have a common sense of being victimized, they would have a stronger resistance towards the establishment, and then you could bundle-up these victims' groups, and they, together, could overthrow the establishment.
That was Gramsci's, and he was the original founder of this, and then Alinsky figured out--Gramsci--now, let's see--Marx wrote the manifesto, Gramsci came with the multiculturalism victimology and he--if you read him, he's actually brilliant, if you can put yourself in the mindset of the other side--and then Alinsky came along and said here's the tactics we're gonna use. That's the sequence that we're faced with in this country, and that's what I'd like to have every college student know before they arrive. Of course, we've got a ways to go.
Standard YouTube License
- 1:06:32 Dan Savage vs. Brian Brown: The Dinner Table Debateby DinnerTableDebateFeatured 247,310
- 51:29 1957 Billy Graham ● New York Crusade (The Service)by Aron Macedo 48,070 views
- 7:49 The Fraud of Multiculturalismby GalneGunnarTV 81,168 views
- 0:46 presentador gay c asuta con una cucarachaby mininoperfect 401,866 views
- 20:19 Michael D vs Michael Graham Full Interviewby Newstalk106108fm 12,947 views
- 5:42 Papantonio: White Supremacist Own the New GOPby golefttv 9,403 views
- 31:51 Press Conference with President of Ireland and President of the European Parliamentby Áras an Uachtaráin 1,611 views
- 0:46 Rep. Steve King Piles On Bachmann's Anti-Muslim Witch-Huntby CREDO SuperPAC 6,054 views
- 1:03:56 BBC Debate: Should Britain get rid of Multiculturalism?by Abdullah al Andalusi 158,699 views
- 0:22 Paul Ryan - Mother's health exception to abortion is "Mack truck" sized loopholeby jecarter4 5,294 views
- 9:31 Tim Wise: On White Privilege (Clip)by ChallengingMedia 715,354 views
- 5:39 IA04; 8.3.12; Steve King; MSNBC Hardball: Steve King's Commentsby IA04RawFootage 1,617 views
- 0:47 Crazy Texas Anti-Obama Judgeby ThinkProgress TP 33,355 views
- 2:00:26 Zeitgeist: The Movie - by Peter Joseph ( Full Film )by ZeitgeistMovie 656,287 views
- 28:57 Michael D Higgins addresses the European Parliamentby Thejournalvideo 15,518 views
- 2:45 Mario on Tonight with Vincent Brown with Michael D & Martin McGuinnessby Mario Rosenstock 54,485 views
- 6:33 Rep. Steve King Schools Colbert and Democrats on American Workersby StandWithAZ 9,921 views
- 4:21 Michael D. Higgins v Michael Grahamby Anti Koch 1,910 views
- 4:21 LOL! Irish President DESTROYS Sarah Palin & Tea Party Pundit, Michael Grahamby PlanetEarth Trimtab 6,219 views
- 4:11 LOOK AT YOURSELF AFTER WATCHING THIS.mp4by harrish0789 38,169,152 views
- Loading more suggestions...