Spiritual Poetry: Tao Te Ching, Lao Tzu ~ chapter 4 (Meditation about the Mystery of Tao.)
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Jul 29, 2011
Voice: Lisa Gerrard
Title: Come Tenderness
Album: Silver Tree (2007)
Lisa Gerrard (born April 12, 1961) is an Australian singer, musician and composer who started out and became famous as part of the music group Dead Can Dance with English former partner
Gerrard is best known for her typical, haunting and deep contralto voice. Her career began in 1981 and she has been involved in a wide range of projects. Gerrard received a Golden Globe award
and an Academy Award nomination for the score for the 2000 film Gladiator on which she collaborated with Hans Zimmer.
Lisa Gerrard's lyrics have no language known to man. However, we all -feel- the meaning. (Remember, perhaps true intelligence is when we think with our hearts, not our minds.)
Lisa Gerrard uses her own "language" or glosalalia, similar to what young children use to talk or sing. At least this is how LG has described her process in many interviews. My impression is that
she finds doing this doesn't hamper the listener's ability to add their own experience with the song itself -- words get in the way, kind of like now, for example.
LAO TZU, (Lao-Tsu, Laotze, Lao Zi, Laocius, and other variations), was a mystic philosopher of ancient China, and best known as the author of the Tao Te Ching. His association with the Tao Te
Ching has led him to be traditionally considered the founder of Taoism (also spelled "Daoism"). He is also revered as a deity in most religious forms of the Taoist religion, which often refers to
Laozi as Taishang Laojun, or "One of the Three Pure Ones". Laozi translated literally from Chinese means "old master" or "old one", and is generally considered honorific.
According to Chinese tradition, Laozi lived in the 6th century BC: 604 -- 517 BC.
Historians variously contend that Laozi is a synthesis of multiple historical figures, that he is a mythical figure, or that he actually lived in the 4th century BC, concurrent with the Hundred Schools
of Thought and Warring States Period.
From my blog:
There are several translations of the Tao Te Ching. I chose J. H. McDonald's translation (1996).
Website Tao Te Ching:
The Tao is like an empty container:
it can never be emptied and can never be filled.
Infinitely deep, it is the source of all things.
It dulls the sharp, unties the knotted,
shades the lighted, and unites all of creation with dust.
It is hidden but always present.
I don't know who gave birth to it.
It is older than the concept of God.
More uploads with chapters from the Tao Te Ching will follow....
In the video I used some parts from the film: "Samsara" (2001)
The movie on imdb:
Also parts from:
Beautiful Nature Scenery (1080p HD)
At the end of the video you can watch cranes, flying. Cranes have in many countries a very beautiful meaning, they are akind of a messenger.
According to tradition, the Chinese "heavenly cranes' (tian-he) or 'blessed cranes' (xian-he) are messengers of wisdom, the legendary Taoist wisdom that was transported on the back of a crane.
Standard YouTube License
- Buy "Come Tenderness" on
- 4:14 Karunamayuni Kadavari Pilupu - S P BalaSubramanyam - Telugu Christian Songby Telugu Christian MusicFeatured 9,150
- 1:04:36 tao te ching - lao tséby plumaypapel's channel 13,666 views
- 55:03 Alan Watts - Lao Tzu's Tao Te Chingby ThisFaIseReaIity 4,003 views
- 14:04 Tao Te Chingby OneWorldWithin 43,959 views
- 6:23 Spiritual Poetry: Tao Te Ching, Lao Tzu ~ chapter 1 (Meditation about Tao)by Multerland 8,177 views
- 6:05 Tao te Ching (pt.1)by Global Illumination Council 395,576 views
- 52:28 Alan Watts - Lao Tzu's Tao Te Chingby Scan is running... 38,290 views
- 3:12 The Tao Te Ching - Part 1 - Ch. 1 & 2by KteefRomman 6,349 views
- 2:13:11 Dr Alan Roberts - The Tao Te Chingby Alan Roberts 1,519 views
- 10:11 Alan Watts (Taoism) - Wisdom of the Ridiculous (Pt. 1 of 2)by bornin2chaos 17,852 views
- 7:05 Spiritual Poetry: Tao Te Ching, Lao Tzu ~ chapter 2 (Meditation about earthly contradictions)by Multerland 6,044 views
- 5:52 Sri Sri Ravi Shankar interviewby PremaLove 57,070 views
- 24:37 Wayne Dyer Living The Wisdom Of Taoby Michael V. Cassidy 40,113 views
- 5:46 The Tao Te Chingby AnnakaRae 92,007 views
- 21:01 Ananda Giri - Morning Praise (Dhyana Mantra)by MsClearSpace 64,275 views
- 10:19 Gary Zukav and Linda Francis: Spiritual Partnership and Authentic Powerby SeatoftheSoulInst 2,759 views
- 6:19 The Tao te Ching (pt. 2)by justbernard 109,032 views
- 13:29 Lao Tzu: A Timeless Sageby SupremeMasterTV 1,062 views
- 1:47 Wisdom And Life Quotes: Lao Tzuby EncognitiveVids 1,175 views
- 10:01 Wayne Dyer Summarises The Tao. Change Your Thoughts, Change Your Life (Part 1 of 2)by Successuniverse 85,357 views
- Loading more suggestions...