Whitney Houston Carried out to'' I will always love you''
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Feb 19, 2012
With mirth, movement and sorrow told fans, friends, family and colleagues Saturday goodbye to the voice of them all - Whitney Houston - at a ceremony in her hometown of Newark.
In a golden hearse arrived at her coffin to New Hope Baptist Church, where 1500 invited guests participated in a nearly four-hour memorial service.
Outside the church stood grieving fans with flowers and balloons. Some were wearing T-shirts with pictures of singing icon, others carried a banner reading: "We will always love you, Whitney." A paraphrase of her most famous song.
A historic day
"This is a historic day for me. I just want to be as close to her as possible," said Tamecca Melvin, a fan from Jersey City.
Whitney Houston died a week ago at a hotel in Beverly Hills at the age of 48 years. Although drug or a drug overdose is suspected of having played a role, there is still no official explanation for her death.
Among the guests were borgerretsforkæmperen Jesse Jackson, singers Stevie Wonder and Alicia Keys and actor Kevin Costner, who played with Houston in the movie "The Bodyguard".
Her cousin, singer Dionne Warwick, tied together the ceremony and introduced the speakers.
You are good enough
Houston's former husband, Bobby Brown, also attended during part of the commemoration. Their stormy marriage ended in divorce in 2007.
"Now you take off, Whitney, escorted by an army of angels to your heavenly father. And when you sing to him, so be in no doubt: You're good enough," said Kevin Costner, who talked earnestly about a superstar who always had doubts about whether she struck.
Newark Mayor Cory Booker, the tone as the first speaker.
"We are here to mourn our loss - and celebrate her life. God's paradise, and with him is one of our angels, Whitney Houston," said Cory Booker.
Whitney Houston buried Sunday next to his father John Russell Houston at Fairview Cemetery in Westfield.
The memorial ceremony was concluded with a play of her biggest hit "I will always love you", while the coffin was borne out of the church. From TV2 Denmark.
Standard YouTube License
- Buy "I Will Always Love You (Remastered: 2000)" on
- 7:59 Wendy's Thoughts on the Passing of Whitney Houstonby Wendy Williams Featured 2,126,907
- 3:34:27 Whitney Houston - The Whole Funeral (Full Video)by HighwayHunkie220,038 views
- 9:56 Whitney Houston's Funeral And Burial Photos - 02/18-02/19/12by mison kop27,049 views
- 9:47 Whitney Houston Final Farewell 2, her last journey motorcade from Newark to the Westfield cemeteryby Glasimo44,839 views
- 5:31 CeCe Winans Sings Dont Cry For Me at the Funeral of Whitney Houston by First Day Church Atlantaby FirstDayChurch3233,159 views
- 3:14:07 Whitney Houston's Funeral Exclusive - Amazing!! CCLby ItsBestMedia23,652 views
- 11:48 The Winans Family Sing Tomorrow at Funeral of Whitney Houston by First Day Church Atlantaby FirstDayChurch3162,233 views
- 10:19 Whitney's Friend Kim Burrell Recalls Bobbi Kristina's Hysteriaby extratv268,968 views
- 14:52 "I look to you" R.I.P. Whitney Houston's Funeral R. Kelly Kim Burrell Alicia Keysby jaxsprat11206,217 views
- 4:39 Whitney Houston's Final Exit - I Will Always Love You - Casket Carried Out At Funeralby Neuroticy3141,659 views
- 4:04 Kim Burrell Sings For Whitney Houston (Funeral) A Change is Going To Come (From Mortal To Immortal)by B .Forbes378,458 views
- 2:16 Whitney Houston burial procession - arriving at the cemeteryby mbtaylormulzoff29,983 views
- 6:07 Whitney Houston: Dionne Warwick Spoke to Singer Morning She Died, "I'm Always Here for You."by ABC News153,278 views
- 3:34:27 whitney elisebeth houston funeral service 18 february 2012 newark, new jerseyby wesawthat12,571,306 views
- 6:57 Whitney Houston and Kim Burrell perform "I look to you"by Felipe FUnari305,761 views
- 1:17:03 Whitney Houston - The Greatest Hits (CD1)by someoneumiteknow53 .403,153 views
- 3:13 Whitney Houston's Burial in NJby CaptureChris209,728 views
- 10:38 Alicia Keys Sings At Whitney Houston Funeral by First Day Church Atlantaby FirstDayChurch374,442 views
- 4:44 Whitney Houston - I Know Him So Well ( Feat. Cissy Houston )by Oengus MacOg695,965 views
- 4:29 Whitney Houston & Bobbi Kristina - A Mother's Loveby Quencie Thomas509,959 views
- Loading more suggestions...