Mitt's Magical Mormon Undies: Penn Jillette's Rant Redux
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Sep 18, 2012
In this (profane) installment of Penn Jillette's Atheist's Guide to the 2012 Election, the Penn and Teller illusionist (and outspoken atheist) sizes up Mitt Romney's religion.
Mitt Romney is wearing crazy underwear. He's wearing magic underwear. He is. I mean, under his pants, he is wearing magic underwear. Magic underwear. And he believes that a convicted con man got golden tablets that no one else could see, and sat with an angel to find out that the original Jews of the Bible were living in North America. Crazy, crazy, crazy, crazy. But... just more modern, not more crazy, than other religions. Not more crazy than Islam, you know, with your... not more crazy than virgin births and resurrections. Not more crazy than any of that stuff.
... [COMPLETE TRANSCRIPT HERE: http://bigthink.com/ideas/47394 ] ...
So when someone says, they believe in the word of God literally, I go back and think about Genesis, where people were living to be 900 years old. And I say bullshit! And then I think about Noah and the flood, killing everybody? God that loves us kills everybody? And he wants to get two of every species and seven of the ones that are clean onto a boat that floats for that amount of time? And I just go, really? Because you don't act that way. You're able to go to Home Depot, you're able to pay with a credit card, you're able to go to Starbucks, you know how to use a computer. Really? Do you really mean that? What do you mean literally? Do you really mean that you're going to stone someone to death who because they work on the Sabbath, are you really gonna do that? Really, honestly? You're gonna take a rock in your hand and throw at the mother-fucker's head because he worked on a Sunday to support his family? Are you really gonna do that? If you mix cotton and linen in your clothing are you really going to go to hell? What do you mean when you say that? And no one's ever answered me. There's a code going on that I need the Rosetta Stone. I need someone to sit me down and go, Penn, when Obama says he went to that church and they talked about all this stuff being literal, what he really meant was... fill in the blank! Tell me! What does he really mean? These people are good, honest, smart, not bat shit crazy people, so why the fuck are they saying bat shit crazy stuff to me?
Directed / Produced by Jonathan Fowler & Elizabeth Rodd
Originally Recorded September 16, 2011
Full Length Cut: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJGxVe...
Standard YouTube License
- 3:57 Neil deGrasse Tyson: The 3 Fears That Drive Us to Accomplish Extraordinary Thingsby Big Think Featured 144,207
- 5:34 Penn Jillette: Why Tolerance Is Condescendingby Big Think740,768 views
- 7:56 Henry Rollins on Gay Marriageby Big Think544,373 views
- 7:07 Henry Rollins: The One Decision that Changed My Life Foreverby Big Think626,857 views
- 5:56 How to Catch a Liar (Assuming We Want To)by Big Think377,044 views
- 42:50 Glenn Beck talks to Penn Jillette, author of "Every Day is an Atheist Holiday! More Magical Tales"by GlennBeckBookList417,175 views
- 38:00 IAMA: Penn and Teller | reddit's top ten questionsby reddit428,373 views
- 11:57 Piers Morgan Is A Dick To Penn Jillette (Part 1 of 2)by CRUClEFICTION1,342,537 views
- 15:26 Mitt Romney & the Mormon Curse Upon Black Peopleby Zac Barr182,934 views
- 1:27:52 Language and the Mind Revisited - The Biolinguistic Turn with Noam Chomskyby University of California Television (UCTV)65,140 views
- 4:34 Are You a Psychopath? Take the Test.by Big Think1,657,402 views
- 1:04:48 Authors@Google: Penn Jilletteby Talks at Google56,539 views
- 10:28 Glenn Beck tries to Prove Book of Mormon on Airby SoNSanDiego270,500 views
- 11:43 The Book of Mormon - Penn Pointby pennpoint60,293 views
- 6:12 Penn Jillette: Reconciling Atheism with Libertarianismby Big Think144,801 views
- 19:35 Penn Jillette: An Atheist's Guide to the 2012 Electionby Big Think844,381 views
- 40:48 Stossel - The Rise of Libertarians? (2013)by futurebrain204514,018 views
- 2:17 Stephen Fry: Mormon Encounterby Big Think576,378 views
- 7:57 Penn Jillette: Mistrust of Government Is a Beautiful Thingby Big Think162,554 views
- 6:29 Penn Jillette: Glenn Beck Is a Nut—But I Like Himby Big Think190,181 views
- Loading more suggestions...