IIT Kharagpur tour..2100 acres..First IIT in India(1951)-2008 updated
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Jan 10, 2012
The Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur (Hindi: भारतीय प्रौद्योगिकी संस्थान,खड़गपुर) (IIT Kharagpur or IIT KGP) is an autonomous engineering, technology and management oriented institute of higher education established by the government of India in 1951. The first of the IITs to be established, it is recognised as an Institute of National Importance by the government of India.
The international placements began in 2006.IIT Kharagpur's Vinod Gupta School of Management (VGSOM) had completed Vantage 2008, its annual recruitment programme, on a high note with a 30% increase in the average salary levels offered to the 121-strong batch, reports Sreeradha D Basu in Kolkata.According to IT magazine Dataquest's annual survey, IIT Kharagpur is the second best technology college in terms of placement in India.
This huge jump can be attributed to the fact that it is the first time in IIT Kharagpur's history that students have been allowed to take up foreign placements by companies. "We, in fact, had a documented policy of not allowing foreign placements. This was overturned last year," GS Sinha, former IIT Kgp's placement in-charge, said. "Since all the other IITs were already allowing this, we wanted it to happen at IIT-Kharagpur as well," he added.
"Since we got the permission a bit late last year, the kind of active marketing that was required did not happen. This year, we plan to plug into our alumni network and scale up the process in a much bigger way," said Prof Sinha.
The top domestic compensation in 2008 came in at Rs 18 lakh per annum. In 2011 batch, Goldman Sachs recruited 10 students on a package of Rs. 26 lakhs per annum.
Barclays Capital recruited 11 students with a package of US $55,000(Rs.22 lacs./annum) in December 2009. The highest salary offered till now is Rs 1.7 crore by social networking site Facebook in an off-shore recruitment (of which ESOPs were offered valued at 1 crore). The 2010 batch of B.Tech students saw 94% placements while the remaining preferred IIMs or entrepreneurship.Deutsche Bank recruited 9 students on a package of 0.15 crore (US$28,500) lakhs per annum.For 2012 batch, Facebook has made the highest offer US$150,000 to four students.Ranked 2nd in India ,in terms of placement.
Standard YouTube License
- 35:02 Hits of Bratati Bandopadhyay | Bengali Recitation Juke Box | Best Of Bratati Bandopadhyayby Saregama Bengali Featured 11,827
- 30:29 India Innovates: How IITs, IISc and AIIMS are Changing the Worldby Ritesh Singh15,591 views
- 10:05 IIT film compressed.mp4by p1688010,302 views
- 1:07:32 Guest Lecture by Prof Harry Kroto @ IIT Kharagpurby Tanmoy Das1,225 views
- 15:01 The Insight- A short film on life at IIT Madrasby rohit kothari29,302 views
- 6:04 IIT KGPby sanultimus41,281 views
- 4:55 A glimpse of IIT Kharagpur campusby smartGuyIIT5,479 views
- 6:01 The Journey called KGP (IIT Kharagpur campus)by smartGuyIIT10,244 views
- 17:09 Group Interviewby TestFunda37,908 views
- 4:53 IIT Delhi - 'Inside campus life'by sabin mathew30,039 views
- 6 videos Play all Dr. Kumar Vishwas, Spring Fest 2011, IIT Kharagpurby ujjwalcasual
- 19:08 sTaTus (A short film by Naughty IITians™ production IIT Kharagpur)by Sibhansh Hastey1,461 views
- 10:01 Spring Fest 2012, IIT Kharagpur Documentaryby Ishan Awadhesh7,599 views
- 55:08 Mind Controlled Robots lecture at IIT Kharagpurby asetinstitutes66,905 views
- 8:04 The Dream called IITby anvesh rodda41,207 views
- 1:20:33 How Indian MIT and IIT Graduates Have Shaped Computer Historyby ComputerHistory97,978 views
- 5:19 IIT Madras Campus Lifeby Amrit Vatsa73,314 views
- 9:18 "For Hire" Short film by IIT Bombay Studentsby Biju Neyyan16,340 views
- 6:44 iit madras ..life...by lemontea123104,381 views
- 5:33 Life @ IIT Kanpurby Bhaskar Khemchandani38,269 views