Hsin-Ning Liu LLM'11 on the cross-disciplinary opportunities available to LLM students
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Sep 11, 2013
My name is Hsin-Ning Liu and I got my first law degree in Taiwan and I am a graduate of LLM 2013.
Penn Law is rather small LLM class so, that the atmosphere between friends and classmates, even professors, are really close. So, I think it is a really good learning atmosphere.
I think it would be a very good start if you start from the summer program. It is actually an introduction program of the U.S. legal culture. So, I think that it is very important for us. Or at least for me, because I come from a Civil Law jurisdiction and so I got to know the basic things about common law.
Penn is a place that gives us a lot of cross extra-curricular activities. For example, we get a chance to do pro bono projects and we get a chance to even take classes. For example, Wharton. The Wharton Certificate is very specially designed to let corporate lawyers understand what business people are thinking. And I think it is very good, because corporate lawyers will often meet clients that are businessmen, but if they do not know how to communicate, then it is going to be a problem. So, I think it is a very good bridge to communicate between these two people and I find it extremely helpful.
Career Planning Center is really, really good at Penn because they really care about students and especially care about the individual students needs. For example, I got a very good offer, which makes me very happy, through the job fair program called ISIP and I got this information from the career center. So I thought it was very useful and they really care about what we need and help you focus on your potential.
Just come, because you will not regret it. It is not only that you will change your life as a lawyer but also you will have a broader mind and you will understand more about other cultures. I think for your lifetime it is very cherishable.
Standard YouTube License
- 56:04 Creation Nation: IP and the Rise of Prosumers: Keynote Addressby Penn Law43 views
- 1:36:16 Creation Nation: IP and the Rise of Prosumers: Panel 3by Penn Law15 views
- 2:49 Ceclia Liu LLM'13 on clinical studies and student group opportunities as an LLM studentby Penn Law53 views
- 2:38 Adhay Chattopadhyay LLM'13 discusses the value of a Penn Law LLM experienceby Penn Law34 views
- 3:33 Sh*t UChicago Students Say.by Angela Wang64,643 views
- 3:15 UChicago Promise - A pledge to aid Chicago students bound for collegeby The University of Chicago697 views
- 6:15 What's After LL.B? - Master of Laws (LL.M)by KPUMproductions2,441 views
- 2:10 Harvard Law Classmate Describes Barack Obamaby EternalMedia234,427 views
- 58:59 Theft! A History of Musicby Duke Law8,358 views
- 6:55 Columbia Law School - LLM Class 2012by shakkoMan3,201 views
- 5:33 What's After LL.B? - Harvard LL.M vs Oxford BCLby KPUMproductions7,785 views
- 11:45 Nigel Kennedy-Csárdás (Monti)-Last Night Proms 2013by RupertJones80,564 views
- 1:21:53 JD-LLM Lives in International Law: Panel of Alumniby Duke Law1,338 views
- 6:52 "A lawyer should be an all-rounded personality"by RainmakerIndia1,238 views
- 2:16 Alumni Inspiration: Olga Rybina, Master of Laws (LLM), Russiaby University of London International Programmes970 views
- 5:01 Law School (LLM) in the US: Application Tips for International Studentsby Fulbright Belgium953 views
- 2:00 Meet Rachel Zeliger, on the new Master of Laws Program in International Law and Human Rightsby CdnFriendsHU212 views
- 5:51 LLM at Harvard Law School: Sarah Panisby Fulbright Belgium7,335 views
- 10:47 Applying to Law School (LLM) in the United Statesby Fulbright Belgium4,673 views
- 7:57 Relocating to the US as a Foreign Attorneyby lawcrossing2008173 views
- Loading more suggestions...