- 1 Hacking Pop Culture and the Ethics of Appropria... by rebelliouspixels
- 2 ZEMOS98 Interview with Pop Culture Hacker Jonat... by rebelliouspixels
- 3 Wayne Enterprises - TV Commercial Remix by rebelliouspixels
- ▶ ADmented Reality - Google Glasses Remixed with ... by rebelliouspixels
- 5 The LEGO Violence Collection by rebelliouspixels
- 6 Too Many Dicks on The Daily Show with Jon Stewart by rebelliouspixels
- 7 Building a Critical Culture with Remix Video - ... by rebelliouspixels
- 8 La Malla Tendencies Interview with Pop Culture ... by rebelliouspixels
- 9 I+c+i Interview with Pop Culture Hacker Jonatha... by rebelliouspixels
- 10 Deleted Scenes from Buffy vs Edward by rebelliouspixels
- 11 Glenn Beck gets "Donald Ducked" - CBS Channel 5... by rebelliouspixels
- 12 Donald Duck Meets Glenn Beck in Right Wing Radi... by rebelliouspixels
- 13 Buffy vs Edward: Twilight Remixed -- [original ... by rebelliouspixels
- 14 So You Think You Can Be President? - Debate Rem... by rebelliouspixels
- 15 The Power of Chevron's Human Energy (2008) by rebelliouspixels
- 16 Army of One: Remixed (2003) by rebelliouspixels
- 17 USAF: Fall Into the Blue (2005) by rebelliouspixels
- 18 H2: Bummer (2003) by rebelliouspixels
- 19 War on Terror Sports (2003) by rebelliouspixels
- 20 One Man (2003) by rebelliouspixels
- 21 Share Life: Iraq Tour (2003) by rebelliouspixels
- 22 Little Piggies (2003) by rebelliouspixels
- 23 FOX News Dreamworld (2003) by rebelliouspixels
- 24 Go Army: Bad Guys (2008) by rebelliouspixels
This video is unavailable.
ADmented Reality - Google Glasses Remixed with Google Ads
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Apr 5, 2012
When I saw Google had somehow forgotten to include any ads in their Project Glass promotional video I just couldn't resist fixing that oversight for them.
So here is my slightly more realistic version of Google's augmented reality glasses - now featuring contextual Google Ads!
Of course I'm exaggerating a bit here for visual effect to mimic the modern web browsing experience. Google will probably not be this obvious with their interface but there's no question that the company will be gathering a massive amount of extremely personal data based on what you look at and for how long. The company may use this data mining to build even more detailed consumer profiles and/or sell über targeted ads. Because let's face it, Google is really just a massive advertising company at heart.
Fun Fact: All of the AdWords used are actual Google ad returns found via Google searches based on the dialog, situation or setting in the original video. Yes "Music, Stop!" does actually return an ad asking if you would like to listen to music.
Google really can't be too annoyed at this remix because after all I'm just putting Google Ads overtop of a Google video on Google's owned video hosting service.
See the original Google video:
UPDATE: This remix appears to have gone viral with over half a million views in 5 days. I'm happy the video has been part of the changing media story around Google's "augmented reality" product from the initial uncritical view to a slightly more skeptical frame that at least raises concerns about privacy, personal data mining and "targeted" advertising.
Back in February 2012 Sebastian Anthony wrote about the then-rumored Google glasses on Extreme Tech saying - "Remember, Google is ultimately an advertising company, where eyeballs directly translate into money — and it's hard to get any closer to your eyes than a pair of augmented reality glasses. When you look at a car dealership, Google will be able to display ads from a competitor. When you sit in front of a computer, or TV, or stare through a shop window, the glasses will be able to track your head movements and report back on the efficacy of display ads. Perhaps most excitingly, when you read a newspaper or book or other static medium, Google could even overlay its own, interactive ads."
Here is a link to that article:
FAIR USE NOTICE:
This transformative remix work constitutes a fair use of any copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US copyright law. "ADmented Reality" was remixed by Jonathan McIntosh and is licensed under a Creative Commons BY-NC-SA 3.0 License permitting non-commercial sharing and remixing with attribution.
- 5:26 I used Google Glassby TheVergeFeatured 2,044,532
- 43:10 google Documentary - Discovery Channelby أحمد عوف 261,920 views
- 0:26 Google Glasses: A New Way to Hurt Yourself (parody of Google's Project Glass)by Tom Scott 2,676,470 views
- 2:46 How Guys Will Use Google Glassby DartanionLondon 3,104,118 views
- 1:10 google earth is not funny anymoreby opossum77 6,153,304 views
- 3:31 GOOGLE GLASS SUCKS!by smosh 6,073,165 views
- 6 videos Play all Google Project Glasses (Parodies)by isaacman2000
- 0:33 Google Project Glass - Cheating Wife Parodyby LessFilms 343,824 views
- 2:21 Google Glass PARODY!by MachinimaETC 209,096 views
- 1:21 Google Unveils Project Glass Augmented Reality Eye Wearby IBTimesUK 51,201 views
- 2:38 Google Glasses Parodyby JRESHOW 11,839 views
- 11:27 Project Glass: Live Demo At Google I/Oby GoogleDevelopers 1,875,301 views
- 3:54 Speaking Of The Matrix: Google Glassesby PsyOpsTimes 21,713 views
- 1:54 Google Project Glass: Google glasses demo parody (HD)by NMATV 32,973 views
- 13:30 Sergey Brin talks about Google Glass at TED 2013by tedleaks 375,675 views
- 7:50 Sight: Contact Lenses with Augmented Reality - Futuristic Videoby estebanvr1987 71,490 views
- 2:06 Google Glasses by Alex Bullfinch (Project Glass Demo Parody)by AlexBullfinch 52,058 views
- 2:26 Google unveils Google Glass Explorer Edition at I/O - CNET Newsby CNETTV 850,370 views
- 1:11 Google to Release First HUD Sunglassesby Buzz60 60,238 views
- 11:00 Interview with google's founder Sergey Brinby XXX XXX 439,005 views
- 1:09 New Google Goggles Rumors as More Details Leakby slatenewschannel 44,156 views
- Loading more suggestions...