Bed, Bath, & Beyond NRC Alerts Radioactive "Kleenex Holders", SILENT on North Anna "REACTOR LEAK"
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Jan 11, 2012
There is an NRC event report out today regarding the discovery of a shipment of RADIOACTIVE "Kleenex box holders" from New Jersey destined for a Bed Bath and Beyond store in California. Yet, the NRC event reports remain completely silent about the; "REACTOR LEAK" which caused a "partial shutdown" of North Anna nuclear plant. While the identification of metal "Kleenex boxes" contaminated with COBALT 60 is important, it pales in comparison the Fukushima like risk coming out of the North Anna nuclear plants.
The question obviously rises: are the problems at North Anna Nuclear Plant being underreported because the NRC approved the restart on earthquake damaged UNIT 1 based on an inspection of UNIT 2 ? Imagine two airplanes involved in the same crash landing, and the FAA certifying both planes as safe to fly after they have only inspect ONE of the aircraft for air worthiness. That is essentially what has happened at North Anna after the August 5.8 earthquake in Virginia shook those nuclear plants at a level greater than for which they were designed. Obviously it must be very embarrassing for the NRC every time the North Anna plant has to shut down for an issue that correlates with the 5.8 earth quake in Virginia, especially when those issues might have been caught in an in-depth inspection. It is only reasonable to assume that such reporting would be delayed as long as possible.
The take away is that residents of North Anna, and anyone down wind or down stream should not rely on the NRC event pages as early warning systems for North Anna Nuclear. But it is worse than that, every partial shutdown and restart cycle of those nuclear plants is just one step close to a fatigue failure. Moreover, from a probabilistic view point, the most dangerous time period in the nuclear cycle is during a manual shutdown.
It would be wise for anyone in North Anna threat zone to take cost effective risk mitigation measures; the cheapest and simplest of which would be to have a supply of IOSAT on hand. Given the Russian Nuclear Roulette wheel the NRC and North Anna Nuclear are spinning right now in Virginia, we believe even greater risk mitigation measures are warranted for the wise.
Standard YouTube License
- 25:46 Keiser Report: Death by Thousand Revelations (E235)by RT Featured 40,387
- 38:55 December 8 2013 Breaking News Fukushima worldwide Nuclear Crisis not contained Last Days Newsby u2bheavenbound27,967 views
- 13:04 60 Minutes Report Fukushima Nuclear Power Plant Japanby 1stNewsHD6,888 views
- 6:22 [Breaking] Busby Radioactive Lead Findings Corroborate POTRBLOG Fukushima Fallout Findingsby potrblog1,441 views
- 21:21 Tour of Fukushima Daiichi with Arnie Gundersen 10/3/13by MsMilkytheclown112,661 views
- 45:05 Segundos Catastroficos - Fukushima (Completo / Español Latino)by DrAvispon83,150 views
- 17:47 Chris Busby, Geneva, 2012: a plan to stop the nuclear industryby drdrwoland2,494 views
- 5:48 How Dangerous is the Radioactive Wave Headed Toward the US?by The Big Picture RT50,530 views
- 6:09 Sabotage? Emergency Declared, Crane Fire During Nuclear Refueling at Robinson Nuclear Plantby potrblog1,333 views
- 2:11 brazil 2012: sunbathing on radioactive beachesby bionerd2312,892 views
- 6:53 Issa on MSNBC: Chairman Jaczko's Mismanagement at the Nuclear Regulatory Commissionby oversightandreform3,185 views
- 7:53 Nuclear power plant spent fuel rods overheating and meltdownby brokenintel59,652 views
- 1:27:52 Windscale Britains Biggest Nuclear Disaster ( Nothing compared to Fukushima ).by vidsupquick137,686 views
- 44:47 Seconds From Disaster - Fukushima [Documentary] - NuclearAdvisor.comby NuclearAdvisor111,042 views
- 13:44 How to build a nuclear power plant -- video.by ScienceDuude36,051 views
- 8:25 Are we in the "breakdown" faze of nuclear power?by The Big Picture RT5,609 views
- 14:06 Fukushima The Coming Global Disasterby Qronos16194,350 views
- 13:02 Understanding the accident of Fukushima Daiichi NPS - Source IRSNby Fukushima Future100,108 views
- 6:36 Vogtle 3rd Quarter 2011 Construction Updateby Southern Company3,512 views
- 44:24 Three Mile Island Nuclear Power Station Meltdown ( Fukushima is far worse ).by vidsupquick177,662 views
- Loading more suggestions...