Farming 2.0: Modern Innovations For Sustainability
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Jun 26, 2012
Cory Carman was raised on a cattle ranch in Wallowa, Oregon, where her family has lived since 1913. After graduating from Stanford with an environmental policy degree and working on Capitol Hill and in Los Angeles, Cory returned to rural Oregon in 2003. Realizing that it was up to her to continue the legacy of her family ranch, she began exploring alternative options for raising and marketing their cattle. Today, she and her husband, Dave Flynn, raise registered cattle and market Oregon's first Food Alliance-certified grass-fed beef to consumers, and area restaurants, hospitals and universities.
In addition to being engaged in multiple ecosystem restoration projects, Cory works with local ranchers to explore collective marketing options for grass-fed beef. Cory loves being part of a rural community and spending time on the ranch with David and their three children, as well as in the Portland with the chefs and buyers that are committed to supporting them.
Allison Hensey joined the Oregon Environmental Council as its Program Director for Healthy Food and Farms in May 2006. Her focus is supporting the environmental stewardship and economic vitality of Oregon's farmers and ranchers and food businesses. Her work includes leading demonstration projects for sustainable farming and business practices, advocating for public policy that supports sustainable farming, and providing information and resources for farmers to engage in new markets and incentives that reward agriculturalists for their environmental stewardship. Prior to joining the Oregon Environmental Council, Allison served as a Policy Specialist in the Director's Office of the Oregon Watershed Enhancement Board, providing funding and support to agricultural producers, forestland owners, and others for watershed restoration and salmon recovery projects. Allison received her B.A. from Claremont McKenna College and her J.D. from the University of Oregon. Before joining the Oregon Watershed Enhancement Board, she practiced land use law in Portland.
Emily is the marketing associate for Stahlbush Island Farms, the first farm to be Certified Sustainable by the Food Alliance and home to the first-of-its-kind biogas plant in North America. Emily works on marketing, social media and outreach programs for the farm. She previously worked for NetGreen News and served as the Senior Executive Producer for the Americas. Emily also worked for the United Nations Development Programs in Poverty and Gender Affairs in Panama City. After her post at the United Nations, Emily remained in Panama to produce an environmental television show that aired on E! Entertainment Television throughout all of Latin America. She grew up spending weekends at her family's ranch in Florida and developed a life-long love for wildlife, the environment, and preservation of our natural world.
Standard YouTube License
- 1:18:02 The Rural Approach: Healthy Landscapes for Healthy Economiesby Portland State University53 views
- 12:37 Fragments (1966-67)by Portland State University20 views
- 12:39 The Time is Now: A Film About a Wood Co-Opby Portland State University27 views
- 3:58 Is Co-Admisison Right for Me?by Portland State University2,227 views
- 28:47 WJ Sexten Farmers Forum Grazing Presentation 2012by NCRSAREvideo62 views
- 28:44 Conserving Farmlandby peakmoment1,240 views
- 29:52 Tara Firma Farmsby SoropSoundingBoard142 views
- 25:39 Clearing up the Myth of is Natural Grass Fed Pork Lard bad for you?by Ramona Werst581 views
- 31:12 About Grass Fed Beefby Podchef6,308 views
- 1:59:47 Farm Sim Saturday Trip to England for farmingby BILLSTMAXX :)115,858 views
- 12:30 Innovations in Agricultureby Don Jones1,582 views
- 22:30 Oregon Landby Jacob Sieg61 views
- 19:14 TEDxPugetSound - David Whyte - Life at the Frontier: The Conversational Nature of Realityby TEDxTalks43,458 views
- 47:09 Origins of Agricultureby 73rdStProductions1,854 views
- 2:26 Bio-Methanation Plant Testimony:Slurryby VKNARDEP318 views
- 30:04 Grass-fed Beef - Episode 9:by Bigworldofood53 views
- 3:47 Israel's Agromashov Innovationsby Arieh o'sullivan153 views
- 4:11 Land & Farm - Buyer's tip #1 "How to Buy Land"by lcfgroup11,430 views
- 7:46 INNOVAS Two-Stage High Efficient Biogas Plant Hamlar - english Versionby INNOVASvideos22,895 views
- 3:03 BIOTECH INDIA - documentary produced in 2002 - IIby biotechhq935 views
- Loading more suggestions...