It Might Get Loud "Three Rock Legends" (Jimmy Page, Jack White, The Edge)
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Jul 10, 2009
It Might Get Loud is the title of a 2008 documentary by filmmaker Davis Guggenheim.One of the most dynamic gatherings in music history takes place in the new film IT MIGHT GET LOUD when legends Jimmy Page, The Edge and Jack White come together to play, compare notes and talk about music and their mutual love of the electric guitar. Directed by Davis Guggenheim and conceived by producer Thomas Tull, the film, through the words and music of three generations of musicians, celebrates the love affair these men and countless others have with the electric guitar, perhaps the most innovative and challenging instrument ever created.
IT MIGHT GET LOUD isnt like any other rockn roll documentary. Filmed through the eyes of three virtuosos from three different generations, audiences get up close and personal, discovering how a furniture upholsterer from Detroit, a studio musician and a painter from London and a seventeen-year-old Dublin schoolboy, each used the electric guitar to develop their unique sound and rise to the pantheon of superstar. Rare discussions are provoked as we travel with Jimmy Page, The Edge and Jack White to influential locations of their pasts. Born from the experience is intimate access to the creative genesis of each legend, such as Link Wrays Rumbles searing impression upon Jimmy Page, who surprises audiences with an impromptu air guitar performance. But thats only the beginning.
While each guitarist describes his own musical rebellion, a rockn roll summit is being arranged. Set on an empty soundstage, the musicians come together, crank up the amps and play. They also share their influences, swap stories, and teach each other songs. During the summit Pages double-neck guitar, The Edges array of effects pedals and Whites new mic, custom build into his guitar, go live. The musical journey is joined by visual grandeur too. We see the stone halls of Headley Grange where Stairway to Heaven was composed, visit a haunting Tennessee farmhouse where Jack White writes a song on-camera, and eavesdrop inside the dimly lit Dublin studio where The Edge lays down initial guitar tracks for U2s forthcoming single. The images, like the stories, will linger in the mind long after the reverb fades.
IT MIGHT GET LOUD might not affect how you play guitar, but it will change how you listen. The film is directed and produced by An Inconvenient Truths Davis Guggenheim, and produced by Thomas Tull, Lesley Chilcott and Peter Afterman.
On Camera: Jamaal Finkley
www.blacktree.tv A BlackTree Media Production Thank you for watching!
Standard YouTube License
Next in BlackTree TV in HD
- 3:11 Jimmy Page,Jack White and The Edge playing ,,In my time of dying"by SFSimonWhiteFeatured 456,130
- 23 videos Play all IT MIGHT GET LOUDby dixirkt
- 2:29 Get Him to the Greek - Jonah Hill, P. Diddy and Russell Brandby blacktreemedia 218,064 views
- 1:17 Black Swan [Official Music Video] HDby blacktreemedia 28,096 views
- 4:25 Another Way to Dieby blacktreemedia 4,235,921 views
- 2:02 Step Up 3D will revolutionize dance movies, Check out the Trailer in HDby blacktreemedia 3,572,839 views
- 8:28 如何知道自己適不適合學佛（聖嚴法師-大法鼓 0544）by DDMTV01 16,278 views
- 3:49 KASHMIR chords -Jimmy Page, Jack White, & Edgeby djlightbolt 3,977,335 views
- 5:49 jimmy page's best soloby emamele 1,173,223 views
- 2:04 David Gilmour -How to play Pink Floydby Pakistanac1000 559,856 views
- 1:01:46 Pink Floyd Live at Pompeiby MrTreminuti 123,958 views
- 2:00 Jimmy Page Playing Chopinby iliketotubeyou 709,253 views
- 10:43 Neil Young on Lettermanby rustvision 748,347 views
- 10:00 Jimmy Page/Jeff Beck/Eric Clapton-Stairway to Heavenby becksbolero1 1,708,948 views
- 1:56 Robert Plant's tribute to Jimmy Pageby barto1507 938,311 views
- 11:43 Jack White Plays A Surprise Parking Lot Show At SXSW 2011by nprmusic 902,305 views
- 10:29 U2 - All I Want Is You / Where The Streets Have No Nameby Larissa Onofre 2,378,883 views
- 10:23 Led Zeppelin 2007 - Jimmy Page Interview (BBC)by LZJoker 596,214 views
- 3:20 The Yardbirds - Train Kept A Rollin' (1968)by Wolffishfish 709,081 views
- 0:25 Jimmy Page plays Whole Lotta Love - It might get loudby Sebastián Herrera 1,352,748 views