3/25/09 - (PART 2 of 2) FACEBOOK Developer Garage w/ Andreas Weigend - Keynote Speaker
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Apr 12, 2009
http://www.weigend.com - Want to be PHAME-ous? Starting with a Problem, coming up with Hypothesis, that then suggest different Actions, defining a rich set of Metrics, and then getting the answers by running Experiments: This is the PHAME framework. it is explained in these two videos of my keynote at the Facebook Developer Garage (March 25, 2009, San Francisco, more at kontagent.com/blog).
Who: Andreas Weigend (Data Mining Professor at Stanford and Former Chief Scientist at Amazon) - Keynote
Event Date: Wednesday, March 25, 2009
Time: 6:30pm - 9:30pm
Location: Hyatt Regency San Francisco map
Street: 5 Embarcadero Center
City/Town: San Francisco, CA
Kontagent is the leading viral analytics platform for social network application developers. The Kontagent platform has been built from the ground up to provide deep social data visualization and analysis that delivers actionable insights delivered via a hosted, on-demand service.
The Kontagent platform works directly with the Facebook API, and will soon support OpenSocial and the MySpace platform. Kontagent was founded in 2007 by serial entrepreneurs Albert Lai/CEO (5th startup, most recently founder/CEO of BubbleShare) and Jeffrey Tseng/CTO (2nd startup, most recently founder of Aevena) . The company is headquartered in the SOMA district of San Francisco, California with a presence in downtown Toronto, Ontario.
Immediately following the Platform launch at the f8, Facebook Developers Conference, on May 24, 2007, informal, community driven, developer events began emerging around the world. In an effort to support the ecosystem, the events, and the developers involved in them, the concept of the Facebook Developer Garage was conceived.
Facebook Developer Garages are just like they sound a place to explore, get gritty, tinker, experiment, and test out ideas for Facebook Platform. Being in the Garage is all about participating, getting your hands dirty, and exploring fresh ideas and solutions. Garages should encourage community involvement and incorporate presentations by participants.
Andreas Weigend studies people and the data they create. Andreas was the Chief Scientist at Amazon.com, where he specialized in understanding how people behave online, helping Amazon build its customer-centric, measurement-focused culture.
Andreas Weigend now advises exciting startups and consults for established firms including Alibaba, Best Buy, Lufthansa, MySpace, and Nokia; helping some of the most brilliant entrepreneurs and executives around the world leverage user data to create innovative products and business models. He also teaches at Stanford and UC Berkeley, and is often invited to speak at international events.
Video Filmed & Produced by Shaun Tai for SHAUN TAI Films / TECH AFFAIR (www.techaffair.com) - ©2009 - email@example.com, (925) 297-9370.
Standard YouTube License
- 9:46 Mike Robbins Video | Mike Robbins Teamwork Motivational Speakerby MCPSpeakerscom926 views
- 11:31 Create a Simple Facebook App (part 1 of 2)by niftyc28,521 views
- 8:30 PHP Tutorials Introduction to Facebook application development Part 1by handika bahari518 views
- 8:44 f8 Interviews: Facebook Creditsby Gregory Gunn4,097 views
- 20:17 How to Create a Facebook App, Viral Games, Voting, Quiz, Iframe, Webinar (Live Demo)by fbappsninja4,607 views
- 4:18 Mohan Sawhney on Customer-Centricityby Mohanbir Sawhney2,458 views
- 12:52 eCommera presents Andreas Weigend | Intelligent Trader Launch Event, 9-28-11by Andreas Weigend222 views
- 10:14 3/25/09 - (PART 1 of 2) FACEBOOK Developer Garage w/ Andreas Weigend - Keynote Speakerby Andreas Weigend2,676 views
- 9:32 Melbourne Facebook Developers Garage 8 - Toby Hedeby CraigHodgesMedia474 views
- 9:27 Jarod Buna's UC Berkeley graduation speechby jbuna817 views
- 6:03 Facebook Consultants (version 2.1)by rohitk89334 views
- 9:41 Predictive Analytics World 2010 - The New Data Economy featuring Andreas Weigendby Andreas Weigend4,711 views
- 56:31 The Secret History of Silicon Valleyby GoogleTechTalks223,797 views
- 19:50 Hood-Mom Murdered By Thug Boyfriend Right After Posting About Him Doing It On Facebook!by TNN Raw Uncut48,822 views
- 9:52 Facebook Application Tutorial Part 1by Jesper Åström38,571 views
- 6:56 Robert Lyn Nelson Art Giveaway on Facebookby diamond dave390 views
- 9:17 Big Data, Smart Metrics, and Consumer Behavior: A Social Data Lab Workshop - Shanghai, Dec. 2011by Andreas Weigend450 views
- 7:34 4/2/09 - Andreas Weigend & Ted Shelton Conversation @ HAAS (UC Berkeley, California)by Andreas Weigend696 views
- 3:52 How To Create a Facebook App | Facebook Apps Ninja Software Reviewby WSOwithJoeFons32,657 views
- 21:20 Create Facebook App, Timeline Page and Add App To Pageby Terry Jett36,445 views
- Loading more suggestions...