2011 Chevrolet Camaro Convertible revealed - driving scenes [part 2]
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Nov 16, 2010
After years of teasing, Chevrolet has officially unveiled the 2011 Camaro Convertible ahead of its debut at the Los Angeles Auto Show.
On sale in February, the drop top remains pretty faithful to the coupe's design but the trunk lock cylinder has been moved to the rear seat area (for a cleaner exterior appearance) and the antenna is relocated to the deck lid.
As for the top itself, it's made out of a durable canvas material and features an acoustic headliner as well as a glass rear window with a defogger. When the single-locking latch is opened, the top can be lowered in approximately 20 seconds with a push of a button. Sadly, luggage capacity drops to 10.24 cu ft (290 liters) and decreases to 7.85 cu ft (222 liters) when the roof is lowered.
To ensure the chassis remains solid, engineers installed a strut tower brace, underbody "V" braces, and a transmission support bracket. Furthermore, additional structural reinforcements were added to eliminate cowl shake. Thanks to these modifications, the Camaro has better torsional stiffness than the BMW 3-Series convertible.
Like the coupe, the convertible is available with three engines. The entry-level 3.6-liter V6 produces 312 hp (232 kW) and 278 lb-ft (370 Nm) of torque. It carries an EPA-estimated fuel economy rating of 17 mpg city / 29 mpg highway (manual) and 18 mpg city / 29 mpg highway (automatic).
If that sounds a little weak, the 6.2-liter L99 V8 churns out 400 hp (298 kW) and 410 lb-ft (556 Nm) of torque. It is available exclusively with a six-speed automatic transmission and returns an estimated 16 mpg city / 25 mpg highway.
Lastly, the 6.2-liter LS3 V8 has 426 hp (318 kW) and 420 lb-ft (569 Nm) of torque. It is connected to a six-speed manual transmission and is expected to return 16 mpg city / 24 mpg highway.
Standard YouTube License
- 4:26 Usain Bolt test drives Ferrari 458 Italia and 599 GTB at Fioranoby worldcarfans339,038 views
- 2:48 New Lamborghini V12 Engine Assemblyby worldcarfans470,743 views
- 2:32 Audi Quattro Concept official promo - narratedby worldcarfans1,799,656 views
- 1:36 2011 Chevrolet Camaro Convertible revealed - development [part 1]by worldcarfans30,081 views
- 2:21 Sexy Girl - 1200hp Camaro!!!!by High Tech Corvette1,386,419 views
- 7:23 Dubai Police Al Ghandi Auto - Chevrolet Camaro - Voice overby Al Ghandi Auto6,403 views
- 5:02 2011 Camaro 2SSby lambdog76199,727 views
- 27:59 1500 hp Camaro Running on the Street!by ZLazzeZ2,607,515 views
- 4:12 ZL1 vs. GT-R Showdownby RoadandTrack636,260 views
- 31 videos Play all Camaro Modsby EnvyRT
- 2:29 2011 Chevrolet Camaro Convertible - Los Angeles Auto Showby Kelley Blue Book9,280 views
- 11:57 1967 GT500 Eleanor: Re-imagining a Classic - /BIG MUSCLEby /DRIVE504,361 views
- 1:28 2010 Chevrolet Camaro SS vs. 2011 Ford Mustang GT - Comparison Testby RoadandTrack1,409,640 views
- 12:45 2014 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 - Jay Leno's Garageby JayLenosGarage654,380 views
- 11:57 The 700 HP Hennessey Camaro ZL1 -- /TUNEDby /DRIVE809,592 views
- 4:21 Fifth Gear - Camaro SS Review (BEST QUALITY)by ChevyCobb255,494 views
- 19:06 ZR1 Vette vs Jet! - Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 Races A U.S. Navy Fighter Jetby MotorTrend11,805,545 views
- 20:58 GT-R vs Z06 vs GT500: 5-Figure Supercar Shootout!by MotorTrend1,560,222 views
- 15:49 Ford Shelby GT500 v Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 : Street & Circuit - /CHRIS HARRIS ON CARSby /DRIVE875,959 views
- 8:38 2011 Chevrolet Camaro Convertible Video Highlights and Driving Impressionsby rwcmick39,990 views