1 Gallon Saltwater Aquarium and Globe Ecosystem
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Sep 30, 2009
1 Gallon Pico Reef, 1/2 gallon sealed SPS reef tank, 19 gallon bog terrarium globe, 75 gallon planted tank with Co2 injection. Keeping ecosystems in odd containers changes the chemistry and dynamics interestingly and has a direct correlation to evaporation rates, nitrate binding or export, and temperature stabilization to name a few. For example, a fluted vase design allows for an inner-diameter resting lid, which changes the salinity and saltcreep maintenance drastically vs any other shape. It also provides an angled surface for detritus accumulation, which is easily wiped for maintenance and this is (nitrogen) export.
A small square palmtop design, with an internal plant sub-division, becomes the first and still the only longterm sealed (non evaporating) coral reef aquarium, growing acroporid coral specimens into 3 inch tabular forums documented over a two year course.
Shape matters in pico reef design, and pico reef design matters to marine biology as a whole because it influences coral morphology, allelopathy, and new observations for science unique to hyperconcentrated niche environments.
thank you for stopping by!
I invite everyone to discuss the biology or problems associated with any aquarium care, and feel free to link your own micro reefs if you keep them. Anyone who would like to research pico reef history can start at Reefs.Org and Reefcentral around 2002 and nano-reef.com
These forums paved the way for the explosion in popularity and are 95% of the existing documentation regarding progress of this layman's science
It seemed interesting for all of us to share pico reef design concepts on this video, so post anything you know about them please or any reference material on the matter.
nice to meet you all and thank you for watching!
I stay active enough on this forum and in the marine and fish forums it won't be too hard to find me so we can chat about marine biology and aquatic sciences if not here. I will also help you build and stabilize these, so hit me up in the comments if you start one.
Standard YouTube License
- Buy "Trinity" on
009 Sound System
- 9:59 Mr. Saltwater Tank's Coverage of Marine Aquarium Expo (MAX)by Mr. Saltwater Tank TV Featured 72,685
- 22:40 Gnosis - In Search of Coral Castle | Documentaryby EnlighteningChannel22,314 views
- 27:02 HOW TO: Set up a saltwater aquariumby uarujoey186,232 views
- 4:22 TOTI: Worlds smallest fish tank!by Heethe261,526 views
- 11:12 90g Reef (Sump and Filtration)by Breezyreef6,269 views
- 5:44 How to set up a SALTWATER 2 1/2 gal nano tank.by Neil Bennett10,899 views
- 61 videos Play all fish tanksby chrisnh2000
- 5:40 120 Gallon Aquarium 40 Gallon Sump / Refugium plumbingby Marco Delano4,426 views
- 31:14 How to set up a saltwater aquarium - Mike Paletta's 300 Gallon Mixed Reef Aquarium - Part Iby AmericanReefChannel187,380 views
- 4:53 20 Gallon DIY Sump Refugium (Part 4 - It's Finished!!).movby djdoggiedog14,547 views
- 9:39 Mr David Saxby's Marine Tank HDby a24udi107,972 views
- 6:26 Selecting Corals for Your Reef Tank - EP 3: Fish and Coralsby BulkReefSupplyCom18,373 views
- 12:04 54 Gallon Corner Reef Tank 1 year oldby 1chirindongo144,425 views
- 7:48 Where and How To Place Corals in a Reef Tank - Using Coral Glueby coralfish12g13,361 views
- 34:06 How to set up a saltwater aquarium - Mike Paletta Starting a Reef Tank - LED Experiment - Part Iby AmericanReefChannel121,908 views
- 19:47 COOLEST AQUARIUM EVER! (11/15/09-256)by SHAYTARDS596,765 views
- 13:31 Setting Up 30 Gallon Saltwater Aquariumby aquariumtiptank35,902 views
- 2:50:53 ♥♥ Coral Reef Fish (3 hours)by MoneySavingVideos110,022 views
- 22:32 HOW TO: Plumb a Glass Aquariumby uarujoey119,970 views
- 8:22 300 gallon reef tank sump and plumbingby Barney Lee60,207 views