NewSchools Presents: Joel Rose & Chris Rush, New Classrooms Innovation Partners
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Aug 27, 2012
Entrepreneurs have revolutionized nearly every facet of modern society, bringing innovations to the way we care for the sick, grow our food, and communicate with each other. For the past 15 years, these stubbornly optimistic men and women have turned their sights on bringing US public education into the 21st century. Together, they're working towards a future in which every student--no matter their socioeconomic status or their ZIP code--receives an excellent education.
Joel Rose is the Co-Founder and Chief Executive Officer of New Classrooms Innovation Partners. Previously, he was the Chief Executive Officer of School of One, an initiative within the New York City Department of Education (NYCDOE) that uses a mix of live, collaborative, and online instruction in order to provide students with instruction customized to their unique academic needs and learning styles. Prior to conceptualizing and leading School of One, Rose served as Chief Executive for Human Capital and as Chief of Staff to the Deputy Chancellor at NYCDOE. Rose has been involved in education for more than 15 years, first as a fifth grade teacher in Houston and later as a senior executive at Edison Schools where he served as the company's Associate General Counsel, Chief of Staff, General Manager, and Vice President for School Operations.
Chris Rush is the Co-Founder and Chief Program Officer of New Classrooms Innovation Partners. Most recently, he lead the overall conceptualization, design and implementation of the School of One program. Previously, he led design and development of Wireless Generation's mCLASS reporting systems and initiated the creation of their consulting services group and served as its Executive Director. Additionally, Mr. Rush worked with the NYCDOE, co-leading the design of the initial versions of their citywide parent, teacher and administrator longitudinal data system. Prior to that, Mr. Rush specialized in financial management and IT development services at IBM.
To watch other videos in the NewSchools Presents series go to http://www.newschools.org/entrepreneurs.
Learn more about New Classrooms Innovation Partners at http://www.newclassrooms.org/
Standard YouTube License
Next in NewSchools Presents: Education Entrepreneurs (2012)
- 1:39 Cooking Fish on the Weber Charcoal Grill using the Direct Methodby bakdoctorFeatured 7,789
- 2:01 NewSchools Presents: Simmons Lettre & Carrie Irvin, Charter Board Partnersby nsvf 574 views
- 2:02 NewSchools Presents: Eric Westendorf & Alix Guerrier, LearnZillionby nsvf 1,284 views
- 1:46 NewSchools Presents: Daniel Jhin Yoo & Justin Su, Goalbookby nsvf 311 views
- 13:40 School of Oneby AVENUESdotORG 1,259 views
- 6:08 TILE: Transforming the Classroom Experienceby uimediaproduction 2,931 views
- 1:28:10 Personal Branding in Social Media | The New Schoolby thenewschoolnyc 1,494 views
- 29:27 Sir Ken Robinson, Creativity, Learning & the Curriculumby lwf 97,417 views
- 4:05 What are the qualities of a good teacher?by The Alliance for Education 19,700 views
- 8:26 Finlândia imbatível no sistema educacionalby euronews (em português) 8,079 views
- 5:25 A Classroom Proposalby Erin Hennessy 956 views
- 19:16 Integrating Meditation & Mindfulness into Children's Classrooms - Dr. Lori Desautelsby David O'Neil 265 views
- 51:48 caillou english full episodes - caillou new episodes 2013 in english full long movieby cartoonfull 6,635 views
- 2:00 NewSchools Presents: Education Entrepreneursby nsvf 1,812 views
- 10:43 Resume Writing presentation v3 how to write a resumeby Andrea Drew 4,543 views
- 2:15 Ezekiël 25:17 : Sam De Bruyn presents a new school of DJ'sby RadioBelgique 1,681 views
- 9:15 Renault and Appro: The Design Process of Formula One Carsby ApproSupercomputers 804 views
- 10:30 The Stamps of Life 30 Second Card in 5 Minutes!! May Editionby Stephanie Barnard 706 views
- 5:53 The Gundersen Family - "Doxology/Poor Man's Son/Down To The River To Pray" // Ballard Sessionsby eratosthenesvideo's channel 89,260 views