Former POW says McCain is "not cut out to be President"
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Sep 2, 2008
John McCain has been exploiting his prisoner of war experience every chance he gets. He has used this story to justify everything from not knowing how many homes he has to his healthcare plan to his marital infidelities to his taste in music. The McCain campaign is even using his POW story in paid ads. But now a veteran who was a prisoner with McCain in Vietnam is explaining loud and clear that being a POW does not qualify McCain to lead our country.
We are sure this video will draw an onslaught of right-wing attacks, but we bring it to you because it is our job to continue to convey the truth together and give these issues national attention. As Dr. Butler has said, McCain does not have the temperament to have his finger near the red button. Get this video to everyone you know—friends, family members, coworkers, and especially those who don't share your political views. The video is designed to reach them. Get it on your social networking sites like Digg. And get it to every blog, newspaper, and TV station that has ever overplayed McCain's POW story. It is time to fight back with truth!
The mainstream press has already begun to call out McCain for overusing his POW story. And it's cut across all political persuasions. * "Whether he's deflecting criticism over his health-care plan or mocking a tribute to the Woodstock music festival, Senator John McCain has a trump card: the Hanoi Hilton. — Edwin Chen, Bloomberg * "Noun, Verb, POW" — Andrew Sullivan, The Atlantic Monthly * "The McCain campaign's constant invocation of the candidate's POW past is weird bordering on irrational..." — Ana Marie Cox, TIME * "I think they are going to it way too many times." — Howard Fineman, Newsweek
Remember how Joe Biden got the press to refer to Rudy Giuliani as "A noun, a verb, and 9/11"? Well, let's actually take Andrew Sullivan's lead here and get the media to boil McCain down to a similar phrase: "A noun, a verb, and POW." Considering how often the McCain campaign invokes his POW story, isn't that what they're already doing?
Standard YouTube License
- 6:03 Hidden US Warcrimes against over 1 Million german POW's (Other Losses)by john Doe34,326 views
- 4:11 McCain POW Cellmate Speaks Out on McCain's Heroismby brkcmo9360,893 views
- 10:40 John Mccain Exposed By Vietnam Vets And Pow'sby Santiago Bustos17,823 views
- 3:48 BBC's interview with John McCain's torturer from Vietnamby presidentialvote38,289 views
- 10:40 John Mccain Exposed By Vietnam Vets And Pow'sby iwillspyonyou82,670 views
- 39:25 Lego City Undercover - Part 1 - Meet Chase McCainby DavetheUsher62,970 views
- 4:22 John McCain's Rage is a National Security Concernby bravenewpac999,071 views
- 8:47 Brutally honest interview with Steve Schmidt - Palin "is filled with anger, has a divisive message"by PalinGrifter2012175,388 views
- 10:00 Japanese POW Campsby yolol724,673 views
- 6:02 McCain Clashes With Vietnam Vetby msnbcReporter8,064 views
- 7:35 TPMtv: McCain Leaves Fox Speechlessby Veracifier1,451,890 views
- 4:38 President Obama Speaks on the Death of Nelson Mandelaby The White House130,802 views
- 2:58 Ellen Degeneres Vs. John McCain: Gay Marriageby Chris Hanson4,408,925 views
- 4:01 JOHN MCCAIN: $140 MILLION HYPOCRITE (McCain's Mansions)by TheRealElitist64,584 views
- 3:15 McCain's YouTube Problem Just Became a Nightmareby bravenewfilms9,120,512 views
- 1:18 John McCain & Miss Teen SC on Economicsby Brian Garcia842,949 views
- 1:13 Jon Stewart and John McCain laugh at Sarah Palin's expenseby SimplyShowBiz138,699 views
- 2:50 McCain Women's Clinicby bravenewpac69,064 views
- 4:31 President Obama Mourns the Death of Nelson Mandelaby WSJDigitalNetwork38,558 views
- 1:54 John McCain Gets Owned on Meet The Pressby Brice Bauman1,265,959 views
- Loading more suggestions...