Former POW says McCain is "not cut out to be President"
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Sep 2, 2008
John McCain has been exploiting his prisoner of war experience every chance he gets. He has used this story to justify everything from not knowing how many homes he has to his healthcare plan to his marital infidelities to his taste in music. The McCain campaign is even using his POW story in paid ads. But now a veteran who was a prisoner with McCain in Vietnam is explaining loud and clear that being a POW does not qualify McCain to lead our country.
We are sure this video will draw an onslaught of right-wing attacks, but we bring it to you because it is our job to continue to convey the truth together and give these issues national attention. As Dr. Butler has said, McCain does not have the temperament to have his finger near the red button. Get this video to everyone you know—friends, family members, coworkers, and especially those who don't share your political views. The video is designed to reach them. Get it on your social networking sites like Digg. And get it to every blog, newspaper, and TV station that has ever overplayed McCain's POW story. It is time to fight back with truth!
The mainstream press has already begun to call out McCain for overusing his POW story. And it's cut across all political persuasions. * "Whether he's deflecting criticism over his health-care plan or mocking a tribute to the Woodstock music festival, Senator John McCain has a trump card: the Hanoi Hilton. — Edwin Chen, Bloomberg * "Noun, Verb, POW" — Andrew Sullivan, The Atlantic Monthly * "The McCain campaign's constant invocation of the candidate's POW past is weird bordering on irrational..." — Ana Marie Cox, TIME * "I think they are going to it way too many times." — Howard Fineman, Newsweek
Remember how Joe Biden got the press to refer to Rudy Giuliani as "A noun, a verb, and 9/11"? Well, let's actually take Andrew Sullivan's lead here and get the media to boil McCain down to a similar phrase: "A noun, a verb, and POW." Considering how often the McCain campaign invokes his POW story, isn't that what they're already doing?
Standard YouTube License
- 1:18 John McCain & Miss Teen SC on Economicsby Brian GarciaFeatured 842,230
- 10:03 POW's Say John McCain Is A Lying Skunk !!!!! HTS 020908 p2by harrythomasinfo 81,268 views
- 2:24 Sarah Palin Supporter Destroyed on Live TVby BoxTheTube 162,129 views
- 8:38 John McCain Losing His Coolby 4powfreedom 847,139 views
- 7:45 Vietnam Veterans Against McCainby VETSAGAINSTMCCAIN 283,834 views
- 6:36 The video that should sink John McCain's presidential dreamsby mccainsnightmare 504,946 views
- 2:58 Ellen Degeneres Vs. John McCain: Gay Marriageby Chris Hanson 4,107,626 views
- 1:01 Thank John McCain - support @ TruthandHope.orgby vote4thefuture 310,983 views
- 0:14 McCain Calls Americans "My Fellow Prisoners"by ThePatriotsMaxims 19,615 views
- 1:22 Obama Is Right: McCain Was Wrongby HuffPolitics 442,130 views
- 1:03 Newly Found Video Shows McCain's P.O.W. Releaseby AssociatedPress 57,871 views
- 3:58 John McCain in "Missing, Presumed Dead"by VETSAGAINSTMCCAIN 228,290 views
- 10:40 John Mccain Exposed By Vietnam Vets And Pow'sby Santiago Bustos 12,417 views
- 4:22 John McCain's Rage is a National Security Concernby bravenewpac 998,501 views
- 1:04 Approval Ratings: The Public v. McCainby CartwrightDale 348,597 views
- 0:10 McCain thinks Putin is the President of Germanyby Aboogleu 228,340 views
- 4:10 Former POW says McCain is "not cut out to be President"by bravenewpac 133,460 views
- 0:39 John McCain Gets Mad On Senate Floor During Health Care Debateby RandomClips2008 40,328 views
- 8:37 Clinton Kicks the Crap out of Fox News Part 2by prezjackie 6,625,512 views
- 1:32 Obama Leaves McCain Dumbstruckby tpmtv 1,728,103 views
- Loading more suggestions...