Healthy Families BC: BC Families Breastfeeding Stories, lactating, how to breastfeed
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Sep 22, 2011
(Transcript to follow)
Learn about the importance of breastfeeding. BC families talk about their breastfeeding challenges, successes and provide advice for families.
Tara: "Lilly are you all done?...All done? [smiles] All done! Good girl, Lilly's all done."
Tara: "Well my breastfeeding experience overall...was..has been great! But of course it's been like up and down. The first time...well she was a c-section and so I was really worried that I might not...that the milk might not...come right away, or she wouldn't latch very well. And then I finally got to take her and try to feed her and she latched right away and it was such a relief because that had been something that I had been so worried about, that she wouldn't latch and ...you know...all those things. It was just SUCH a beautiful time. Just sitting there, staring at her for hours and hours and she wasn't all squirmy and trying to jump around like she is now."
Tara: "In terms of what I saw as benefits, I just love being close to her and feeling like, it's so affirming that you can feed your baby all on your own! To earn that trust for your own body as a woman, I think it's really powerful!
Andrea (Grandmother): "Tara talked about the health benefits of nursing and one thing to tell everyone is -- that it's preventative against breast cancer and ovarian cancer and ...um...and it's just so good for the baby."
Natacha: "Well, I plan on breast feeding our first baby just because it seems like it's the most natural and normal thing to do! And ..um...from what I've learned of breast feeding and breast milk -- breast milk is the most complete, most perfect that there is out there for little people. So in terms of advice to people, I think there might be some reading that can be done about it, some speaking with people about their experiences that I think could be really interesting.... "
Chica(Grandmother): "Surround yourself who are proactive, and who have done it, and who have been successful at it. My advice would be don't lose site that this is the normal way to do it and you're committed to doing the best for your baby."
Taryn: "My generation, I guess there is sort of ..it's more geared to breast feeding now than maybe it has been in the past? So when I was deciding whether or not to breastfeed, I mean, my friends were all breastfeeding and...it was... basically a no-brainer. So when I first started breastfeeding, it was really tough and the latch was difficult, but over time I just persevered and I just got advice from my mid-wife who would come over and help me with my latch. And the nurses at the hospital were also very helpful. Advice that I'd give to new mom's is to at least give it a try. And see if it can work for them and it's a special time for me and him that only me and him can share. It's been a good experience."
Ryan: "What surprised me was that ..uh...she for the first 6 months, she was just only on breastmilk. Nothing else. And it worked REALLY well. I was a little nervous, but then we listened to the doctor and they said, you know, you feed them breastmilk up to 6 months. We wanted to have a healthy baby, so, we were going for the breastfeeding for sure! And...it's been really good."
Anitia: [Laughs] "Yes. You liked it , didn't you?"
For more healthy living information visit: http://www.healthyfamiliesbc.ca/
Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/Healthyfamilybc
Find us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/HealthyFamili...
Check out our physical activity and healthy eating blogs: http://www.healthyfamiliesbc.ca/commu...
Standard YouTube License
- 4:47 Breastfeeding FTWby postbunnieFeatured 41,047
- 12:03 Lactating Nipples!!!by dailytattwo 63,695 views
- 4:11 basic tips for establishing breastfeeding.mp4by Mommy diaries 566,052 views
- 3:44 Extraordinary Breastfeeding toddlers older children Part 5.movby Canal de BebesEcologicos 15,920 views
- 7:33 Breastfeeding 2 & 28 Month Old -Tandem Nursingby xxxjoelpolexxx 557,701 views
- 7:25 Breastfeeding Another Woman's Babyby nnicholson1 196,110 views
- 5:08 breastfeedingby FoodiTube 3,522 views
- 3:32 Daphne Oseña-Paez advocates breastfeeding in Maguindanaoby loqalph 1,429 views
- 2:32 Hand Expression Tutorialby iBreastfeed 14,841,048 views
- 0:51 How To Use Nursing Pads For Nipplesby thebreasthealth 16,062 views
- 4:49 Breastfeeding- Relactating- Day 5,6 & 7by Kristin BirthGeek 1,339 views
- 20:26 3 Weeks Breastfeeding Updateby boricualove4u 159,009 views
- 7:14 English - Initiation of Breastfeeding by Breast Crawlby HealthTube.org 290,277 views
- 2:09 Breastfeeding 'Nurse In' at Trumbull Mallby WTNH's channel 12,301 views
- 10:06 All About Breastfeedingby Gerber® 878,601 views
- 6:24 Breast Feedingby slaxxxer 44,760 views
- 5:16 Chalean Extreme Week 1: 2 Weeks Post Partumby TruffleShuffleMama 836 views
- 9:20 "Feed the Future" World Breastfeeding Week 2011 Flashmob Tutorialby wabayouth's channel 4,265 views
- 1:35 Breastfeeding guide - Happy Mums Happy Bubs - sneak previewby happymumshappybubs 271,631 views
- 3:51 Inserting A Lactation Aid - Feeding Babyby momandbabyshop 450,190 views
- Loading more suggestions...