The Real America
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Jul 14, 2009
PASADENA CA - Recently, health care protesters gather at Orange and Hill Avenues weekly. You can join them or drive by and honk if you care to. Next one is Wednesday, July 22, 5PM.
Transcribed / translated version: http://dotsub.com/view/53e02314-d086-...
So why after 60 years of Republican blocked attempts at nationalized health care are we finally seeing some movement? It looks like things are so bad that the insurance companies aren't even making out. If things get bad enough for people and people cant afford to pay their bills, guess who gets screwed? The insurance companies who charged the outrageous premiums to begin with. Once again we see the authoritarian right digging their own grave. Keep up the good work guys. With any luck your kind will soon be extinct. Bailouts can't go on forever. At some point these greedy corporations will die if we refuse their services, whether out of necessity or not. The people have the power and always have. It's ultimately about cutting off the money. Now if only we could do this to Wall Street and The Pentagram.
Health care reform is no longer just a moral imperative, it is a fiscal imperative. If we want to create jobs and rebuild our economy, then we must address the crushing cost of health care this year, in this Administration. - President Barack Obama, White House Forum on Health Reform, 3/5/09
The following excerpts are from HeathReform.gov (http://tinyurl.com/l2ecdj):
With All These People Losing Jobs, A Lot Will Lose Their Health Insurance http://tinyurl.com/nvjmb7
The Wall Street Journal, Thursday, April 23, 2009 - President Obama has said that health reform cannot wait, must not wait, and will not wait another year. Today the Wall Street Journal cited evidence that illustrates why so many Americans cannot afford to wait another year for health reform. Layoffs are causing thousands of Americans to lose their health care coverage, and as was reported today, insurance companies are seeing their profits shrink as they lose members.
Insured, but Bankrupted by Health Crises http://tinyurl.com/l7q8sn
New York Times, 7/1/09 - It is commonly cited that nearly 50 million Americans go each year without health insurance. What is perhaps less apparent is that millions more are severely under-insured. The unfortunate reality is that even those with insurance are too often brought to financial ruin because of medical expenses.
Medical Bankruptcy http://tinyurl.com/ktupg2
South Florida Sun-Sentinel, 6/23/09 - Americans across the country are struggling to keep up with rising costs of medical bills, high deductibles, increasing premiums, and the escalating costs of prescription drugs. For some Americans health care costs result in medical bankruptcy. According to a new Harvard University study, 62% of bankruptcies in 2007 were caused by medical-related debt.
Standard YouTube License
- 8:04 Chris Matthews Unloads On Protester Who Carried Gun To Obama Eventby PoliticsNewsPolitics 233,910 views
- 3:20 Gun Liability Insurance: You Need $1 Million to Own a Gunby djgabrielpresents 1,073 views
- 14:11 California OneCare: Full Care, For All, For Lessby Don Schroeder 18,275 views
- 5:07 20/20: Michael Moore's Sicko Myth - Healthy in Cuba?by SouthSideSoxFan 33,147 views
- 4:56 Part 1 My Personal Storyby lesliecrawford 8,542 views
- 19:35 Health Care Controversiesby KPBSSanDiego 3,739 views
- 1:10 President Obama's Teleprompter Crashes During Speechby MiGustaTacoBell 3,141 views
- 1:53:40 The Obama Deception HQ Full length versionby ChangeDaChannel 12,903,640 views
- 9:36 Tropic of Capricorn - Part 1by MyszkaFilms 1,856 views
- 6:29 AMAZING BIBLE PROPHECIES ABOUT PRESIDENT OBAMAby thirdeaglebooks 525,323 views
- 6:09 ADVICE FOR COLLEGE STUDENTSby mohammedabshaun 1,500 views
- 5:19 The Power of The Beyonderby Nikkolas Mical 111,284 views
- 9:11 Wake Up America: We Need Real Health Care Reformby afriendofthepeople 1,187 views
- 2:41 Schumer Admission: Health Insurance Premiums Will Be Increased Because of Obamacareby WeAreTheSavageNation 287 views
- 2:36 Randall Terry: There Could be Violent Retribution for Healthcare Billby TheYoungTurks 12,944 views
- 4:09 Pasadena Fire DepartmentTraining Videoby rookieuser 3,099 views
- 7:06 Got Healthcare? Tough. This is America. Die.by RoanEpona 915 views
- 7:34 Healthcare Explainedby malekanoms 82,826 views
- 0:36 U.S. Firefighters losing jobs to mexicansby hondahater 3,862 views
- 7:00 The Nursing Shortage: A Crisis in America Healthcare 1 of 8by Greg Wyatt 25,350 views
- Loading more suggestions...