Sellassie in Support of MICHAEL MOORE VISIT AND OCCUPY OAKLAND
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Nov 1, 2011
Sellassie is interviewed on NBC Bay Area during the Michael Moore visit to Occupy Oakland.
SAN FRANCISCO HIP HOP ARTIST AND ACTIVIST SELLASSIE SUPPORTS THE GENERAL STRIKE ON NOVEMBER 2, 2011 WITH OCCUPY OAKLAND
San Francisco Hip Hop Artist, Activist and Entrepreneur Sellassie supports the Occupy Oakland General Strike on Nov 2, 2011 and quoting from his song, Newsflash, "I disturb to increase the peace and bring awareness to the beast." Sellassie has performed at the site, stood in solidarity with the Michael Moore visit, has marched the streets and was on the front line on Oct 25, 2011 when OPD injured Scott Olson the night of the Oakland Resistance.
Sellassie has carved his niche as a leading progressive voice in San Francisco Bay Area Hip Hop. With an acclaimed and award-winning debut release, I'm Tryin' to Make a Livin' Not a Killin' and recent follow-up, Sins of Your Forefathers this upcoming emcee has garnered a street level buzz with a fresh perspective. Sellassie is proof that there are young black artists that can make music that is creative, street, positive and smart. He stands firm to his message, has a charismatic presence and is evidence that not every rapper raps negatively, glorifying drugs, guns, women, money or their ego. He is also the creator and co-producer of the Independent Artist Series, We All We Got + 2Racks Rap Contest. With over 75+ shows on the calendar in the last 2 years in over 15 markets nationwide, the series have distinguished themselves as premier outlets for independent artists. He is also working with many social, political and youth based initiatives, and is a contributor to various special projects including the film, It Doesn't Cost Nothin' to Dream.
ABOUT THE GENERAL STRIKE:
Liberate Oakland, Shut Down the 1%
GENERAL STRIKE; MASS DAY OF ACTION
Wednesday November 2, 2011
Below is the proposal passed by the Occupy Oakland General Assembly on Wednesday October 26, 2011 in reclaimed Oscar Grant Plaza. 1607 people voted. 1484 voted in favor of the resolution, 77 abstained and 46 voted against it, passing the proposal at 96.9%. The General Assembly operates on a modified consensus process that passes proposals with 90% in favor and with abstaining votes removed from the final count.
We as fellow occupiers of Oscar Grant Plaza propose that on Wednesday November 2, 2011, we liberate Oakland and shut down the 1%.
We propose a city wide general strike and we propose we invite all students to walk out of school. Instead of workers going to work and students going to school, the people will converge on downtown Oakland to shut down the city.
All banks and corporations should close down for the day or we will march on them.
While we are calling for a general strike, we are also calling for much more. People who organize out of their neighborhoods, schools, community organizations, affinity groups, workplaces and families are encouraged to self organize in a way that allows them to participate in shutting down the city in whatever manner they are comfortable with and capable of.
The whole world is watching Oakland. Let's show them what is possible.
The Strike Coordinating Council will begin meeting everyday at 5pm in Oscar Grant Plaza before the daily General Assembly at 7pm. All strike participants are invited. Stay tuned for much more information and see you next Wednesday.
FOR INFORMATION on SELLASSIE:
Gina Gallo for Inhouse Talent
415 596 7050
Standard YouTube License
- 1:48:29 Peter Schiff educates misguided people at occupy wall street.by us chronicle34,901 views
- 14:51 Michael Moore Uncut HD @ Auraria Campus 11/03/2011 (Part 5 of 6)by Tom Grushka264 views
- 10:41 Snatch and Grab, Arrests, and Tear Gas at Occupy Oakland 5-1-2012by billmarczak27,129 views
- 30:51 Free the Network: Hackers Take Back the Webby MotherboardTV135,212 views
- 3:15 Vet vs NYPD: Marine turns tables on cop gang mentalityby RT448,111 views
- 5:25 Michael Moore's 'Capitalism: A Love Story' - Pilots on Food Stampsby mmflint155,431 views
- 5:17 Former Soviet Citizen Confronts Socialists at Occupy Wall Street (Part 1, full version)by Vladimir Jaffe77,347 views
- 18:46 Peter Schiff Speaks for 1 Percent at Occupy Wall Streetby ReasonTV481,266 views
- 12:47 26 OCT Alternative Breaking News Iss#12 - Occupy Melbourne Brutality | Asteroid | Mexico Floodingby beauradleyJEDi785 views
- 8:10 Occupy Oakland mass arrest attempt caught on videoby RT America31,356 views
- 3:24 The Newsroom - Occupy Wallstreet Interviewby Josh O'Driscoll25,919 views
- 4:43 Occupy Oakland: The Battle of Oak Streetby brandon jourdan52,145 views
- 2:20 Occupy LA supports Oakland protests - Press TV Newsby presstvmobile392 views
- 9:25 Michael Moore stops by Occupy Portlandby Vistamister513 views
- 3:52 Dumb Liberal Hippies Don't Know Why They're Protestingby UFPnews587,102 views
- 9:14 PNN TV- Poor Peoples Decolonizing (Occupying) in Oakland and San Franciscoby PoorNewsNetwork/Prensa POBRE237 views
- 2:36 Ice T's gun comment leaves Moore coldby CNN1,068,412 views
- 35:33 Michael Moore Speech at Occupy Oaklandby milkshakeman513111 views
- 12:45 Michael Moore Joins Wisconsin Labor Protests: "America Is Not Broke"by mediagrrl93,720 views
- 8:06 CNN: Michael Moore Comments on Muslim Americans-Ground Zero Mosqueby ptktcsalman7,042 views
- Loading more suggestions...