Rachel Maddow: GOP Expunging Any Trace Of Romney Campaign
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Jan 25, 2013
Remember Mitt Romney? Well, it appears the Republican party is doing its best to move past the failed campaign of their last presidential nominee. Rachel Maddow noticed how much the GOP is trying to move past Romney and looking to the future, but according to Maddow, they have not learned any other lessons from past losses in Senate races, continuing to kick out solidly conservative candidates for ones even further-right.
Maddow opened with the news that Georgia senator Saxby Chambliss announced he will not be seeking re-election in 2014, possibly because he risked facing a primary challenge from the right. Maddow ran through a list of potential successors to Chambliss, including Herman Cain, the pizza magnate-turned-presidential candidate; Congressman Paul Broun, a member of the House Science Committee who thinks evolution and the Big Bang are "lies from the pit of hell"; and Congressman Phil Gingrey, who recently attempted to defend the rape language used by former colleague Todd Akin.
Maddow read the tea leaves to conclude that the GOP has not learned its lessons about replacing solidly conservative members with even more conservative members so far to the right they end up losing easy elections, citing races from Akin to Richard Mourdock to even Christine O'Donnell in 2010.
Turning to Romney, Maddow found it striking that the presidential candidate did not come to D.C. for the inauguration, but did come to the district today for an event in his honor. But not that many people are interested in honoring him, for, as Maddow noticed, the Republican party appears to be doing all it can to distance itself from the Romney campaign. She highlighted a quote saying that there is no "Romney faction" of the GOP and no one feels the need to be "loyal to the Romney position." In fact, many Republicans are unhappy that the Romney campaign took too much control over the RNC in the 2012 race.
Maddow said that while it's one thing for the Republicans to purge itself of "anything Romney," the party remains in denial about the rest of its problems and its more extreme candidates. But now that they've moved on past Romney, Maddow dryly remarked, "now they can go back to all the winning."
Standard YouTube License
- 16:57 Rachel Maddow Brutally Tears Dick Morris Apart. WOW. OUCH!!by Les GrossmanFeatured 66,636
- 11:53 Republican Extremist Lunatics Shamed by Rachel Maddowby krumble104 29,320 views
- 10:27 THE RACHEL MADDOW SHOW - SEPERATION OF CHURCH AND STATE?by Mso Wolf 8,849 views
- 12:03 Maddow: Meet The "Brand" New Republican Party: Surprise! It's The Same Old Republican Party!by incitebytes 6,845 views
- 5:08 The stupid party? As Rachel Maddow predicted, GOP re-elects Reince Priebus leaderby lordlydayofthelord 2,011 views
- 18:21 Rachel Maddow - Republicans Live In An 'Evidence-Free Right-Wing World' - Feb 1, 2013by JamaicanMon 25,077 views
- 4:56 Rachel Maddow - Virginia GOP Pushes for New Pro Republican Gerrymandering Bill - Jan 23, 2013by JamaicanMon 886 views
- 12:40 Rachel Maddow - Tea Party Brings Cricus Back To State Of The Union - Feb 11, 2013by JamaicanMon 21,756 views
- 7:44 Rachel Maddow: Reid, 60 is the new 60by Alan Eric 2,656 views
- 10:46 Maddow: Conservatives Love Liberal Policies, Except When They Learn That Obama Supports Themby incitebytes 6,113 views
- 6:17 Rachel Maddow -- Rebublicans get burned by The Constitution and one of their ownby thefutureprez2016 2,130 views
- 17:30 Rachel Maddow Is Pissed. A Special Place In Hellby ONEINDACHAMBER187 48,674 views
- 16:38 Rachel Maddow Celebrates Roe v. Wade On Its 40th Anniversaryby ThePrincessHira 2,632 views
- 13:14 Rachel Maddow Responds to NRA Attacking Obama - Right-Wing Media "Trolling" - Jan 16, 2013by JamaicanMon 34,378 views
- 14:03 msnbc - rachel maddow handles ruby ridge, waco and okc bombing damage control - 90's flashbackby spydat3k0 1,668 views
- 11:16 Rachel Maddow Bids 112th Congress Farewell, Extends 'John Boehner Is Bad At His Job Hypothesis'by ThePrincessHira 3,081 views
- 13:35 NRA Fades from Important to Impotent - Rachel Maddow - Air Date 1-9-13by TheBestOfTheLeft 826 views
- 6:14 Rachel Maddow's Hilarious Rick Santorum Updateby ThePrincessHira 12,569 views
- 15:01 Rachel Maddow - Ryan overlooks own $20 million stimulus request while opposing stimulusby Licentiathe8th 7,944 views
- 13:10 Rachel Maddow "republicans DESPISE Women, Big Surprise!"by mccainisthroughX 11,144 views
- Loading more suggestions...