James Camden Sikes - "Baby Jamesie"
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Jul 14, 2011
Fotolanthropy: Real Stories. Real People. Real Inspiration.
Fotolanthropy is a movement of photographers and filmmakers across the country that donates a portrait session, coffee book album and images to an inspiring family that has faced hard times. With this special story a short film has been created. Fotolanthropy is funded by the Fotostrap: the camera strap that gives back! To support our mission shop at: http://www.fotostrap.com
Our first Fotolanthropy story to share is one of a beautiful and courageous baby boy, James Camden Sikes. Sweet "Jamesie" is just 8 months old and has been diagnosed with a brain tumor. If you have time, please visit the family's blog to learn more in detail about James's fight against this tumor at www.jamescamdensikes.blogspot.com. His parents, Matthew and Kara, have shown inspiring faith and bravery during this time. I know my words could never compare to theirs. We met the Sikes family at Children's Hospital for his Fotolanthropy session. To ensure Jamesie's comfort, we filmed and photographed the session on the hospital campus. James is truly a perfect gift and his blue eyes will be with you forever. He has endured so much pain from his numerous surgeries but his blue eyes still shine with his inner light. I have been working on this project with an overwhelming humbleness and floods of tears trying to comprehend what Matthew and Kara must be going through. They are now back at home, allowing James to be in the comfort of his house as he fights for each moment. I found comfort in Kara's words from her blog, "James must be one of God's angels on loan to us." James is just 8 months old and has touched more lives than most do in a lifetime. He has inspired prayer and compassion, and I know his light will always shine in anyone who has heard or seen his story.
Matthew and Kara,
May the outpouring of love and prayer be abundant to you, and thank you for allowing us to meet your incredible angel, James.
Standard YouTube License
- Buy "This Little Light Of Mine" on
- 4:30 Lincoln's Cancer Storyby beachblndxo805 Featured 5,270
- 21:12 The Story of Baby James Nicholasby Jordan Allott11,015 views
- 12:16 Amazing Angel Story: The Boy Who Almost Died! [Short Film HD]by breakyourworldrecord24,083 views
- 12:47 Fotolanthropy Film: "Unexpected Joy"by Fotolanthropy13,159 views
- 4:19 In Loving Memory Of The Coble Childrenby Lost1Jazz607,726 views
- 1:53:42 Love letter to GOD.wmvby krissyraine13185,289 views
- 7:13 How To Bathe Your Baby, Head First, Part 2 of 4by HealthyButJuicy2,896 views
- 8:34 Dad Gives Toddler Battling Brain Cancer Medical Marijuanaby KXLY282,124 views
- 7:18 Fotolanthropy Film: "The Road Ahead"by Fotolanthropy2,254 views
- 3:58 Honoring an EB Soldier - Ben Jr. Epidermolysis Bullosa Awarenessby Christie Zink6,426 views
- 1:49:16 Letters To God (2010)by Kinero21595,410 views
- 9:31 Lennox Gastaut Syndromeby Denae Ayers30,121 views
- 3:45 The Travis Alexander Storyby Speak 4 Those Who Can't26,143 views
- 4:35 What do I know of Holy? - Addison Roadby Whitneymsewell80,163 views
- 3:38 Dannion Brinkley and Dr Melvin Morse on Larry Kingby Melvin Morse6,245 views
- 2:10:54 ✫ 2 HORAS ✫ Canciones de Cuna para arrullar a tu bebé - Dormir y Relajar - Efecto Mozart #by lunacreciente1,716,605 views
- 3:29 Addison Road - "Sticking With You"by DaystarTV4,495 views
- 7:17 Mother's Inspirational Video of Blind Baby Boy - Lacey and Christian Buchananby Lacey Buchanan148,025 views
- 4:27 Lacey and Christian Buchanan, Stars of Inspirational Video, on Fox17by foxnashville47,047 views
- 12:19 Awake Brain Tumor Surgery cby Fortis Healthcare790,016 views
- Loading more suggestions...