Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Jan 17, 2012
C.P. Company was set up in 1975, and soon became an essential point of reference for the fashion of the day.
Ever since its earliest beginnings, C.P. Company has been driven by two strategic concepts:
1 thorough research into functional and usable garments derived from military uniforms and work wear;
- Uniforms have always combined practicality with elegance. Even the smallest details are finished to fulfil the functions for which they were designed. Thanks to accurately controlled size, shape and weight, carefully chosen fabrics, and clever confection, uniforms have always been ideal for men with a specific job to do. And because they represent a certain status, uniforms are also a symbol of elegance.
Years of constant research have enabled C.P. Company to build up an archive of thousands of garments dating from the end of last century to today. This valuable heritage provides a solid basis for much of the company's know-how.
- To complement these historical roots, C.P. Company also undertakes constant research into new fabrics, finished garment designs and production processes.
C.P. Company is continuously testing new finished garment dying processes, in which garments are first confectioned and then dyed and treated to obtain the desired appearance.
In a world in which more and more emphasis is being placed on the uniqueness of the individual, and drab uniforms are being worn less and less, the innovative, rule-breaking yet elegant dress philosophy of C.P. Company is becoming increasingly relevant. It is also being imitated with ever greater frequency -- though never equalled -- as a symbol of intelligent individuality, practical functionality and refined taste. Especially loved by city people, C.P. Company's collections are perfect for men and women who appreciate how the brand's cultural heritage combines the best traditions of functionality with a quest for avant-garde, even dreamlike styling with a taste for the future.
The main steps in the history of C.P. Company are:
In the early 1970s, Massimo Osti, a young graphic designer working in advertising, created a collection of T-shirts with printed designs, using full colour and screen printing methods then normally reserved for printing on paper. Following the success of this first collection of T-shirts, Osti accepted an offer to design a complete menswear collection and became a partner in the company that planned to manufacture it. It was Osti himself who insisted on the brand name Chester Perry (later to become C.P. Company), taken from the name of the company in which the famous cartoon character Bristow, drawn by Frank Dickens, works.
In 1984 Osti sold his shares in C.P. Company to GFT (Gruppo Finanziario Tessile) but stayed on as the brand's stylist.
In 1985 C.P. Magazine, an extra-large format magazine-catalogue sold through newsagents, appeared.
In 1988, acting as sponsor to the Mille Miglia classic car race, C.P. Company opened a new channel of communications and was inspired to create the Mille Miglia jacket, popularly known as the Goggle Jacket in homage to the drivers of this historical race.
In 1991 the company inaugurated its C.P. shop in the famous Flatiron Building in New York.
In 1993 the C.P. Company brand was acquired by Carlo Rivetti's Sportswear Company. The new company focused on re-launching the brand and developed new dyeing, washing and coating processes to create new textiles for its collections. The convertible technical jackets introduced between 1999 and 2001 are a good example of the products of this period.
In 2008, C.P. Company decided to show its products at the Milan Men's Fashion Show.
In 2010 Carlo Rivetti sold a well established C.P. Company to FGF Industry Spa, headed by stylist and businessman Enzo Fusco.
Standard YouTube License
- 3:12 MA.STRUM Jackets Spring/Summer 2012 from Designer Boutique Menswearby MrDesignerBoutique1,575 views
- 5:22 CP Company - M - A/W - 09by pambiancotv1,785 views
- 1:52 Andre Bentzer & Kristian Akergren / Henry Cotton's SS 2012by liikafiliika1,144 views
- 4:22 Blauer e CP Company S/S 2012: ce ne parla Enzo Fuscoby blogosfere739 views
- 4:07 "C.P. Company" Autumn Winter 10 11 Menswear Paris 1 of 3 pret a porter men by FashionChannelby Fashion Channel47 views
- 2:59 fashiontv | FTV.com - BACKSTAGE CP COMPANY - MILAN FASHION WEEK HOM AH 2005/2006by FashionTV1,993 views
- 3:15 fashiontv | FTV.com - C.P. COMPANY - MEN S/S 2010 MILANby fashiontvFMEN36 views
- 0:59 Pitti Bimbo - Making of CP Company Undersixteen Blauer Junior Eventby Modaonlive351 views
- 3:37 "Menswear Report Martin Guy CP Company Sfera Fissore" Autumn Winter 1983 1984 Milan Menswear by Canale Modaby Fashion Channel36 views
- 0:56 C.P. Company Fashion Kidsby MaxM2010144 views
- 5:08 Alex & Sierra "Say Something" in an unplugged performance! - THE X FACTOR USA 2013by The X Factor USA1,494,491 views
- 3:24 World's Strongest Coffee -- LÜT #34by Vsauce21,781,120 views
- 4:09 Saturday - Rebecca Black & Dave Days - Official Music Videoby rebecca11,743,656 views
- 3:33 NFL Bans Daniel Defense Super Bowl Ad Responseby Colion Noir1,770,540 views
- 4:36 Jamie Lynn Spears - Ms. Mississippi/Oops!... I Did It Againby Trevor Collins614,249 views