Published on Jun 5, 2014
All you need to make a good steak is good quality meat, salt, and pepper. It's that simple, which is great because having three boys (my husband included) at home who love their red meat can put you on the spot! In making a steak countless number of times at home, this has become my go to recipe for THE perfect steak. It's a great dish for any time of the year, whether you want a backyard picnic or a hearty fireside meal. Just make sure to use a napkin!
COOKING THE ULTIMATE STEAK
1.5 inch piece of Rib Eye steak
1 tbspn butter
2-3 garlic cloves with skin on
Fresh herbs (thyme, rosemary, oregano, etc.)
Cracked black pepper
1. Let the steak come to room temperature.
2. Preheat the oven to 350F and your pan for 8-10 minutes.
3. Season the steak all over with salt and pepper.
4. Drizzle olive oil all over.
5. Put the steak in the pan and let it sit for 2 minutes. There should be a nice crust at this point. Turn it over.
5. Add butter and cook for another 2 minutes, basting the steak repeatedly.
6. Add garlic and fresh herbs on top and place the pan in the oven.
7. Cook for 2 minutes. Check every 2 minutes until you reach your desired temperature (rare, medium, etc.) Try the thumb test!
8. Take the pan out and set the steak to cool for about 5 minutes to seal in the juices before slicing.
- Use a cast iron pan. The hotter you can get it, the better.
- Lots of marbling = lots of flavor!
- Use course black pepper to avoid burning the steak.
- If you find that you have undercooked the steak, you can either pan fry it some more or put it back in the oven for another minute.
Subscribe for new videos every other Thursday:
Farm to Table Family focuses on bringing the family together through healthy, tasty, and beautiful foods. The recipes are modern takes on traditional favorites inspired by the finest and freshest seasonal ingredients.
Music by Monte Mar
"Complicated Number "
Different Place EP