Night Warriors: DarkStalkers' Revenge Game Sample - Sega Saturn
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Aug 12, 2010
The Darkstalkers/Vampire series has always been a little rocky outside Japan and, while popular, I can't help but feel its growth was stunted a little prematurely. While most of the relevant titles have left Japan in some fashion, they were spread far and wide. Just take the U.S. console release history for example. Why was the original Darkstalkers only released for Playstation? Why was its sequel, Night Warriors (this) only released for Sega Saturn? I sorta understand why the third game wasn't released in the U.S. for Sega Saturn, but why couldn't it have been on the Dreamcast? Why is Darkstalkers Chronicle only released on the PSP (though it was in Japan for Dreamcast). Blah, blah, blah. I think its somewhat lop-sided release history prevented the series from reaching a broader audience, which is a shame because, well, it's a cool series.
Night Warriors is the proper second game in the Darkstalkers/Vampire series, and the first really good one. It features excellent audio/visuals, a good character roster, and lots of good gameplay elements such as chain combos, ES and EX attacks, the ability to strike people on the ground, techs from throws, counter attacks while guarding, and all of these aspects gave the characters an uncommon degree of flexibility for a fighter of the era. The A.I. is also cheap as hell if you let them (yet they can easily fall for certain attacks) and aren't so much skillful as they "read your mind", but it can't be helped. Still, even today, the game is awesome and beautiful as heck. My only real gripe is that some moves are just a little too slow; I know Felicia has slow recovery and this is highlighted in the manual, but there's a difference between slow and wide-open after 75 percent of your attacks, come on (and she's not the only one with slow recovery, but definately one of the worst offenders). She might as well be wearing a "Kick Me" sign, but you can find ways of making all the characters work in your favor, so it's all good. Can't really say much more than that.
This is a brief video showing a few things in the game. Enjoy.
Standard YouTube License
- 25:05 Night Warriors: Darkstalkers' Revenge [Sega Saturn] [Longplay]by Canal Nostallgia Brasil977 views
- 24:21 mr. Bones Game Sample - Sega Saturnby Vysethedetermined217,279 views
- 23:36 Night Warriors: Darkstalkers Revenge - Bishamon Hardest Mode - Turbo Speedby SoreThumbsBill564 views
- 15:30 Let's Listen: Darkstalkers Revenge (Arcade) - Rikuo/Aulbath's Theme (Extended)by SilentWeaponsIII2,085 views
- 4:13 Darkstalkers - Openingsby Galaga Forever65,661 views
- 59:41 Master System Longplay  Sonic the Hedgehog 2by cubex5572,947 views
- 40:21 Night Warriors Darkstalkers' Revenge - Episode 1by DARKCRZEROX50,580 views
- 22:58 Vampire Hunter Demitri playthrough (SEGA Saturn)by Rage Quitter 871,246 views
- 10:02 Night Warriors: Darkstalkers Revenge Gameplayby marcilona14,357 views
- 6:00 SEGA Master System commercial compilation HDby uberretroguy10,702 views
- 11:38 Golden Axe: The Duel Game Sample - Sega Saturnby Vysethedetermined27,540 views
- 20:01 VAMPIRE SAVIOR ultimate combo video by TKOby keyboardmasterTKO42,333 views
- 9:57 Vampire Savior EX PS2 Edition - Another Walkthrough With Dee The Unknown Darkstalker.by ShinMamoruX2K46,267 views
- 4:21 Vampire Hunter 2 (Darkstalkers 2) Felicia Playthrough (1/2)by DanielH2046,073 views
- 8:25 Video Game History Month: Sega Saturnby gamespot65,188 views
- 2:45 Resident Evil 5 *Funny* glitch!by TI2ophy90,596 views
- 17:31 DarkStalkers 3 (Vampire Savior) - Jon Talbain/Gallon Playthroughby DarkmanXneo26,722 views
- 2:24:38 SNES Longplay  Super Mario Kartby cubex55384,427 views
- 7:22 Haitani vs Sako - EVO2012 - Vampire Savior Grand Finalsby b3nner35,426 views
- 10:01 Darkstalkers 3 - Lilith Playthroughby Rachel Phoenix37,304 views
- Loading more suggestions...