The Costs of Capitalism's Crisis: Who Will Pay?
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Jan 27, 2012
Economics Professor Richard Wolff details the problems of capitalism and urges our recognizing its obsolescence and replacing it with institutions that truly serve the people.
Talk at Church of All Souls in New York City, January 24, 2012.
Camera, audio: Joe Friendly
And now, a little surprise, my Plan for Peaceful Revolution.
Here's a New York City citizen's effort to put in clear and simple terms a next step for Occupy, a plan to achieve the fundamental changes we need to create a rational, moral order,
The People need to begin considering a peaceful revolution along these lines:
Whereas the US Government has become terminally corrupt with bribery ruling Washington, and in the service of the rich has turned against its people and in violation of treaties it has signed and in violation of international law has made war against and invaded so many countries, has shamed us before the world by engaging in torture, has taken steps like NDAA toward fascism, and our economic system is failing,
Therefore, the American people will ceremoniously withdraw their consent from the current government in Washington and instead give a new group of leaders their consent to conduct government after this group has launched national and local thinking sessions, on the internet, live-streaming from the job site and the neighborhood, what's wrong and how to make it right, to save the planet and promote planetary prosperity so humanity thrives, how to create a fair, just, wise, sustainable economic system that cherishes human dignity, fosters both community and individuality.
We recognize that commercialism/capitalism is a mentality so lacking in morality that it should no longer be the basis of our economic order. We give new meaning to money in our lives. We come to realize the need to rescue our culture from commercialism, that it is an irresponsible, pathological, degenerative force, that has degraded us, urged a preoccupation with appearances, a status system based on wealth and looks, not inner workings of mind and heart, failed to encourage and bring out the good in human nature, caring about people.
We face squarely the complicity of our commercial media in the corruption, how they have fooled us with lies and tricks, hid the truth from us, chosen stories to produce and present that fail to nurture the good in human nature. As a whole people we begin to wake up to a destructive US foreign policy, hearing from victims the sad and shameful truth about US wrongdoing country by country. The US has been a monster unto the world, not a force for freedom and democracy as it has claimed.
We the people must alas wake up and be a positive force in the world and restore good will!
Joe Friendly's currently Proposed Candidates for Government-in-waiting to conduct a national discussion about what's wrong and what The People can wisely choose as an alternative:
Ellen H. Brown
James K. Galbraith
David Ray Griffin
Barbara Marx Hubbard
Mark Crispin Miller
William Rivers Pitt
Katrina vanden Heuvel
(I have not contacted these folks as of Feb 7, 2012)
Standard YouTube License
- 1:32:42 The Economic Crisis and Globalization - Part 1: The Economic Crisis, An Overviewby cure2arthritis Featured 3,094
- 2:54:27 Chris Hedges "Brace Yourself! The American Empire Is Over & The Descent Is Going To Be Horrifying!"by MOXNEWSd0tC0M686,723 views
- 2:07:17 A Cure for Capitalism - Palo Altoby RichardDWolff19,096 views
- 1:49:52 Global Capitalism: June 2013 Monthly Updateby RichardDWolff18,898 views
- 1:05:16 How Corporations Destroyed American Democracy - Chris Hedges.by PHubb110,971 views
- 57:44 Richard Wolff on US Wages, American Exceptionalism, Consumerism, and Capitalismby SIMAY2K6,400 views
- 1:34:25 Occupying Our Future: Solutions to Capitalist Crisisby WeAreManyMedia30,992 views
- 19 videos Play all Richard Wolffby LordEreinionXXV
- 1:39:45 Capitalism Is The Crisis (Full Movie)by CapitalismCrisis297,504 views
- 1:30:20 Global Capitalism - April 2013 - Richard D Wolffby RichardDWolff13,658 views
- 2:02:21 Why the Economic Crisis Deepens | The New Schoolby The New School78,228 views
- 29:55 The Collapse of The American Dream Explained in Animationby doctordude2,681,608 views
- 12:37 How Class Works - Richard Wolff Examines Classby Rothsstepchild2,801 views
- 1:45:43 Neoliberalism and the Cityby UChannel12,790 views
- 1:21:23 Chris Hedges: Call to Actionby Joe Friendly7,771 views
- 1:51:09 Global Capitalism - Nov 2012 - Professor Richard D Wolffby RichardDWolff10,758 views
- 56:37 Michael-Parenti-January-6-2012-Democracy and the Pathology of Wealthby brightpathvideo22,000 views
- 1:25:00 23 Things They Don't Tell You About Capitalismby lsewebsite49,091 views
- 1:22:23 Chris Hedges' Empire of Illusion | The New Schoolby The New School108,957 views
- 1:51:34 Global Capitalism October 2013 Monthly Updateby RichardDWolff11,105 views