Published on Jun 7, 2014
Second Performance Test Video against Stemdragon.
(1st was during Ops Week)
Purpose: To do a TOPGEARish approach.. why not take one of the fastest machine we can lay our hands on and test the state and improvements of the WS Engine
------ performance and scaling test under raid conditions on x86 pc architecture --------
This is the first World Boss to encounter, basically quickly after exiting the tuorial (maybe AngryJoe should play 5 min longer next time he tries WS xD )
improvements since vid1:
- load distribution seem to have improved
- performance raised somehwat.
all in all rel poor load distribution around multiple logical units (i can background-render this vid in software and barely lose fps)
interesting also that the fight starts with all AE effects in place around 65+ fps and ends at stemdragons defeat at below 40 fps with roughly the same amount of players and effects on the screen.
- the fps remains at 50% and less after the fight even though all particle effects, animations etc stopped compared with the max fps before the combat initiation and will not really recover.
- further, the fps-loss will not recover after the fight (compare pre-figth and post-fight)
no mem leak encountered during that raid (bijitplates addon with fixed memleak used)
further notes: ( i am pointing these out because i like this game)
- stemdragon has still no sounds, no VR world impact of whatsoever kind
- stemdragon mirrors were removed (see video 1 and their horrible clipping issues)
- grass animation still to be improved (See end of the video min 19:00)
- stemdragon has no physical presence (you can always run through) ie collision detection. combined with the missing sound it feels like a bloated videogamey sprite from them ol´games. its still fun though. WS should copy TERAs approach.for Big ass monsters encounters: collision detection on run-through tries, but none if you use a special like dodging or skill. best of both principles. ie you can run through using a skill or special.
ps: the UI shows some skill/AMP not distributed. thats a harmless but persistend ui bug i already submitted during beta.
// setup details:
220.127.116.1114 @ 2580x1440,fxaa5, ingame settings: see end of vid.
- win7, all crap off, core parking off full e-sport config. f-sec in gaming mode/ws set exception
- hw info in vid
- nforce remark: still using .81 beta driver. (not switching to whql which has only bug fixes for games i dont play)
music all kudos, (c) wave&awe @
intro & demo scene 1987 - 2005 farbrausch,neuro & paniq, future crew, purple motion & skaven, razor1911 & dubmood