Cool Science Experiment - Original Mentos Diet Coke Geyser
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Apr 10, 2009
Find out more information and check out other cool science experiments at http://www.stevespanglerscience.com/e... Here's the original Mentos diet coke geyser video from September 2005 that started the whole thing. Just a bottle and a roll of Mentos. This Spangler video has been duplicated on other sites, but this is the high quality original.
About Steve Spangler Science...
Steve Spangler is a celebrity teacher, science toy designer, speaker, author and an Emmy award-winning television personality. Spangler is probably best known for his Mentos and Diet Coke geyser experiment that went viral in 2005 and prompted more than 1,000 related YouTube videos. Spangler is the founder of www.SteveSpanglerScience.com, a Denver-based company specializing in the creation of science toys, classroom science demonstrations, teacher resources and home for Spangler's popular science experiment archive and video collection. Spangler is a frequent guest on the Ellen DeGeneres Show where he takes classroom science experiments to the extreme. Check out his pool filled with 2,500 boxes of cornstarch!
Cool Science Toys - http://www.SteveSpanglerScience.com
Sign up for the Experiment of the Week - http://www.stevespanglerscience.com/e...
Watch Spangler's Science Videos - http://www.stevespanglerscience.com/v...
Attend a Spangler Hands-on Science Workshop for Teachers - http://www.stevespanglerscience.com/t...
Visit Spangler's YouTube Channel - http://www.youtube.com/stevespanglers...
Join the conversation on Steve Spangler's blog - http://www.SteveSpangler.com
On the education side, Spangler started his career as a science teacher in the Cherry Creek School district for 12 years. Today, Steve travels extensively training teachers in ways to make learning more engaging and fun. His hands-on science boot camps and summer institutes for teachers inspire and teach teachers how to prepare a new generation for an ever-changing work force. Over the last 15 years, he has also made more than 500 television appearances as an authority on hands-on science and inquiry-based learning.
On the business side, Spangler is the founder and CEO of Steve Spangler Science, a Denver-based company specializing in the creation of educational toys and kits and hands-on science training services for teachers. The companys unique business strategies and viral creations have been featured in the Wall Street Journal, Inc. Magazine, Wired and TIME Magazine where online readers voted Steve Spangler #18 in the Top 100 Most Influential People of the Year for 2006 (what were they thinking?). You'll find more than 140 Spangler created products available online at SteveSpanglerScience.com and distributed to toy stores and mass-market retailers worldwide.
Spangler joined NBC affiliate 9News in 2001 as the science education specialist. His weekly experiments and science segments are designed to teach viewers creative ways to make learning fun. His now famous Mentos Geyser experiment, turning 2-liter bottles of soda into erupting fountains, became an Internet sensation in September 2005 when thousands of people started posting their own Mentos explosions on YouTube.com.
As founder of SteveSpanglerScience.com, Spangler and his design team have developed more than 140 educational toys and science-related products featured by mass-market retailers like Target, Wal-Mart, Toys R' Us, Discovery Channel Stores and over 1,400 independent specialty toy stores. His educational science catalog and on-line business offers more than a thousand science toys and unique learning resources. Recently, Spangler has been featured in the Wall Street Journal, Inc. Magazine, WIRED, the History Channel, Food Network and TIME Magazine where on-line readers voted Steve Spangler #18 in the Top 100 Most Influential People of the Year for 2006.
His recent appearances on the Ellen DeGeneres Show have taught viewers how to blow up their food, shock their friends, create mountains of foam, play on a bed of nails, vanish in a cloud of smoke and how to turn 2,500 boxes of cornstarch and a garden hose into a swimming pool of fun.
Standard YouTube License
- 17:16 100 Science Experiments You Can Do at Home Compilationby CrazyRussianHacker Featured 560,487
- 2:59 Mentos Geyser - Super Soda Dispenser 3000!by SteveSpanglerScience577,092 views
- 3:41 Pop Rocks MythBuster - Cool Science Experimentby SteveSpanglerScience1,392,155 views
- 2:07 Giant Smoke Rings - Cool Science Experimentby SteveSpanglerScience1,928,256 views
- 2:40 Soda Can Shake-Up - Cool Science Experimentby SteveSpanglerScience1,713,746 views
- 10:52 10 Amazing Science Experiments you can do with Eggsby Taras Kul318,544 views
- 2:33 Do Not Open Bottle - Cool Science Prankby SteveSpanglerScience1,029,506 views
- 6:24 Steve Spangler on The Ellen Show March 2009by SteveSpanglerScience738,134 views
- 3:46 Dry Ice Fun - Cool Science Experimentsby SteveSpanglerScience2,791,488 views
- 3:40 Giant Bubble Maker - Cool Science Experimentby SteveSpanglerScience224,004 views
- 4:14 Dry Ice Recipes - Cool Halloween Scienceby SteveSpanglerScience656,103 views
- 3:15 Tornado Tube - Cool Science Experimentby SteveSpanglerScience822,942 views
- 19 videos Play all Science Experimentsby ClancyRainbow
- 5:16 Diet Coke and Mentos Human Experiment **DON'T TRY THIS AT HOME** | Furious Peteby Furious Pete3,902,898 views
- 3:05 Flying Film Canisters - Cool Science Experimentby SteveSpanglerScience157,477 views
- 3:00 Skewer Through Balloon - Cool Science Experimentby SteveSpanglerScience2,428,539 views
- 2:38 Dry Ice Boo Bubblesby SteveSpanglerScience3,319,545 views
- 3:09 Superheated Steam - Cool Science Experimentby SteveSpanglerScience364,130 views
- 3:59 Genie in a Bottle - Cool Science Experimentby SteveSpanglerScience672,327 views
- 2:20 Cornstarch Walk on Water - Spangler on The Ellen Showby SteveSpanglerScience454,655 views