Dear 40-Year-Old Me | Illinois Safe Schools Alliance
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Apr 19, 2012
Featuring Alliance Youth Committee members and other youth involved with our work, we hope this video inspires you to get involved in making schools better places for ALL youth, especially those that are lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender.
Some immediate actions you can take today:
1) Like us on Facebook & sign-up for our e-newsletter at http://www.illinoissafeschools.org/jo... to stay up-to-date on our work!
2) Donate today at http://www.illinoissafeschools.org by clicking the Donate Now! button and help support the mission and vision of the Alliance!
3) Visit http://www.illinoissafeschools.org to download, print, and hang proudly the latest in a series of Alliance posters!
More on the video: As the young people share personal, raw anecdotes about their lives, a universal theme emerges: change is both possible and empowering. The stories trace how young people have transformed through their involvement with the Alliance, from feeling marginalized to being an integral part of policy changes at both a district and statewide level.
We believe the personal journeys highlighted in the video will spark change and promote understanding in all who view it. We encourage you to take a second and share it with your colleagues, friends, and family in Illinois and elsewhere.
Created in eight weeks by a volunteer team of creative professionals from EPIC, "Dear 40-Year-Old Me" was inspired by this video for the David Cornfield Melanoma Fund: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4jgUc....
Danny Schuman, Writer & Creative Director
Jerem Sloan, Editor & Producer
Liz Cook, Elaine Lopez & Monina Velarde, Art Directors
Jill Mannor & Jacqueline Ostrowski, Project Managers
Jamey Lundblad, EPIC Board Member
Erin Huizenga, EPIC Founder/Executive Director
Katie Kowaloff, EPIC Program Director
Jim Annerino, Owner, Smoke Online Artist
Sean Halvorsen, Director & Director of Photography
Annelise Smith, Data Wrangler & Assistant Editor
Cory Coken, Owner, Sound Design & Mix
Nick Ray Harris, Location Audio
Devin Delaney & Kate Steinberg, Music Composition
Nolo Digital Film
Joe Flannigan, Owner, Producer
Mike Matusek, Owner, Colorist
Elliot Rudmann, Colorist
Sara Philips, Camera Operator
Bob Vonderau, Camera Operator
For more information on EPIC and its work, please visit: http://iamepic.org/.
Standard YouTube License
- 5:22 Dear 16 year old me,by Julia HuntFeatured 8,118
- 10:39 IT COULD HAPPEN TO YOUby shanebitneycrone 3,812,236 views
- 2:42 Dear 15 year old meby Kat Forder 128,358 views
- 5:04 Dear 16-year-old Meby DCMFCanada 6,401,476 views
- 3:46 Interview with a One-Year-Oldby Mr. Arturo Trejo & Amigos 2,790,221 views
- 2:03 It Gets Better from the IGRAby TheRodeoCowboys 8,164 views
- 3:40 Dear 16 year old me...by Daisukiyo 17,516 views
- 2:03 Secondsby Marko Slavnic 525,747 views
- 3:41 Unleash the Noise - Dear 16 Year Old Meby ericwindeler 3,250 views
- 4:58 Dear 17 year old meby MissMikaela48 1,090 views
- 6:28 It Gets Better at the University of South Carolinaby University of South Carolina 7,504 views
- 4:54 It Gets Better- Palos Verdes High Schoolby birdbrother164 4,749 views
- 1:03 Book People Uniteby rifweb 367,602 views
- 4:40 Safe Schools for Every Childby noteworthycauses2 2,331 views
- 0:25 The Office - Foreign Languagesby LukeDaDuke2 93,773 views
- 2:20 Dear 12 Year Old Meby PrestonwoodStudents 745 views
- 0:33 Safe Schoolsby YesOnOne 15,612 views
- 2:33 Moneyball [last scene]by J.Luis Martínez 471,580 views
- 3:05 Yiruma - River Flows In Youby TPL Tan 23,517,338 views
- 8:02 "It Gets Better" — Love, Pixarby PixGetsBetter 1,398,363 views
- Loading more suggestions...