Reggie Jackson Steals Home & Extra Innings. Oct 12 - This Day In Baseball
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Oct 14, 2011
Reggie Jackson - http://www.thebaseballpage.com/player...
Post Season - http://www.thebaseballpage.com
Oct. 12, 1972 -- In game 5 of the American League Championship Series the A's, win 2-1 over the Detroit Tigers. The deciding run comes in the second inning with Mickey Lolitch on the mound, Mike Epstein on first, and Reggie Jackson on third when A's Manager Dick Williams flashes the sign for a double steal. Reggie bounded down the third base line on the delayed steal as Tiger's shortstop Dick McAuliffe cut off the throw to second and fired it back to A's Catcher Bill Freehan. Reggie and Freehan collided and Jackson was called safe at the plate. Sal Bando, A's Captain, recalled that "Reggie had an unusual way of sliding. He would jump up, then leave his feet." Whether it was the slide or the collision, this time it would result in a torn left hamstring that would force Reggie to leave the game and keep him from appearing in the '72 World Series. Jackson is the only player to ever steal home in league championship play. After the chaos of that hard fought series Dick Williams was quoted as saying that he slept like a baby. That is, he "woke up every two hours crying".
October 12, 1980 - The Philadelphia Phillies defeat the Houston Astros, 8 - 7, to capture the NLCS in 6 games. In the 10th inning, Garry Maddox drives in Del Unser to end a dramatic playoff series that featured four extra-inning games. The game and series ended with Tug McGraw striking out Willie Wilson at 11:29 p.m. Wilson set a World Series record by striking out twelve times in the six-game set. Ryan Howard, also of the Phillies, would break that record by striking out 13 times in the 2009 World Series. Steve Carlton would get the win, Tug McGraw would get the save and Mike Schmidt was named the World Series MVP. The Phillies became the last of the original AL and NL franchises to win a World Series title. This was also the first World Series to be played on artificial turf.
Standard YouTube License
- 1:18 Reggie Jackson Steals Home in Game 5 of ALCSby ThisDayInBaseballFeatured 7,163
- 7:38 1973 National Leauge Championship Series Highlightsby MarshelaPete 8,512 views
- 2:30 1977 WS Game 6: Reggie belts three homersby MLB 3,495 views
- 0:38 Jackie Robinson Steals Homeby shaggylocks 339,805 views
- 0:36 NLCS Game 5 Manny Trillo Triples Inning 8 Call By Harry Kalasby The1980phillies 3,219 views
- 15:26 SportsCentury Reggie Jackson Part 1by JimMagnet1 1,799 views
- 2:13 Reggie Jackson's last Fenway Park at batby John Mongani 16,513 views
- 7:05 Game 3 1970 World Series Baltimore vs. Cincinnatiby Chuck Phillips 4,071 views
- 0:56 Midsummer Classics (1971)by MLB 53,335 views
- 14:30 NBC 1968 World Series game 5 interviews Cardinals Detroit Tigers Mickey Lolich Al Kaline.mpgby gibomber 10,266 views
- 0:24 Cubs fan throws ball back to home plateby GaryG0122 334,292 views
- 1:36 2011/09/25 Bochy ejected after stolen baseby MLBGlobal11 29,062 views
- 3:31 Reggie Jackson Remembers His 3 HR Game in '77 World Series on SIRIUS XMby sirius 12,439 views
- 0:38 Walk Off Stolen Base!by Johnhomalley1996 104,687 views
- 4:11 1972 OPC Baseball Wax Pack #2 Boxbreakers Vintage Pack Busters Group Breakby crpalmi 536 views
- 0:35 Crosley Field 1967by rheingoldlounge 17,507 views
- 3:26 30 for 30: Four Days In October - Dave Roberts stealing 2ndby ESPN 188,994 views
- 0:16 Worst Play In Baseball Historyby Dmlaney 4,918 views
- 5:08 DON WILSON 1971 All Star Game 8th INNINGby Ayanna Williams 26,753 views
- 3:47 Dumbest Play in Baseball History - Segura tries to Steal Second Base Twice in One Inningby Bobby Clinkert 101,752 views
- Loading more suggestions...