Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Dec 9, 2007
This superb video was made by Ameda, who make breast pumps. It's wonderful to see a commercial company make the effort to hire excellent and well qualified people to produce a high quality marketing video that is informative and exhibiting Best Practice. Well Done Ameda!
We can't reccomend this video highly enough, but although Ameda make it available for file share on the site (presumably they are happy with viral replication - it is a marketing tool after all!) we can't get it to load properly.
We urge you to go to the site and see all of it:
The site also contains excellent breastfeeding support advice.
The pity of it being somewhat speeded up here, is you can't get a sense of the wonderful 'bobbing' motion that the baby is doing, as it signals to the mother that it would like to breastfeed, as it's getting hungry.
This 'bobbing' is an excellent cue to get baby onto Mum's breast asap. Learning your baby's feeding cues will save a lot of anxiety. Baby escalates up to starting to cry and get distressed as hunger kicks in (it's never felt hungry in the womb, so hunger is a new and powerful feeling for it. Powerful feelings are quite scary for small babies - they haven't a clue what's going on.)
A good resource on feeding cues can be found here:
The latch info in the animation is so good, it doesn't need any comment from us. There are a whole list of latch links that complement this video on "First Latch":
If you have already got nipple problems because of a shallow latch, there are links to help on "Poor Latch Good Latch":
The sheer competency of this five day old baby, as it seeks to latch itself to the mother, is just so wonderful to watch! This is another baby that knows exactly what it is doing, and Mum is doing a great job in supporting and helping baby.
However, as we explain in 'Breast Crawl', not all babies come out ready and willing to latch like this as modern birth practices can get in the way. If your baby is sleepy, disorganised or refusing the breast, the info and links on 'Breast Crawl' will help you:
Before we go - we are only reccomending this video, and the excellent breastfeeding advice on the Ameda site - not their products. None of us have ever used them, so we cannot comment.
Do go to the site, however, and watch this baby find that nipple and self latch! :-)
Standard YouTube License
- 8:02:55 ★ 8 HOURS ★ Lullabies for Babies to Sleep - Music for Babies - Baby Songs - Baby Lullaby Bedtimeby Lullaby World Featured 2,564,001
- 2:49 Breast Pump Medela Lactina How to Useby ThePregnancy Channel2,239,575 views
- 2:28 Latching on a newbornby rixaf298,926 views
- 1:42 Yoga Mom and Breastfeedingby TheParentingmagazine154,732 views
- 3:42 5 Breastfeeding Tips That Made Life Easier For Meby Genevieve MamaNatural836,423 views
- 9:01 Princess Diana The secret Tapes Part 1by LadyDianaBaksh766,521 views
- 7:51 How to Breastfeed Deep Latch Techniqueby Breastfeeding22,579 views
- 1:26 How to Insert and Remove Softcup®by insteadinc1,662,187 views
- 10:06 All About Breastfeedingby Gerber1,005,586 views
- 16 videos Play all Breastfeedingby crowbabies
- 5:11 Philips AVENT ISIS Twin Electronic Breast Pumpby BPAtruthdotcom4,181,124 views
- 5:48 Breastfeeding. Naturally. Chapter 2: Birth - Initiating Early Feedsby breastfeedingnz1,201,471 views
- 1:45 How do I know if my baby is properly latched?by NHS Choices258,420 views
- 1:41 How to Get a Newborn to Latchby readysetbabybook48,009 views
- 2:10:54 ✫ 2 HORAS ✫ Canciones de Cuna para arrullar a tu bebé - Dormir y Relajar - Efecto Mozart #by lunacreciente1,790,124 views
- 3:01 Teach Me How To Breast Feed [MUSIC VIDEO]by UrbanMatriarch698,024 views
- 2:03 Shoulder Dystocia Medical Animationby Trial Exhibits, Inc.132,838 views
- 11:00 Mother and baby connecting threw Breastfeedingby BreastFeedingTV5,977 views
- 2:09 Marmet Hand Expression Technique Video - About.comby About.com4,381,123 views
- 1:25 Cute Mama Breastfeeding A Toddler In A Family Bed!by The Cabbage56,012 views