Lets Not Shit Ourselves (To Love and Be Loved) - Bright Eyes
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Feb 9, 2009
Well, the animals laugh from the dark of the wilderness.
A baby cries hard in an apartment complex,
as I pass in a car buried under the influence.
The city's driving me out of my mind.
I've seen a child is caught in the sad trap of gravity.
He falls from the lowest branch of the apple tree
and lands in the grass and weeps for his dignity.
Next time he will not aim so high.
Yeah, next time, neither will I.
Now a mother takes loans out, sends her kids off to colleges.
Her family's reduced to names on a shopping list.
While, a coroner kneels beneath a great, wooden crucifix.
He knows there's worse things than being alone.
And so I've learned to retreat at the first sign of danger.
I mean, why wait around, if it's just to surrender?
An ambition, I've found, can lead only to failure.
I do not read the reviews.
No, I am not singing for you.
Well I stood dropping a coin into the pit of a well.
And I would throw my whole billfold if I thought it would help.
With all these wishes I make,
I should buy something real, at least a telephone call home.
Well, my teachers, they built this retaining wall of memory,
all those multiple choices I answered so quickly.
And got my grades back and forgot just as easily,
but as least I got an A.
And so I don't have them to blame.
Well I should stop pointing fingers;
reserve my judgment of all those public action figures,
the cowboy presidents.
So loud behind the bullhorn, so proud they can't admit
when they've made a mistake.
While poison ink spews from a speechwriter's pen,
he knows he don't have to say it,
so it, it don't bother him.
"Honesty", "Accuracy" is just "Popular Opinion."
And the approval rating's high,
and so someone's gonna die.
Well ABC, NBC, CBS: Bullshit.
They give us fact or fiction? I guess an even split.
And each new act of war is tonight's entertainment.
We're still the pawns in their game.
As they take eye for an eye until no one can see,
we must stumble blindly forward, repeating history.
Well, I guess we all fit into your slogan
on the fast food marquee:
Red blooded, White skinned oh and the Blues.
Oh and the Blues, I got the Blues! That's me! That's me!
Well, I awoke in relief.
My sheets and tubes were all tangled weak from whiskey and pills,
in a Chicago hospital.
And my father was there, in a chair, by the window, staring so far away.
I tried talking, just whispered, "...so sorry...so selfish..."
He stopped me and said, "Child I love you regardless
and there's nothing you could do that would ever change this.
I'm not angry. It happens. But you just can't do it again."
So now I try to keep up, I've been exchanging my currency.
While a million objects pass through my periphery.
Now I'm rubbing my eyes 'cause they're starting to bother me.
I've been staring too long at the screen.
But where was it when I first heard a sweet sound of humility?
It came to my ears in the goddamn loveliest melody.
How grateful I was then to be part of the mystery,
to love and to be loved. Let's just hope that is enough.
Standard YouTube License
- Buy "Let's Not Shit Ourselves (To Love And To Be Loved)" on
Bright Eyes, Bright Eyes
- 50 videos Play all YouTube Mix
- 1:19:39 Bright Eyes - Lifted or the Story is in the Soil, Keep Your Ear to the Ground (Full Album)by setel gabrielaFeatured 7,664
- 4:10 Well Whiskey- Bright Eyesby kevinkevinkevink 74,466 views
- 2:39 I Won't Ever Be Happy Again by Bright Eyesby FierceUnicorn 315,127 views
- 4:34 Bright Eyes - We are nowhere and it's now liveby Iccullus 217,259 views
- 4:07 Sorry You're Not a Winner - Enter Shikari (Lyrics in Description)by 1VANO6 27,450 views
- 51 videos Play all Bright Eyesby GoldSkywalkern
- 4:40 Bright Eyes - Poison Oakby Belarde11 436,045 views
- 8:32 Bright Eyes - An Attempt to Tip the Scalesby saviorxxself 71,763 views
- 3:13 Bright Eyes - Oh, You Are the Roots That Sleep Beneath My Feet And Hold the Earth In Placeby Belarde11 137,420 views
- 6:45 Bright Eyes Waste of Paintby Iccullus 104,163 views
- 5:49 no lies just love bright eyes lyricsby itsacaciad00d 200,357 views
- 6:20 Bright Eyes - I Must Belong Somewhere (MUSIC VIDEO)by cheshire6 77,475 views
- 2:08 Bright Eyes - Spent On Rainy Days - 01 (lyrics in the description)by klkool1 25,081 views
- 7:29 bright eyes - road to joyby felipeoberst 971,567 views
- 6:06 Train Under Water -- Bright Eyesby Pirrhos 103,365 views
- 4:26 (HD) Bright Eyes - "Jejune Stars" 2/24 Letterman (TheAudioPerv.com)by mtvvmas2k10 113,198 views
- 8:38 Bright Eyes: Don't Know When But A Day's Gonna Comeby ohmyupoorchild 3,094 views
- 4:14 We Are Nowhere And It's Nowby XxSinfulEnvyxX 416,102 views
- 4:44 Bright Eyes - Haligh, Haligh, A Lie, Halighby greyxface 224,340 views
- 2:17 Bright Eyes - falling out of love at this volumeby OfficialAdamCooper 72,591 views
- 49:32 Bright Eyes - The People's Key full album streamby brighteyesband 234,135 views
- Loading more suggestions...