ScrumbleShip: Sabotage of the C.S.S. Blingnaught
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Nov 8, 2012
This is footage from the alpha version of ScrumbleShip, a voxel-based, open world multiplayer space sim being developed by Dirkson of OrangeHat Tech. It shows many of the features currently in the game (player flight physics, heat simulation, voxel damage, etc.) through a dramatized scenario.
NOTE: Jump to 2:49 to see the game's voxel damage engine in action!
However, most of the game's features are not yet implemented, including:
- AI crew (hence the stand-in crew I created acting like sitting ducks)
- AI ships
- Air pressure simulation
- Ship flight physics
- Structural stress physics
- Object physics
- Animated character models
- Ship-to-ship weapons
- Inter-system travel
- Asteroid mining and material fabrication
- Material storage in holds
- Power simulation
- Gravity simulated by spin and acceleration
- Plant-based biological ships (self-healing animal-based ship parts are in game)
- And a ton more.
Note: I know those crew members shouldn't be standing on the floor, as there is no gravity. They were the only character models I had. Pretend they have magnetic boots (which are planned). :P
If you're interested in the game, you can buy it at ScrumbleShip.com, or try the free demo. If you buy it, you'll have access to the alpha with regular updates, and the finished game.
Nerdy Video Backstory:
You are watching helmet cam footage of the famous (or infamous, depending on your perspective) sabotage of the C.S.S. Blingnaught. Finally declassified, the footage documents the mission of a lone spy, codenamed "Insolent," tasked by Her Majesty's Royal Navy to infiltrate the Blingnaught, damage critical systems, and assassinate the ship's captain, Miles Roquefort.
As any school child in the Galactic Imperium knows, the S.S. Blingnaught, a diamond-hulled scout ship, was carrying intelligence concerning Imperium fleet movements to the Confederated Systems homeworld. The intelligence that could have turned the tide of the war in the Confederation's favor. But because, paradoxically, faster than light transport of matter is possible while FTL transfer of intact data transmissions is not, the Blingnaught needed to carry the intelligence to the Confederacy home system before transmitting it, as the data would take many years to cross interstellar space.
At the time it was infiltrated, the Blingnaught was charging her jump drive to make the final jump to the Confederacy homeworld. Fortunately for the Imperium, the spy was able to tail the Blingnaught in a state-of-the-art stealth ship. He boarded the enemy ship, which was manned only by a skeleton crew, and neutralized critical ship systems and personnel, including Captain Roquefort, before the ship could jump. Crippled, the Blingnaught was unable to make the jump before Imperium ships arrived to take the remaining crew prisoner. Imperium fleet movements remained a secret, and ultimately the Imperium won the war.
This footage is released for use on a Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported (CC BY-ND 3.0) license. You are free to share the video in its current form all you like wherever you like, as long as you say where you got it - just don't modify it.
Standard YouTube License
- 17:58 Scrumbleship: Broadside lasers build: Part 1by GeneralDoomer Featured 3,602
- 24:10 Bargain Bin: Scrumbleshipby 4KbShort550 views
- 26:40 ScrumbleShip - Building Hoy-Ehby Jacob8431121,195 views
- 44:31 Stuff+ Plays - ScrumbleShipby OfficialStuffPlus20,514 views
- 23:03 Dom Plays StarMade - Deep Space Adventures - Part 1by VideoDoJoProductions126,758 views
- 1:22:16 Let's Play Starbound w/ Yogscast (First Public Showing) - 13 - #Insomnia49 Main Stageby Multiplay40,397 views
- 1:19:33 Lets Play Farming Simulator 2013 - Multiplayer!!! Ep 3 - With MasterMine909by BradM738,285 views
- 20:38 KBAMQuicklook: Scrumbleshipby KBAM cast437 views
- 19:58 Starmade - Bada$$ Space Ships!by CrisstheNightbringer60,390 views
- 7:15 Tatooine PvP Event (FnF) #1 | SWGEmu (Basilisk)by Cem Canatar765 views
- 19:14 The Cannibal Generals of Liberiaby VICE1,907,689 views
- 15:00 National Geographic: Secret Weapon Of The Confederacyby eSourceVideo19,509 views
- 41:29 Starmade - Ep.1 - Minecraft In Space!by TheDevildogGamer98,422 views
- 17:14 Starmade - Ep.2 - War Begins!by TheDevildogGamer67,231 views
- 15:54 Quad Marble Machine 2012by denha647,425 views
- 15:06 Blockade Runner - What's new in 0.69.1by ZanMgt6,819 views
- 16:10 Construction + ScrumbleShip : Episode 5by OfficialStuffPlus1,833 views
- 2:30 Organic damage healingby dirkson2,488 views
- 15:06 Scrumbleship: Building a super massive laser cannon!by GeneralDoomer3,157 views
- 11:15 StarMade - Awesome Ship!by KotoAndSen KAS87,451 views
- Loading more suggestions...