Raytheon - Phalanx Close-In Weapon System (CIWS) & SeaRAM Anti-Ship Missile Defense System [480p]
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Apr 14, 2011
The Phalanx CIWS advanced radar-controlled gun system provides superior defense against close-in air and surface threats.
The Phalanx Close-In Weapon System is a rapid-fire, computer-controlled, radar-guided gun system designed to defeat anti-ship missiles and other close-in air and surface threats. A self-contained package, Phalanx automatically carries out functions usually performed by multiple systems -- including search, detection, threat evaluation, tracking, engagement, and kill assessment.
Phalanx Block 1B, the latest upgrade, with its surface mode configuration, augments the proven anti-air warfare capability by adding a forward looking infrared sensor and optimized gun barrels to the Block 1A configuration. It allows Phalanx to be used against littoral warfare threats such as helicopters and high-speed surface threats. Block 1B also adds new control stations with situational awareness that allows operators to visually track and identify targets before engagement.
Phalanx is installed on practically all U.S. combatant ships and on those of 22 allied nations.
The SeaRAM Anti-Ship Missile Defense System provides the highest level of ship self-defense with extended keep-out range capability.
The SeaRAM Anti-Ship Missile Defense System is a spiral development of key attributes of the Phalanx Close-In Weapon System and the Rolling Airframe Missile (RAM) Guided Weapon System. SeaRAM is designed to extend the inner layer battlespace and enable the ship to effectively engage multiple high-performance, supersonic and subsonic threats.
An 11-missile RAM launcher assembly replaces Phalanx's 20mm gun. SeaRAM combines RAM's superior accuracy, extended range and high maneuverability with the Phalanx Block 1B's high resolution search-and-track sensor systems and reliable quick-response capability.
SeaRAM is an affordable capability upgrade ---- the above-deck system fits the exact footprint of the Phalanx, uses the same power, and requires minimal shipboard modification.
Standard YouTube License
- 7:47 Iran Reality and Illusionby StopSpamming11,566,860 views
- 7:16 The Five Worst Weapons Still in Use - Truthloaderby Truthloader1,489,941 views
- 8:45 Anti-submarine grenade launcher demo onboard Swedish Strike craft HMS Styrbjörnby Mats Österholm301,104 views
- 2:25 UHS RC Space Shuttle Modelby mgas1237540,935 views
- 1:36 Warship Sunk By Australian Frigate In Coalition Successby ADFMedia351,987 views
- 1:12 Sea Wiz demo on USS Vicksburgby ringkingpin25,408 views
- 6:01 127/64 LW Vulcano naval gun system Oto Melaraby NavyRecognition244,966 views
- 23:36 Бе-200 Гидроавиасалон 2010 чать 1 Be-200 Hydro Air Show 2010 part 1by KonstantinKhmelik870,479 views
- 0:37 MACH 10 Rail Gun Prototype build by European BAE for US Navyby EuroSon992,517,576 views
- 8:43 MOSKIT - the best anti-ship missile in the worldby TyphoonUSSR936,570 views
- 4:10 Future Weapons Sweden [ 2 / 2 ]by xNorthColdx758,205 views
- 2:33 The Sinking Of The Cruise Ship Oceanosby Aaron19123,006,903 views
- 4:52 Sukhoi - T-50 Pak Fa Stealth Fighter 2nd Prototype First Flight [480p]by arronlee33473,517 views
- 1:59 Boeing YAL-1 Airborne Laser Testbedby jaglavaksoldier1,331,605 views
- 66 videos Play all naval militechby nicholai225
- raytheoncompany 160 videos3K
- 8:15 Oto Melara 76mm Strales naval gun systemby NavyRecognition99,087 views
- 2:33 WORLDS BEST Russian Kashtan CIWS Better than US NAVY Phalanx CIWSby ArmedForcesUpdate138,413 views
- 2:33 Centurion weapon system C-RAM Counter-rocket artillery and mortar weapon system Raytheonby armyreco70,953 views
- 0:48 Goalkeeper CIWSby Wilhelm Ax602,919 views